Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Trent Edwards??

Default Trent Edwards??

First off I would just like to say that I love kyle orton as our quarterback, I think the job he is doing is more than acceptable and the way that he is playing now, ie. virtually mistake free perfect McD football is exactly what we need to be succesful. The way he controlls the offence in the redzone is quality. Right now we stand at 6-0. Can anyone tell me we'd be 6-0 with Jay Cutler throwing ridiculously costly picks in the redzone the whole time? The point of McD's offence is one of dominating TOP by runninug the ball effectively, and by throwing shrt accurate passes to well run routes after reading the defence and throwing to the receiver who has the least risky coverage around him. When jay was here, he was magic between the 20's, spectacular at times, he threw long passes, absolute darts to the outside, to the seam, to the post and we picked up big chunks of yardage with his play, but once in the redzone, he just wasnt efficient, and still isnt. Simple. And with play like that, combined with the way McD likes to play sound fundamental football, not turn the ball over, and keep his defence off the field, cutler wouldnt have bneen as successful in this system and im genuinely glad he's gone. Kyle Orton IS successful, and the job he's doing right now for us is just what we want. A few things that I dont llike about Orton is his ability to really lead us down the field in a two minute drill (because we all know at SOME stage our D isnt gonna bail us out of a game completely) He's just not accurate enough and he doesnt have th touch you'd like from passes over 20 yards. And as much as I love his play right now, you just knoe kyle orton has a ceiling, and he may not be too far away from that ceiling right now.

Which brings me onto this. At the end of this year, there is an excellent chance that Dick Jauran will be fired. Guys done nothing with the bills and after this year will be gone. I dont think I'll find many arguments here. So, with a new regime in buffalo, comes . . . a new QB. More than half the mocks Ive seen around the internet have the Bills taking a new QB in the draft this year. IF Edwards wouldnt last in Buffalo, ive been thinking to myself how good he would look in a broncos Uni. Think about it.

The guy has perfect NFL QB size, He's 6'4" 231lbs. He reminds me a lot in the way he plays of Kyle Orton. Hes relatively careful with the football (sometimes too careful as bills fans will atest to), hes an extremely smart guy, see Stanford education. He's got a incredible football IQ, any scouting report or coach that has been around edwards will tell you this. This is perfect for McD's system. Most of the guy can throw the ball deep when he wants to, see Lee evans. His arm strength is very strong. I think with the coaching of McD, which we all know is just unbelievable, the attributes and the youth he has on his side he could be an absolutley perfect QB for us. Dont forget also that coming out of college, the father of the west coast offence himself, Bill Walsh, gushed about this guy, and said that he would be the perfect QB to run it at the next level. This is the former coach of Montana and Young. Its just something that Ive been thinking about a lot lately and Id love to hear anybodys thoughts about it!

Adopted Bronco:
    Eddie Royal

absolutely not. Trent Edwards is about as reliable as Derek Anderson. way too inconsistent, doesn't make good reads, makes poor decisions with the football. no way in hell. Tom Brandstater would easily outplay him for a backup or a 3rd roster spot.

I want no part of what Trent Edwards has to offer.

3. The Following 3 Users High Fived Overtime For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Chris "goldenrod" Simms

Tom Brandstater

/thread

5. The Following 3 Users High Fived Dortoh For This Post:

In the CBMB Tradition...

...SIGN HIM!!!

Adopted Bronco:
    D.Thomas....the next great broncos WR

favre !

Adopted Bronco:
    Chris "goldenrod" Simms

Quote Originally Posted by T.K.O. (team kyle orton) View Post
    favre !

9. The Following User High Fived Dortoh For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Malik Jackson

pass

Adopted Bronco:

I like Edwards and in McD's offense he wouldnt have to make reads, so he could probably do well. but...if it ain't broke...why fix it?

Adopted Bronco:
    Josey Jewell

Edwards would probably upgrade the QB position from Orton/Simms/Brandstater
    to Orton/Edwards/Brandstater. Edwards would end up with arguably the best
    QB coach in football, who could do with Edwards what he did with Cassel and
    Orton, and, to some extent, Brady.

In other words, under McDaniels and McCoy, Edwards could very well lose his
    inconsistencies. Only thing is, a battle for #1 would probably ensue, and the
    loser could very well be an uhappy former #1, and the Broncos would probably
    lose that one, anyway. So then the Broncos would be largely status quo at
    their #1 position and looking for #2, which would be a step backward, however
    minor.

So, as Coach said, why fix it? Especially when the fix might be worse than the
    imagined problem?

-----
    Though He slay me, I will trust in Him . . . (Job 13:15)

Adopted Bronco:
    Eddie Royal

Edwards wouldn't even make it through training camp as a Bronco. he'd be among the first wave of cuts.

and for what it's worth, Brandstater would beat out Edwards for the #2 spot.

Adopted Bronco:
    Josey Jewell

Quote Originally Posted by Overtime View Post
    Edwards wouldn't even make it through training camp as a Bronco. he'd be among the first wave of cuts.

and for what it's worth, Brandstater would beat out Edwards for the #2 spot.
    You don't know that. A whole lot of people said Orton was going to stink, too.
    I guess they forgot all about McDaniels and what he can do with a quarterback.

-----
    Though He slay me, I will trust in Him . . . (Job 13:15)

Adopted Bronco:

Quote Originally Posted by topscribe View Post
    You don't know that. A whole lot of people said Orton was going to stink, too.
    I guess they forgot all about McDaniels and what he can do with a quarterback.

-----
    Exactly. No one gave Orton a chance until he proved them wrong. Edwards is a solid guy and I highly doubt a 7th round draft choice would beat him out right off the bat.

Adopted Bronco:
    VON

I don't think it is Edwards VS what we have now. If we were going to look at Edwards than you would assume we were looking at all available QBs. If you assume this then you are saying Edwards is the VERY BEST QB for the Broncos at that point. Assuming this I would pass on Edwards. I think there would be more talent available to the Broncos.
    Saying that, if McDaniels signed Edwards and said he is the man, I would be all for it. He has proven he knows QBs

Thanks MasterShake!!!

17. The Following 2 Users High Fived MileHighCrew For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Chris "goldenrod" Simms

Ok fine geez

$

/thread

Adopted Bronco:
    Bob Howsam

Quote Originally Posted by CoachChaz View Post
    but...if it ain't broke...why fix it?
    /thread
    "Milk is for babies. When you grow up, you have to drink beer" -Arnold

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information