Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Give #22 the ROCK!!!

Default Give #22 the ROCK!!!

OK. Since March I've been on the McKid express. Anybody on this forum knows that. I adore the 5-0 start. This team is playing with emotion I haven't seen in a long, long time, on both sides of the ball. That being said. I only have 1 complaint.

For several weeks now, the Broncos have been getting owned in 3rd/4th and extremely short situations. It's driving me insane.

1: Run the friggin QB sneak. Really. Our O-line might not be the biggest. But Kuper is one of the best young OG's in football. There is no reason we can't get 2 inches off guard. Really.

2. I know we got stuffed with this play against the Faid, but holy cow. Give #22 the damn rock. I really, REALLY, hope that once Larsen gets healthy enough to play FB, Hillis gets some touches (and not only in short yardage, but really, at least in short yardage situations). I can understand keeping our only FB healthy but if this team is really all about the team, then Hillis needs to get carries in 3rd/4th and short situations. I think with Larsen blocking for him (Reid, WTF!?!?!) Hillis can hammer it home. That being said, can we please get a QB sneak for better yet:

#3 a PA pass (the FB will be wide friggin open...Hillis, again, anybody!!) on 3rd/4th and short. I love McKid, but this is simple stuff here. Fix it. Please. Hillis might not "fit" into what the offense is doing, but there is no reason Jordan is getting touches over Hillis. I honestly hope McD is "saving" Hillis for later in the year. If we can bring out a fresh Hillis in week 10+, holy cow. I pity the defenses.
    Last edited by Timmy!; 10-17-2009 at 03:36 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by King87 View Post
    All must hail NostraTimmy!
    Quote Originally Posted by chazoe60 View Post
    Nostratimmy was right again. All hail nostratimmy.
    Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    I’m the hobbit.

2. The Following 5 Users High Fived Timmy! For This Post:

timmy, i could not agree with you more! i have said it a couple of times in this forum that hillis is not getting the touches that he should be. i love that bucky and moreno are kicking ass, but in those short yardage situations the broncos have been getting stuffed. last season hillis proved that he can and will get the yards needed damn near every time he touches the ball. the guy is a monster, and we all know it. i just dont see why, apart from keeping him healthy, that mcd will not put the guy in on those situations. hell, put him in on other situations, like first and ten. the guy was tearing it up last year until that freakish catch that he tore the hell out of his muscle.

i am on the "give #22 the rock" train!!!!!

4. The Following User High Fived smith49 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mike Leach

Hillis is in the doghouse for poor ball control.
    Quote Originally Posted by Benetto View Post
    Orton can't single left handedly ruin everything on O.
    We didn't lose the game; we just ran out of time. - Vince Lombardi

"I make mistakes, I am out of control and at times hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best."
    — Marilyn Monroe

Quote Originally Posted by pnbronco View Post
    dang it go drink some Fireball and find your own dang chicken....

Adopted Bronco:
    Kendall Hinton!

Running back LaMont Jordan did not practice Thursday, the second consecutive day the veteran was held out of practice by the Broncos.

That left rookie Knowshon Moreno and Peyton Hillis as the only two backs who are not coming off an injury working with the team’s offense. Correll Buckhalter, who was held out of Sunday’s win over the Patriots with a left ankle injury, did practice again.

Buckhalter did have some extra tape wrapping his left ankle, but was participating in drills.

The Chargers are 27th in the league in run defense and have surrendered at least 130 yards rushing to all four of their opponents this season. Opposing offenses are averaging 4.6 yards per carry and have scored six rushing touchdowns against San Diego thus far.
    http://blogs.denverpost.com/broncos/...-at-rb-monday/

Adopted Bronco:
    VON

I love Hillis but he doesn't look the same this year. Dropping the ball, not hitting the hole the same. It is almost like he spent too much time reading this board amd MHR this off season and believed his own hype.

Thanks MasterShake!!!

8. The Following 4 Users High Fived MileHighCrew For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by MileHighCrew View Post
    I love Hillis but he doesn't look the same this year. Dropping the ball, not hitting the hole the same. It is almost like he spent too much time reading this board amd MHR this off season and believed his own hype.
    im not really sure what you mean. i watch every second of every game, a couple of times with my tivo and i dont recall seeing hillis even get the ball enough to say he doesnt look the same. he has had very few touches since the regular season began. i know he had a fumble, but if we are going to talk about fumbles we have to throw moreno under the bus as well and he seems to get plenty of touches.

10. The Following 3 Users High Fived smith49 For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by frauschieze View Post
    Hillis is in the doghouse for poor ball control.
    well, why is moreno still toten the rock so much? he has lost two fumbles in as many games and probly should have lost another one against the patsies that the refs blew dead. maybe he is not in the dog house because he is a rookie, but c'mon, lets give hillis a break here dont you think.?

im not saying moreno should not be getting the most touches, because i like moreno as our starting back, as well as bucky. its in those short yardage situations that the bronocs have been owned where they need to get hillis the ball and let him do what he does.

