Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Give #22 the ROCK!!!

Adopted Bronco:
    Paul George

Hillis caused us to waste a time-out in the first half against the Patriots. He came in the game and immediately lined up on the wrong side of the formation.

Dumb mental mistakes like that I think are what's keeping Hillis out, moreso than any ball-control mistakes. He is making bone-headed mental mistakes when he gets in, and that is not something that McD will tolerate.
    Last edited by NightTrainLayne; 10-17-2009 at 12:20 PM.

2. The Following 7 Users High Fived NightTrainLayne For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    All of 'em

He hasn't given blood lately has he?

Merry.

4. The Following 3 Users High Fived Day1BroncoFan For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Knowshon Moreno

Quote Originally Posted by NightTrainLayne View Post
    Hillis caused us to waste a time-out in the first half against the Patriots. He came in the game and immediately lined up on the wrong side of the formation.

Dumb mental mistakes like that I think are what's keeping Hillis out, moreso than any ball-control mistakes. He is making bone-headed mental mistakes when he gets in, and that is not something that McD will tolerate.
    Perzackly! I'm not sure what Hillis has done this year to make the coaches think that he should get more touches or be out on the field more. He has a fumble, 2 ST penalties, a false start, got stuffed in short yardage situations multiple times, and forced us to burn a timeout because he lined up wrong. That doesn't exactly scream "I need the ball coach!".

I love the guy, but all he has done is **** up this year.

6. The Following 2 Users High Fived honz For This Post:

Three yards and a cloud of dust. I love power football. Maybe the Broncos should try the wishbone. lol

Adopted Bronco:
    Baron Browning, Jaleel McLaughlin

Quote Originally Posted by frauschieze View Post
    Hillis is in the doghouse for poor ball control.

meh. . . . he's barely gotten any sort of opportunity-- they need to give him a legitimate shot to work his way through it. . . he can't atone for his mistakes from the bench. . . the only thing i can think is that maybe he's not practicing particularly well, but i still think his time will come. . . tagger's right that we're winning right now and it doesn't matter how we get it done, but the combination of size and skillset that hillis brings to the table can provide a different dimension to this offense, which has been good so far but not consistently great. . . we won't really start hitting on all cylinders the way we're capable of until we find a way to get all of our guys going, integrate all the different weapons into a cohesive attack. . . .
    “When we do find that guy, we’ve got to have the continuity on the offensive side to where we can train him and develop him and get him there. This is our fourth offense in probably three or four years. Quarterbacks need to be developed. You don’t find one ready-made. We got to have a solid system in place for when we do go after whatever guy it may be, a young guy or a trade or whatnot.”
    - John Elway

9. The Following 4 Users High Fived dogfish For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Knowshon Moreno

Quote Originally Posted by dogfish View Post
    meh. . . . he's barely gotten any sort of opportunity-- they need to give him a legitimate shot to work his way through it. . . he can't atone for his mistakes from the bench. . . the only thing i can think is that maybe he's not practicing particularly well, but i still think his time will come. . . tagger's right that we're winning right now and it doesn't matter how we get it done, but the combination of size and skillset that hillis brings to the table can provide a different dimension to this offense, which has been good so far but not consistently great. . . we won't really start hitting on all cylinders the way we're capable of until we find a way to get all of our guys going, integrate all the different weapons into a cohesive attack. . . .
    How many weapons can you get going in one game? We already have tons of guys who have been effective weapons for us. We have Moreno, Bucky, Marshall, Royal, Gaffney, Stokley, Scheff, Daniel "Hands" Graham. All of those guys have had big games and have not made the costly mistakes that Hillis has. I agree that Hillis will get his chance to be a big part of our gameplan at some point, but he is going to have to earn his stripes back.

11. The Following 2 Users High Fived honz For This Post:

"Mirror, mirror on the wall, which running back of the Broncos balls the hardest?" -- "Knowshon Moreno running like he's on probation, it's time for him to catch some new charges."

