Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: A short post I hope everyone will take a moment to read

Default A short post I hope everyone will take a moment to read

Edit: This is actually an old thread, which I started on Christmas Eve. In light of some recent 'tension' among some former broncomania members and former broncosfreak members, I thought it might be time to bump this and remember that we had a few bumpy moments in the beginning, but we have become a community. Let's not let differences on a few small issues drive a wedge down the center of our community, because we are STUCK believing only the ways of our 'former' message board is the 'correct' way to do things.

Soon, it will be Christmas Eve again, and hopefully the Broncos will be on the Eve of their first playoff appearance in several years. We have come a long way, let's not stop now. Go Broncos and Go Broncosforums, our community...

----------------------------

Ok, I posted this in the pic thread, for obvious reasons to those that were following that thread. However, I think it is important enough to post on its own, so everyone will see it.

I typically don't spam the forum, by copying posts from one thread to another, but I'm making an exception.

To our existing members: We are only four months old. When we came from mania, we all quickly rushed to make 'our' threads that made it feel like 'our' home. I don't have to name the threads, you know what they were. That is what WE wanted to make us feel like it was 'our' forum, 'our' home.

Now, after a mere four months, we don't seem to want others to have the same option to feel at home, as we did. I know it is a small number of us that have gotten upset, but I urge you to be more welcoming than that. If it was good enough for us 4 months ago, why not extend our newest members the same courtesy.

For those of you that would say, well, it might be four months here, but we were on mania for 2 years or 4 years. Well, many of these guys have been on broncosfreaks for 3 or 6 years. They feel just as 'senior' as us. They put in 'their' time on a Broncos message board, and for most of them, far longer than we did on mania.

This is a community for BRONCOS fans (or anyone that just wants to have a good time), no matter where they come from. If we cannot open our arms and our community to welcome in displaced fellow Broncos fans in the Christmas season, than what does that say about us? Let's not get caught up in "my thread was here first" and throw our toys out of the pram if a dupe was made. Let's just focus on having fun with fellow football fans.

To our new members: We had a few bumpy spots yesterday, I promise you we will have a few more tomorrow. You guys are a bit more fun loving than a lot of us, but I have also had quite a few PMs about how great that is and how many of our existing members love the new life and the spark you guys bring. Obviously, some of us like it 'our' way, as you guys liked it 'your' way, and we all know change can be hard.

Things are different here. Some things will remain different, some things will change, just by the nature of how communities work, the mixture of people, the blending of ideas. Some things we will consciously decide to change, some things will happen naturally over time. However, because of the nature of how we make decisions, changes won't always happen quickly. The advisory board has to determine what the community at large wants, and then make decisions that represent the community's wishes. Obviously, you guys are now part of the community, and therefore we on the advisory board welcome your input and will strive to represent your desires, just like the rest of the community.

To new and existing members:

Let's please all show some tolerance for each other and our differences. If we all work at it just a 'little', before long we won't even remember we had differences, because we will have blended into a single community. However, for that to work, we need to first respect our 'differences' and not get caught up in a "it wasn't made here" mentality. Let's let the petty stuff go. If there are two threads that 'might' be dupes, who cares? When it comes to our P&R threads, even if we take them too serious, let us. Don't pick fun in our 'serious' forums/conversations.

If we all respect each other's 'traditions' now (which really is what they are), before long we will be telling stories about, "remember when the Freaks and BroncosForums guys merged? Remember how we were arguing over whether picture threads were dupes and stuff like that???" Before long, this will just be a 'funny' chapter in our love for the Broncos and quest to have fun.

Ok, that's enough, I'm hopping off the soapbox now.
    Last edited by Tned; 10-30-2008 at 10:49 PM.

2. The Following User High Fived Tned For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Good post.
    BOOM GOES THE DYNAMITE

Adopted Bronco:
    Greg Dulcich

Yesterday seemed a little rough but I think today was a lot better. I have been chatting a bit with the senior members here and I see everyone else interacting too. It's not perfect, but we're gelling better than the Bates defense is.

Quote Originally Posted by Bronco4ever View Post
    Yesterday seemed a little rough but I think today was a lot better. I have been chatting a bit with the senior members here and I see everyone else interacting too. It's not perfect, but we're gelling better than the Bates defense is.
    Well, hopefully, unlike the Bates defense, we won't have to scrap everything during the bye week and start over!!

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

We're still learning the ropes over here Tred, thanks for all your help though. We all appreciate it. We have a little sick sense of humor sometimes but we're a pretty tight group from the Freak. We have a tendency to have more fun than some people are used to. But, I think everyone is settling in and liking the place.
    BOOM GOES THE DYNAMITE

Adopted Bronco:
    Greg Dulcich

Quote Originally Posted by tnedator View Post
    Well, hopefully, unlike the Bates defense, we won't have to scrap everything during the bye week and start over!!
    Well hopefully, unlike the Forums, we will can the man in charge because he isn't doing crap. (Bates, not Shanny)

Adopted Bronco:
    Tommy Nalen

:applaud: Bravo Ned. I love you.

Good post Tned
    And yea I use to post on the freak but not too much.
    So A lot of the members who joined I've seen thier names before.
    I dont got a problem with the new members.
    It does feel like this play got hijacked recently
    But its nice to have 2 different worlds coming over here.

This forum is pretty active and will only get more active pretty soon.

I bet this will be the biggest Bronco site around shortly.
    @Tnedator

RIP DARRENT WILLIAMS
    RIP DAMIEN NASH
    RIP BFC
    RIP Sneakers the Cat

Adopted Bronco:
    Doom!

Great post....

Adopted Bronco:
    Tommy Nalen

Quote Originally Posted by JayCutler4MVP!!! View Post
    Good post Tned
    And yea I use to post on the freak but not too much.
    So A lot of the members who joined I've seen thier names before.
    I dont got a problem with the new members.
    It does feel like this play got hijacked recently
    But its nice to have 2 different worlds coming over here.

This forum is pretty active and will only get more active pretty soon.

I bet this will be the biggest Bronco site around shortly.
    Hopefully not the biggest, but definitely the best.

Quote Originally Posted by Zweems56 View Post
    Yea I hope its the best and I'm going to try to move my luggage from Broncos Country over to this site during the offseason.

But I'll still post there and here.
    I'm hoping to post here more though.

But this place doesn't look like it will be a small comunity.
    Its looking like its growing fast.

Should be fun.

Thats why Tnedator is the best.
    @Tnedator

RIP DARRENT WILLIAMS
    RIP DAMIEN NASH
    RIP BFC
    RIP Sneakers the Cat

How did this become the Freak's new sanctuary? Just a little curious.

Welcome to everyone. I look forward to thwarting you in future football arguments.

Have a great holiday season, and enjoy BF!

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by Dream View Post

Welcome to everyone. I look forward to thwarting you in future football arguments.

Have a great holiday season, and enjoy BF!
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

Adopted Bronco:
    broncos_mtnman

Quote Originally Posted by Zweems56 View Post
    Exactly. I am not sure how many members Freak had, but to all of you that have joined us over here thank you for doing so.

We know that there are other boards that you could have chosen and chose this one for a reason. Its a close group of members over here and we like it that way. We don't need 50,000 + members to have a successful board and have fun.

That said, thanks again for joining us over here and keep the quality posters coming...let the quantity go elsewhere.

Adopted Bronco:
    Doom!

Quote Originally Posted by Dream View Post
    It became the sanctuary for the Freak when you started posting here.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information