Quote Originally Posted by smith49 View Post
    im not really sure what you mean. i watch every second of every game, a couple of times with my tivo and i dont recall seeing hillis even get the ball enough to say he doesnt look the same. he has had very few touches since the regular season began. i know he had a fumble, but if we are going to talk about fumbles we have to throw moreno under the bus as well and he seems to get plenty of touches.
    Hillis has had 2 fumbles (I believe) and that's with very limited touches. He also had a brain dead inexcusable penalty on a goal to go situation that effectively stopped the team from getting a TD. He has also had multiple penalties in the special teams.

I liked Hillis last year but at this point Bucky and Moreno have shown to be far more deserving of carries and touches on offense. Hillis is in the dog house and he deserves to be. Even Jordan has more touches than Hillis so far and far fewer mistakes. I am not a Jordan fan but can see why he is the one being relied on to carry the ball when in the put the game away mode over Hillis. I would rather it just be Moreno and Bucky over either Jordan or Hillis though.

Quote Originally Posted by smith49 View Post
    well, why is moreno still toten the rock so much? he has lost two fumbles in as many games and probly should have lost another one against the patsies that the refs blew dead. maybe he is not in the dog house because he is a rookie, but c'mon, lets give hillis a break here dont you think.?

im not saying moreno should not be getting the most touches, because i like moreno as our starting back, as well as bucky. its in those short yardage situations that the bronocs have been owned where they need to get hillis the ball and let him do what he does.
    Moreno has carried the ball and touched the ball 10X more than Hillis and has made about the same # of mistakes despite having the ball far more often. No I don't think he deserves a break at this point. He is not a rookie and is not playing well. Give the ball to the players showing that they deserve it not the guy committing penalties and fumbling more often per touch than anybody else on the team.

Adopted Bronco:
    Charley Johnson

Quote Originally Posted by gregbroncs View Post
    Hillis has had 2 fumbles (I believe) and that's with very limited touches. He also had a brain dead inexcusable penalty on a goal to go situation that effectively stopped the team from getting a TD. He has also had multiple penalties in the special teams.

I liked Hillis last year but at this point Bucky and Moreno have shown to be far more deserving of carries and touches on offense. Hillis is in the dog house and he deserves to be. Even Jordan has more touches than Hillis so far and far fewer mistakes. I am not a Jordan fan but can see why he is the one being relied on to carry the ball when in the put the game away mode over Hillis. I would rather it just be Moreno and Bucky over either Jordan or Hillis though.
    Hillis has only one fumble on a KO return - and those will happen to anyone from time to time. He is being treated pretty shabbily while Lamont Jordan occupies a roster spot for no good purpose. Its one of my few remaining criticsms of McDaniels. I wonder a bit if Hillis is being punished for being a Shanny find rather than one of his own
    “What fresh hell is this?”

"A man who picks a cat up by the tail learns something which he can learn in no other way." - Mark Twain

15. The Following User High Fived Dreadnought For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Andrew Luck

Who cares. The team is winning. I am a big Hillis supporter, but I'm getting tired of hearing people complain about him not getting carries.

The team is winning and I doubt Hillis cares. He is playing the role McD gives him. Josh seems to have a pretty good grasp on the team.

17. The Following 4 Users High Fived LRtagger For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

Quote Originally Posted by LRtagger View Post
    Who cares. The team is winning. I am a big Hillis supporter, but I'm getting tired of hearing people complain about him not getting carries.

The team is winning and I doubt Hillis cares. He is playing the role McD gives him. Josh seems to have a pretty good grasp on the team.
    I would bet he would rather being playing than standing on the sidelines.

I'm not sure he's gonna get too many carries ... or catches.

Too many alternatives now, playing too well.

20. The Following User High Fived BroncoBuff For This Post:

I think he should get the call on 3rd and short or 4th and short downs.

Just a chooches take in Boston

One of his fumbles was on a kR give me a break, he is a great player but a 250 as a KR there have to be better options IMHO

I'm thinking that each week Josh has added one more layer to the offense. Sooner or later Hillis will be added to the mix.

I also am not sure why Jordan is getting carries unless it is he understands the O better or if Hillis indeed in the dohouse.

I know that many think Moreno is the next LT, but deep in the red zone when the goal line defense is in that extra 40 pounds makes a differnce.

Also earlier in the year Hillis was being hyped and there were second thoughts about him being so good that the moreno pick might have been wasted. Something has changed not sure what it is.

Sent via Blackberry by altell.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information