Hillis is a doggy. Loser.

13. The Following User High Fived Requiem / The Dagda For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    VON

Quote Originally Posted by smith49 View Post
    im not really sure what you mean. i watch every second of every game, a couple of times with my tivo and i dont recall seeing hillis even get the ball enough to say he doesnt look the same. he has had very few touches since the regular season began. i know he had a fumble, but if we are going to talk about fumbles we have to throw moreno under the bus as well and he seems to get plenty of touches.
    I have a PVR too and I haven't missed a snap this year (or in a lot of years thank you Sunday Ticket) and it is true he hasn't had the ball a lot but Hillis is not making the most out of the chances he has got. Itis not just about the fumbles, Hillis isn't running the same. I am a big fan of Hillis last year, I was looking forward to him smashing D-line all over the place, but he just doesn't seem like the same player when he is in the game.

Thanks MasterShake!!!

Adopted Bronco:
    Rick Upchurch

Quentin Griffin?
    How's your burger, bro? - Ancient proverb

Quote Originally Posted by frauschieze View Post
    Hillis is in the doghouse for poor ball control.
    he fumbled once...and that was like week one. i think moreno has fumbled it twice and we lost one. so he's not in the doghouse.
    "Oh I’m sorry, did I break your concentration?”
    Jules Winnfield - Pulp Fiction

maybe a lack of playing time is why he's made those mistakes.

anyhow, i'm interested in seeing larsen at fullback and it would be interesting to see hillis play a dallas clark role here and there.
    "Oh I’m sorry, did I break your concentration?”
    Jules Winnfield - Pulp Fiction

Adopted Bronco:
    Randy Gradishar Steve Atwater

Every one of our RB's have fumbled the ball, every rb has made mistakes. The limited times Hillis has touched the ball the line got pushed back and every person in the stadium could tell where the ball was going. Nothing zone about it, all power and the guards got pushed back and #71 blocks were pathetic. Hillis was used differently last year, not sure why he hasn't been used more BUT we are 5-0. I'm happy with Moreno but he is far from the stud I was hoping for, I'd say Bell was equally as good at this stage of his career and he was a undrafted RB. I'm very happy with Buck, he has been fantastic with his touches. I like Hillis a lot and would like to see him get more involved with the offense but I'll take the wins over his carries any day.

Quote Originally Posted by MileHighCrew View Post
    I have a PVR too and I haven't missed a snap this year (or in a lot of years thank you Sunday Ticket) and it is true he hasn't had the ball a lot but Hillis is not making the most out of the chances he has got. Itis not just about the fumbles, Hillis isn't running the same. I am a big fan of Hillis last year, I was looking forward to him smashing D-line all over the place, but he just doesn't seem like the same player when he is in the game.
    I think he has 4 carries this year, and most, if not all, have come in that tight, jumbo formation that the Boncos have not been having success out of from any RB.

20. The Following User High Fived Tned For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Sammy Winder

I wouldn't worry about Hillis too much. In case you guys haven't noticed, McLovin tends to bring out a brand new game plan every week which highlights yet another of our endless supply of fantastic talent. If I remember correctly we were having this same conversation about Eddie Royal before last week. Look what happened.
    We have a TON of talent on this team and they are not, except maybe when we host Oakland, ALL going to get to shine at once. It's all part of the "Team" dynamic that is being built here.
    Every dog has his day and under the McLovin regime, if the weakness of the opponent dictates it, Hillis will have his day.
    "Chickens are dope..." - Von Miller

22. The Following User High Fived EastCoastBronco For This Post:

McD doesn't accept many mental mistakes. Hillis has not only fumbled, but had 2 penalties on special teams in one game. I'm a big Hillis fan, but until he gets his head in the game, he won't, and shouldn't get much playing time. The Broncos are 5-0 going with the backs that they have gone with. Sounds like pretty good coaching decisions to me.

24. The Following 2 Users High Fived Ziggy For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information