Quote Originally Posted by Devilspawn View Post
If the Dolphins can get a 44 yard field goal with 0 timeouts and 19 seconds on the clock, then what's to say they won't get a TD with a little less than two minutes? As I posted before, teams are 0-120 in the 19 second scenario prior to the Dolphins converting.

The penalty was an extra 15 yards. So that's a 59 yard field goal. I can see Fitz getting an extra 10 yards because the Raiders defense is dumb.

Plus, the defense did not stop Fitz from scoring since he took over. I get what you're saying. Let the Dolphins score the harder way. But if Jacobs scores on that play, that gives the Dolphins the ball with 1:45 to score a TD. Against a VERY poor defense. If the Raiders score on the next play, that gives the Dolphins about minute to go 75 yards. Against this defense, that's still not impossible. I'm basing all of this on how bad, and dumb, our defense is.
What if he got it on third down and they only had an additional 40 secs to work with to get a TD?

He made the wrong call and then got bit by an undisciplined player getting an ill-timed penalty.