Arizona - 1
    Illinois - 1
    Massachusetts - 1
    Ohio St. - 1
    Oklahoma - 1
    UCLA - 1
    Indiana St. - 1
    Michigan St. - 1

In 2 years, Ku and UNC will be tied with 6.

That's assuming it takes Self a few gemas next season for the team to get acclimated with each other. But by conference play, KU will be a well oiled machine. Again.

Quote Originally Posted by Bronco9798 View Post
    Indiana has the room. Just saying.....
    No Bucknell jokes?
    2012: The Year that Mo Got Laid

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by cswil View Post
    No Bucknell jokes?
    Don't you mean Bradnell?
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

Quote Originally Posted by MissouriBronc View Post
    Don't you mean Bradnell?
    No jokes. They taught the KU young pups to take the tournament seriously. Thus, resulting in an NCAA championship......

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

NDIANAPOLIS -- Indiana will give up two basketball scholarships for the upcoming season in anticipation of penalties related to the NCAA's Academic Progress Rate, assistant athletic director Frank Cuervo confirmed Wednesday.

The APR is a percentage score over a rolling four-year period that measures retention and eligibility of players. Teams can lose scholarships if their score is subpar and they have a player who left school early and would not have been academically eligible had he remained.

University officials don't comment on players' academic standing due to privacy laws, but coach Tom Crean has said he "inherited a tremendous amount of dysfunction."

Cuervo said that the move is partially related to the number of players who have left since the end of the 2007-08 season. Eric Gordon went to the NBA. Brandon McGee, DeAndre Thomas, Armon Bassett and Jamarcus Ellis were dismissed from the team, and Eli Holman and Jordan Crawford left the program.

But Cuervo said it wasn't that simple.

"It's not necessarily about one issue," said Cuervo. "It's obviously related to the APR score. In terms of reasons, it's not necessarily due to just players leaving.

Indiana already has given up one scholarship for 2008-09 due to the phone-call scandal under former coach Kelvin Sampson. Indiana still is awaiting the NCAA's decision on the allegations against Sampson.

"We will take contemporaneous penalties pro-actively this year for upcoming '07-08 numbers, and we don't anticipate further penalties going forward," school spokesman J.D. Campbell said.

Campbell said Crean's previous academic record at Marquette, including the fact that all 26 seniors who exhausted their eligibility graduated, made Indiana confident.

Crean has eight scholarship players available for the upcoming season. He also has a transfer who has to sit out a year and will be eligible in 2009-10. That counts as nine scholarships for 2008-09 and leaves the Hoosiers with one available.
    AP NEWS
    The Associated Press News Service

Copyright 2007-2008, The Associated Press, All Rights Reserved

Going to be tough watching my Hoosiers this year.

I'm sure Bobby is sitting back having a good laugh over this.
    BOOM GOES THE DYNAMITE

6. The Following User High Fived Bronco9798 For This Post:

NDIANAPOLIS -- Indiana will give up two basketball scholarships for the upcoming season in anticipation of penalties related to the NCAA's Academic Progress Rate, assistant athletic director Frank Cuervo confirmed Wednesday.

The APR is a percentage score over a rolling four-year period that measures retention and eligibility of players. Teams can lose scholarships if their score is subpar and they have a player who left school early and would not have been academically eligible had he remained.

University officials don't comment on players' academic standing due to privacy laws, but coach Tom Crean has said he "inherited a tremendous amount of dysfunction."

Cuervo said that the move is partially related to the number of players who have left since the end of the 2007-08 season. Eric Gordon went to the NBA. Brandon McGee, DeAndre Thomas, Armon Bassett and Jamarcus Ellis were dismissed from the team, and Eli Holman and Jordan Crawford left the program.

But Cuervo said it wasn't that simple.

"It's not necessarily about one issue," said Cuervo. "It's obviously related to the APR score. In terms of reasons, it's not necessarily due to just players leaving.

Indiana already has given up one scholarship for 2008-09 due to the phone-call scandal under former coach Kelvin Sampson. Indiana still is awaiting the NCAA's decision on the allegations against Sampson.

"We will take contemporaneous penalties pro-actively this year for upcoming '07-08 numbers, and we don't anticipate further penalties going forward," school spokesman J.D. Campbell said.

Campbell said Crean's previous academic record at Marquette, including the fact that all 26 seniors who exhausted their eligibility graduated, made Indiana confident.

Crean has eight scholarship players available for the upcoming season. He also has a transfer who has to sit out a year and will be eligible in 2009-10. That counts as nine scholarships for 2008-09 and leaves the Hoosiers with one available.
    AP NEWS
    The Associated Press News Service

Copyright 2007-2008, The Associated Press, All Rights Reserved

Going to be tough watching my Hoosiers this year.

I'm sure Bobby is sitting back having a good laugh over this.
    I think Indiana will still be pretty good this year. Not awesome, but good.

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

I'm not really optimistic, but I'm hopeful for a decent season. Not much talent coming back next year. Going to take a few years to start getting some decent recruits in there.
    BOOM GOES THE DYNAMITE

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

I'm not really optimistic, but I'm hopeful for a decent season. Not much talent coming back next year. Going to take a few years to start getting some decent recruits in there.
    Tom Crean will have that program back up and running, and he's a good x's and o's coach too.

Indiana will be back on top soon, maybe not next year.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information