Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Broncos - Chargers Predictions

Default Broncos - Chargers Predictions

I see us getting the passing game going this game. We will use the running game early but that will give us the opening to get some balls through the air.

LT has always been a Bronco killer, but LT isn't the same as he used to be. That being said, Sproles is pretty shifty, our D needs to wrap up on the tackes instead of trying to knock the guy out!

I wanna see Rivers on his ass, I hope Doom and the D line can get to him early and often. I can't wait for this game...

Denver 19
    SD 13

Quote Originally Posted by Timmy! View Post
    Effing school zones suck. It's only a matter of time before I get nailed in one.
    Quote Originally Posted by Valar Morghulis View Post
    I take the fat out of the pan once no longer hot, smear it all over my genitals, then enter consenting people with my tumescent member.

2. The Following User High Fived weazel For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Knowshon Moreno

Broncos 52
    Chargers 3

Book it.

4. The Following 4 Users High Fived honz For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    D.Thomas....the next great broncos WR

Chris Tanaka

KDVR Denver

4:24 p.m. CDT, October 14, 2009
    E-mail Print Share Text Size

DENVER - With the win over the Patriots now in the rearview mirror, the Denver Broncos set their sights squarely on the Chargers. The game will be played in San Diego, on Monday night. Like the Pats game, this one has all the makings of a regular season classic. Like the Pats game, the Broncos are underdogs...again (+3.5).

I don't get it.

The Broncos are 5-0, while the Chargers are 2-2. The Broncos are moving in the right direction, while the Chargers seem listless.

What I do understand is that home teams usually get a standard 3 point edge when the odds are put out, but that didn't stop Vegas from installing the Patriots as 4 ½ point favorites on the opening line.

Clearly, there is a lack of respect for the Broncos nationwide. But the funny thing is, they don't care. Kyle Orton said Wednesday that he couldn't care less how he's perceived across the country (keep in mind, he just beat out Peyton Manning for Offensive Player of the Week honors).

The Broncos don't need petty motivations like 'respect' when gearing up for a game like this, and it shows. It'll also show when they win Monday night, and move to 6-0 on the season.

Here's how they'll do it:

Offensively, the Broncos will use the Chargers' exceptional pass rush and stout corners against them. They'll run their wide outs downfield, and work the slot relentlessly. They'll run up inside, where the Chargers are sorely missing Jamal Williams. They'll control the ball, and score three touchdowns in a game for the first time this season.

Defensively, they'll have their hands full with quarterback Phillip Rivers, but I believe they'll be able to stop the run from a base defense, allowing for better safety help in the passing game. I expect Rivers to hit a home run or two, but he won't be able to sustain anything.

Broncos win 24-20.

6. The Following 2 Users High Fived T.K.O. For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by honz View Post
    Broncos 52
    Chargers 3

Book it.
    you mean they aren't going to destroy New Englands record from yesterday?

I'm pretty disappointed in your lack of confidence honz!

Quote Originally Posted by Timmy! View Post
    Effing school zones suck. It's only a matter of time before I get nailed in one.
    Quote Originally Posted by Valar Morghulis View Post
    I take the fat out of the pan once no longer hot, smear it all over my genitals, then enter consenting people with my tumescent member.

8. The Following 2 Users High Fived weazel For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Paul George

I'm worried we come out sluggish for a variety of reasons.

The win over the Patriots was a huge emotional win, and I don't know how much of that kind of emotion we have left in the tank. McD let up on the guys this week, giving them a couple of days off. Did they deserve it? Sure, but I don't know if it will play in our favor, or against us. We'll find out tonight. The Chargers will be amped for it. This is most definitely a "must win" game for the Chargers. They simply cannot afford to fall 3.5 games behind us, at home no less.

I still think we come out on top in this one, but it's going to be hard-fought the whole way, and one bad bounce, or mental error can make the difference either way.

So far those bounces have gone our direction, but had they not, we could easily be sitting here at 2-3 instead of 5-0.

This team will need its best effort yet to win tonight. Good thing is that we haven't seen their best effort yet.

10. The Following 2 Users High Fived NightTrainLayne For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Chris "goldenrod" Simms

I really worry about this game and what kind of wrinkles the chargers will have for us following a bye week. If they get a gimmic play or two to work I fear the worst.

Denver 20
    Chargers 17

Adopted Bronco:
    Mike Nolan / Andre' Goodman

Broncos 28 Chargers 10. We'll leave no room for excuses and crying.
    ...they always act tuff in the club, cause they know i just got searched at the door.

13. The Following User High Fived sacmar For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Josey Jewell

Default Well . . .

Quote Originally Posted by NightTrainLayne View Post
    I'm worried we come out sluggish for a variety of reasons.

The win over the Patriots was a huge emotional win, and I don't know how much of that kind of emotion we have left in the tank. McD let up on the guys this week, giving them a couple of days off. Did they deserve it? Sure, but I don't know if it will play in our favor, or against us. We'll find out tonight. The Chargers will be amped for it. This is most definitely a "must win" game for the Chargers. They simply cannot afford to fall 3.5 games behind us, at home no less.

I still think we come out on top in this one, but it's going to be hard-fought the whole way, and one bad bounce, or mental error can make the difference either way.

So far those bounces have gone our direction, but had they not, we could easily be sitting here at 2-3 instead of 5-0.

This team will need its best effort yet to win tonight. Good thing is that we haven't seen their best effort yet.
    That's where the extra day and a half toward a Monday game would come in
    handy. Had this happened yesterday, I would have worried more in that
    respect. Hopefully, they experienced the emotional crash and had time to get
    back up for this one . . .

-----
    Though He slay me, I will trust in Him . . . (Job 13:15)

15. The Following User High Fived topscribe For This Post:

Where did the Chargers get an "exceptional pass rush"?

Adopted Bronco:
    Craig Orton

Bronx - 24
    Chargirls - 20

Adopted Bronco:

San Diego - 21
    Denver - 17

Can't win 'em all

24-18 den

the chargers have a really easy schedule the rest of the year though. they even play a winless tenn and we dont. they could easily catch up to us if we lose a few games.

we still play pitt, balt, san diego 2x, indy, phi and the giants.
    Last edited by DenBronx; 10-19-2009 at 02:31 PM.
    "Oh I’m sorry, did I break your concentration?”
    Jules Winnfield - Pulp Fiction

Adopted Bronco:
    Rick Upchurch

I have the Broncos slated to win in the pick 'em, but I always choose the Broncos there. Honestly, I think Denver may lose this one as it is in San Diego and because the Chargers have had a knack for making surprise mid-season pushes.
    How's your burger, bro? - Ancient proverb

Adopted Bronco:
    Sammy Winder

I think people are giving the damn Bolts too much credit. They've beaten the Fish and the Faid. I say the D bags a TD tonight and we win by 10.

Denver 27
    San Diego 17
    "Chickens are dope..." - Von Miller

23. The Following 2 Users High Fived EastCoastBronco For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information