Page 98 of 106 FirstFirst ... 48 88 96 97 98 99 100 ... LastLast
Results 1,456 to 1,470 of 1584

Thread: Chiefs Suck

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Quote Originally Posted by MasterShake View Post
    Until they can sustain what Mahomes is doing and keep that offense around him, I will believe it when I see it. We keep hearing this every few years.

"MicHael VicK iS thE FuTure!"

"CaM NEwTon is the FUtUre!"

"SEaN McVaY's OfFense iS the FuTure!"

"ThE ChIEfs ArE thE NExt DynaSty!"

No way they can make a living of coming back in playoff games like they did this year, its almost as ridiculous as thinking we could keep an elite defense around to win another Super Bowl after SB50 and losing a hall of fame QB... oh god! *sobs*
    I think it's a bit of denial to act like Mahomes is just the next flash in the pan who will soon disappear. He's legit and I think he'll be good for a while. Lamar is a more apt Vick/Cam comp because he relies on running. Mahomes can throw and those guys last.

Having said that, will be interesting to see how good of a team they can put around him when he's making 40 mil a year. At that point I think they'll become more of a GB/Seattle team that's still good every year because of their QB, but not quite deep enough to consistently make deep playoff runs.
    Last edited by BroncoWave; 02-05-2020 at 12:14 PM.

2. The Following 2 Users High Fived BroncoWave For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoWave View Post
    I think it's a bit of denial to act like Mahomes is just the next flash in the pan who will soon disappear. He's legit and I think he'll be good for a while. Lamar is a more apt Vick/Cam comp because he relies on running. Mahomes can throw and those guys last.

Having said that, will be interesting to see how good of a team they can put around him when he's making 40 mil a year. At that point I think they'll become more of a GB/Seattle team that's still good every year because of their QB, but not quite deep enough to consistently make deep playoff runs.
    If you read what Shake wrote he stated if "the can sustain" which means a one shot SB does not mean he's the greatest ever. Like you i think Mahomes is very good but Shake's point is valid in the sense that Patrick has a lot of work to do yet to be considered one of the greatest ever. I mean shit, he could blown out a knee tomorrow and that would be all she wrote.

Adopted Bronco:
    Drew Lock

Until they can sustain what Mahomes is doing and keep that offense around him, I will believe it when I see it. We keep hearing this every few years.

No way they can make a living of coming back in playoff games like they did this year, its almost as ridiculous as thinking we could keep an elite defense around to win another Super Bowl after SB50 and losing a hall of fame QB... oh god! *sobs*

Right. But there are so many other moving parts. There may be years they're still competitive but to think theyre gonna win 12+ games every year automatically isn't guaranteed either. Free Agency, injuries, strength of opponents, etc.

A few teams are in the ascent too, the AFC will have some teams step up. Ten doesnt look far off either.
    "I may not be a mathematician, but I can count to a million." - Shannon Sharpe

5. The Following User High Fived Shazam! For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Quote Originally Posted by Northman View Post
    If you read what Shake wrote he stated if "the can sustain" which means a one shot SB does not mean he's the greatest ever. Like you i think Mahomes is very good but Shake's point is valid in the sense that Patrick has a lot of work to do yet to be considered one of the greatest ever. I mean shit, he could blown out a knee tomorrow and that would be all she wrote.
    I mean any player could blow out a knee. Nothing is guaranteed. But if I had to place bets on what will happen, I'd feel pretty safe that Mahomes is the next decade plus star QB in the NFL. Injuries are the only thing I could see derailing him, but again that's more unpredictable and could happen to anyone.

