Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: What I am still worried about...

Default What I am still worried about...

Our ability to score points on offense. All other things being equal, without Eddie's two returns tonight we lose this game. I am not trying to be a downer, but if we get into a game where we can't control the opposing offense, and need to score 25+ points on offense, I just don't feel confident we can do it.

Now, maybe our staff is sitting on plans/plays etc that we have yet to see, maybe they just have not really opened up the offense, but this just worries me. Somebody help me feel better about this!

2. The Following User High Fived scott.475 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

Quote Originally Posted by scott.475 View Post
    Our ability to score points on offense. All other things being equal, without Eddie's two returns tonight we lose this game. I am not trying to be a downer, but if we get into a game where we can't control the opposing offense, and need to score 25+ points on offense, I just don't feel confident we can do it.

Now, maybe our staff is sitting on plans/plays etc that we have yet to see, maybe they just have not really opened up the offense, but this just worries me. Somebody help me feel better about this!
    But we don't know what the offense would have do had Eddie not scored on those returns. The way the offense starting moving the ball once things settled down lead me to believe they might have scored more points if the returns had not gone for touchdowns.

Quote Originally Posted by scott.475 View Post

this TEAM has only had 6 games to get the offense working together at game speed..

marshall did not grace our presence till the season started and because of that KO has had to work harder at getting his timing down with him than the others..

the Offense will get better as they get the newer type rushing scheme down.. the whole offense seems to still be thinking about what is developing opposed to reacting to it as it does..

we have been adding a layer to the O each week.. last week it was Eddie this week Scheffler..

who will it be next week..

lots of timing issues that still need to be worked on..

5. The Following 3 Users High Fived Lonestar For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Drew Lock

I hear what you're saying, but this is a different team than we are used to seeing. This team is as close to a defensive powerhouse as I've seen for Denver in years. They have to compliment each other. What's scary too is they're 6-0 and can get better. Orton has avoided turnovers, as long as that can continue and defense is solid, every game is winnable.
    "I may not be a mathematician, but I can count to a million." - Shannon Sharpe

7. The Following 4 Users High Fived Shazam! For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Rapey Lonnie

Well if you take away Eddies than you have to take away Sproles return as well. If this happens we still win. Also if you take away eddies don't forget that those are also two possessions we would of had, so who knows we may of scored points on those anyway and ate up more of the play clock.

We also had more offensive yards and more time of possession if we get those two possessions we get even more yards and more TOP. We win either way. Special teams are as much of the game as the offense or defense. You can't really play the what if a win is a win.

9. The Following 9 Users High Fived Foochacho For This Post:

Another thing, too, is our short yardage running plays, we just do not seem to be getting it done there. I don't think Knowshon is the guy for that, at least not yet. I know Hillis has had a few issues this year, but gosh, I sure would like to see him get a few chances on those short yardage plays again and see if he can power through the line on those 3-and-1s.

Also, in my original post I did say "all other things being equal", I know all different results could have happened. More simply, I am worried about our offense if we really ended up being in a shootout with someone.
    Last edited by scott.475; 10-20-2009 at 12:25 AM.

11. The Following 3 Users High Fived scott.475 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Rapey Lonnie

I agree on the short yardage. Maybe Hillis will be our go to guy when Larsen gets back in to block for him. But I think Moreno can be that guy I just haven't seen too many holes for him in those situations. That leap was a great effort if he doesn't leap that drive is dead.

13. The Following 3 Users High Fived Foochacho For This Post:

Team win. Teams win games, not one unit. Sometimes its the D, sometimes it's the O, tonight it was the special teams. A win is a win.
    I am Khan

15. The Following 8 Users High Fived Kaylore For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Eddie Royal

well to be honest, the offense put up 20 points, and special teams put up 14. our defense is pretty much dictating how many points we have to score to win.

we bent tonight but we didn't break. Rivers only threw 1 passing td against us, the rest was sproles return for a td and Kaedings 3 field goals.

so we held the Chargers high powered offense to 1 TD, and 3 FG's...that's outstanding, especially when you have a guy like Rivers as the QB.

this defense is playing awesome. Total points allowed this season is 66 but our defense didn't give up the Sproles PR for a TD..that was the special teams, so in essence our defense has only given up 59 points over 6 games, which is good for a 9.8333333333 pts per game average.

overall the Broncos are allowing 11 points per game (total of 66 points through 6 weeks).

that's unheard of in the NFL.

17. The Following 4 Users High Fived Overtime For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Kaylore View Post
    Team win. Teams win games, not one unit. Sometimes its the D, sometimes it's the O, tonight it was the special teams. A win is a win.
    maybe we are the most well-rounded and complete team in the nfl.
    "Oh I’m sorry, did I break your concentration?”
    Jules Winnfield - Pulp Fiction

19. The Following 2 Users High Fived DenBronx For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mike Leach

Quote Originally Posted by DenBronx View Post
    maybe we are the most well-rounded and complete team in the nfl.
    Nah, that'd be the Saints at the moment.

Our special teams still needs quite a bit of work. We scored on a kick return and a punt return but we still allowed one too.
    Quote Originally Posted by Benetto View Post
    Orton can't single left handedly ruin everything on O.
    We didn't lose the game; we just ran out of time. - Vince Lombardi

"I make mistakes, I am out of control and at times hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best."
    — Marilyn Monroe

Quote Originally Posted by pnbronco View Post
    dang it go drink some Fireball and find your own dang chicken....

21. The Following 3 Users High Fived frauschieze For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Von Ware-Wolfe

Quote Originally Posted by frauschieze View Post
    Nah, that'd be the Saints at the moment.

Our special teams still needs quite a bit of work. We scored on a kick return and a punt return but we still allowed one too.
    Broncos would give the Saints a run for their money...
    In Elway We Trust

23. The Following 2 Users High Fived CrazyHorse For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Drew Lock

I believe the Broncos can play anyone in the NFL only because of their defense.
    "I may not be a mathematician, but I can count to a million." - Shannon Sharpe

25. The Following User High Fived Shazam! For This Post:

I still think we have not showed all of our cards on offense yet. after the bye i think our O is going to come out swinging.

and yes we are the most well rounded. our D is better than the saints.
    "Oh I’m sorry, did I break your concentration?”
    Jules Winnfield - Pulp Fiction

27. The Following 2 Users High Fived DenBronx For This Post:

Yea... but we do have Eddie, and we did win the game. That'd be like if the Chargers won the game because Rivers had 400 yards passing and 4 TD's. Do you think they'd sit there and say " well if we didn't have Rivers, we would have lost?"

A win is a win. 1 week we win with good defense and a crazy play at the end. 1 week we win with great defense and a well balanced offense, 1 week we do that again. 1 week we win with great 2nd, 3rd, 4th quarter defense and clutch plays from the offense. 1 week we win with a great 2nd half defense, and clutch plays by the offense in the 4th quarter and OT to win.

Then this week we win with a great return game, and great 2nd half defense again as well as an effeciant offense that got the job done.

I really love the way this offense can move the ball down field at any time. We have plenty of weapons. Were going to win games roughly 23-13 on a weekly basis. Thats not bad.

We do what it takes to win. Some weeks it will be Orton looking great, other games it will be our RB's going off. Other days it will be a great defensive win. Other days it will be great special teams. We can win more then 1 way and thats what good/great football teams do. Unlike last year where the only way to win is if we scored 30 points a game.

So quit your complaining and enjoy being 6-0.
    @Tnedator

RIP DARRENT WILLIAMS
    RIP DAMIEN NASH
    RIP BFC
    RIP Sneakers the Cat

29. The Following 2 Users High Fived BroncoBJ For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information