Adopted Bronco:
    Mike McGlinchey

Quote Originally Posted by slim View Post
    Throw them a bone every 50 years. Meh, most of us will be dead before they win another one.
    Hey more optimism and less pessimism, either we'll all still be alive in 50 years or better yet they will never win another one. Still despise them, and will be contradicting right now just because I haven't posted in these threads for so long and even though they are the current SB Champs, Chiefs suck!
    Colorado Championship Tracker

Colorado Avalanche 3 Stanley Cups
    Colorado Rockies 0 World Series Champions
    Denver Broncos 3 Super Bowl victories
    Denver Nuggets 1 NBA Championship

8. The Following 2 Users High Fived Colorado4Life For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Brandon McMustache

Mahomes is legit as shit and I love him. But he can not throw and catch the ball himself. Who knows what else is making him tick? Could be the OC, QB coach, etc. and those guys could be off to other jobs. Even Manning was hamstrung by personnel in Indy and could never get over the hump until Uncle Elway sold our souls for good free agents, defense, and weapons all around him.

I think your GB/SEA is an apt comparison. The QB will always elevate the team to be better than they are but after a while mid to late round draft picks, losing key players to injury/trade/salary disputes, and age will take its toll. KC definitely has the best window right now, but they are a beatable team and short of Kyle Shannahan forgetting how to run out clock AGAIN they probably would've come up short. Props to Mahomes for finding his Maballs in the 4th quarter, but that wouldn't cut it against a competent team too often.

10. The Following 3 Users High Fived MasterShake For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Mahomes is legit as shit and I love him. But he can not throw and catch the ball himself. Who knows what else is making him tick? Could be the OC, QB coach, etc. and those guys could be off to other jobs. Even Manning was hamstrung by personnel in Indy and could never get over the hump until Uncle Elway sold our souls for good free agents, defense, and weapons all around him.

I think your GB/SEA is an apt comparison. The QB will always elevate the team to be better than they are but after a while mid to late round draft picks, losing key players to injury/trade/salary disputes, and age will take its toll. KC definitely has the best window right now, but they are a beatable team and short of Kyle Shannahan forgetting how to run out clock AGAIN they probably would've come up short. Props to Mahomes for finding his Maballs in the 4th quarter, but that wouldn't cut it against a competent team too often.
    We'll be in the same position with Lock in a few years too if we're lucky. We'll have to strike during that window too if he's the goods, because we'll be right there with KC with an expensive-ass QB too.

12. The Following 2 Users High Fived BroncoWave For This Post:

Unfortunately for us, Mahomes is one of the two most dangerous quarterbacks in the game right now, and he’s only 24. That dude is gonna become the highest paid player in the league in the next year or two.

14. The Following User High Fived Al Wilson 4 Mayor For This Post:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Q.jpg 
Views:	115 
Size:	7.9 KB 
ID:	15977

16. The Following 3 Users High Fived tubby For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

The Chiefs parade was embarrassing. I'd say "act like you've been here before" but anyone alive when they were here before is dead or demented. The Chiefs still suck

Let's Rid3!!!!

18. The Following 2 Users High Fived chazoe60 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

I still crack up when the guy filming the guy in tree starts laughing after he falls. That is some funny shit.

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

Quote Originally Posted by Northman View Post
    I still crack up when the guy filming the guy in tree starts laughing after he falls. That is some funny shit.
    That parade was about what I expected. ******* inbred morons.
    Let's Rid3!!!!

21. The Following 2 Users High Fived chazoe60 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Name:	FB_IMG_1581450342629.jpg 
Views:	61 
Size:	41.9 KB 
ID:	16020

23. The Following 4 Users High Fived Northman For This Post:

The problem is that these aren't really apples to apples. Vick wasn't the future. But Newton had a lot of great years and was a MVP. With a few playoff runs, so he...was the future?

Sean McVay's offense was an updated version of Shanahan's, and it's still widely used....so it is the current...present...

The Chiefs aren't going to be a dynasty. But they're going to be very good for a long time.

Edit - None of what you mentioned has anything to do with Mahomes' talent and ability, either...so I don't know what it is you think you were refuting, or why you produced such a strange post.

I give you an F-.

And Joe betrayed me by hi-fiving that.

Dammit, Joe.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

Name:	Chiefs.jpg 
Views:	59 
Size:	52.2 KB 
ID:	16309

26. The Following 5 Users High Fived AgentOrange For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information