Page 77 of 85 FirstFirst ... 27 67 75 76 77 78 79 ... LastLast
Results 1,141 to 1,155 of 1266

Thread: Raiders SUCK

Adopted Bronco:
    Paul George

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    lol raiders...

Antonio Brown got frostbitten feet in a cryotherapy machine - https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...erapy-machine/
    I almost forgot! Hard Knocks starts tonight. Should be some wonderful schadenfreude!

2. The Following 2 Users High Fived NightTrainLayne For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Jon Gruden, Antonio Brown, Richie Incognito, Vontaze Burfict.

I mean, what could go wrong?
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

4. The Following 3 Users High Fived MOtorboat For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    DT

What are my thoughts?

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Just another day in Con-Nation.

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip "TD" Lindsay

I was going to include this in my commentary on the Rams @ Raiders game in the “2019 Other Pre-Seasons Games” thread. However, my views of the Raiders’ hometown broadcast team are such that it would be more appropriate to put it here. However, before we get to that, let me briefly analyze their pre-game propaganda promo.

First, they talk about how all of this hype around their offseason transactions, that they could become the next powerhouse, with some radio commentator saying that they may have “won the offseason.” Aside from the Antonio Brown signing, I don’t recall anyone outside of the Raider propaganda machine making such lofty statements. If someone who isn’t obediently reciting whatever Emperor Davis orders them to say has said such things, please provide me with the links.

Then they talked about their 60 years of “commitment to excellence.” Actually, they didn’t adopt that slogan until after they moved to LA in 1983. Every Raider that played for them in Oakland during the 1970s will tell you that they had a sign in the hometeam tunnel that read, “If you ain’t cheating, you ain’t trying.” Furthermore, they have utterly failed in their commitment since the turn of the millennium.

Now my assessment of the Raiders’ broadcast team:

Beth Mowins: It was great to listening to a play-by-play announcer who obviously isn’t a lifelong football fan. The 1st time the Raiders punted; Gruden took a deliberate delay of game penalty. She said that he must be wanting to challenge the punter. A real football fan would now that its standard operating procedure to take the penalty when punting need midfield in order to improve the punter’s chances of pinning the opponents deep in their own end. Later, a Raider picked up a loose ball and started running towards the endzone in case it was a fumble while the refs we emphatically blowing their whistles and signaling incomplete pass. She said they were ruling it as an illegal forward pass before finally correcting herself. When the Raiders scored their 2nd TD, the replay officials called for a review. She said they might be checking to see if his knees were down. Of course that’s what they were doing. Any real football fan would immediately know just by watching the replay that is exactly what was going on.

Rich Gannon & Matt Millen: These 2 needed to just shut up when the refs were explaining their calls & non-calls. They may thing that fans would rather listen to them chit-chat about stuff that has nothing to do with the game that’s currently being played then the refs explanations, but it was impossible to understand anything that anyone was saying when they simply ignored the fact the refs were trying to inform the fans about what was going on. Eventually the got Beth Mowins to join them which resulted in her doing no play-by-play announcements for at least half the plays in the 4th quarter.

I’ve never seen nor heard a broadcast team show such incompetence by a play-by-play announcer, and complete apathy towards the game that they’re supposed to be commenting on. If their team performance matches that of their broadcast team, the Raiders are going 0-16 this year.
    I’m an Autistic Self-Advocate. If you have any questions about Autism/Asperger’s, feel free to ask. I’m not offended by any question asked by anyone who has a genuine desire to understand us better.

https://aacphoenix.com/

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

Beth and Matt Millen must have photos.

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip "TD" Lindsay

Quote Originally Posted by Hawgdriver View Post
    Beth and Matt Millen must have photos.
    Feel free to Google them yourself.
    I’m an Autistic Self-Advocate. If you have any questions about Autism/Asperger’s, feel free to ask. I’m not offended by any question asked by anyone who has a genuine desire to understand us better.

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

Quote Originally Posted by FanInAZ View Post
    Feel free to Google them yourself.
    No, I mean they are so bad that they must have incriminating photos they could use as blackmail, that's the only reason they have jobs. Neither adds to the entertainment broadcast much for me. Probably nice people though!

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip "TD" Lindsay

Quote Originally Posted by Hawgdriver View Post
    No, I mean they are so bad that they must have incriminating photos they could use as blackmail, that's the only reason they have jobs. Neither adds to the entertainment broadcast much for me. Probably nice people though!
    Oh, OK, that makes far more sense than the idea that these 2 deserve the job they have. I know they want to have a lady in a prominent broadcast position in order to show gender equality, but are you really telling me that there is such a deficiency in women who are reasonably knowledgeable about football that they have to get someone like Beth. I’d find it far more entertaining if the Raiders would hire GEM so she could embarrass those Raider propagandists by telling them the truth about their team.

I was going to include this in my commentary on the Rams @ Raiders game in the “2019 Other Pre-Seasons Games” thread. However, my views of the Raiders’ hometown broadcast team are such that it would be more appropriate to put it here. However, before we get to that, let me briefly analyze their pre-game propaganda promo.

First, they talk about how all of this hype around their offseason transactions, that they could become the next powerhouse, with some radio commentator saying that they may have “won the offseason.” Aside from the Antonio Brown signing, I don’t recall anyone outside of the Raider propaganda machine making such lofty statements. If someone who isn’t obediently reciting whatever Emperor Davis orders them to say has said such things, please provide me with the links.

Then they talked about their 60 years of “commitment to excellence.” Actually, they didn’t adopt that slogan until after they moved to LA in 1983. Every Raider that played for them in Oakland during the 1970s will tell you that they had a sign in the hometeam tunnel that read, “If you ain’t cheating, you ain’t trying.” Furthermore, they have utterly failed in their commitment since the turn of the millennium.

Now my assessment of the Raiders’ broadcast team:

Beth Mowins: It was great to listening to a play-by-play announcer who obviously isn’t a lifelong football fan. The 1st time the Raiders punted; Gruden took a deliberate delay of game penalty. She said that he must be wanting to challenge the punter. A real football fan would now that its standard operating procedure to take the penalty when punting need midfield in order to improve the punter’s chances of pinning the opponents deep in their own end. Later, a Raider picked up a loose ball and started running towards the endzone in case it was a fumble while the refs we emphatically blowing their whistles and signaling incomplete pass. She said they were ruling it as an illegal forward pass before finally correcting herself. When the Raiders scored their 2nd TD, the replay officials called for a review. She said they might be checking to see if his knees were down. Of course that’s what they were doing. Any real football fan would immediately know just by watching the replay that is exactly what was going on.

Rich Gannon & Matt Millen: These 2 needed to just shut up when the refs were explaining their calls & non-calls. They may thing that fans would rather listen to them chit-chat about stuff that has nothing to do with the game that’s currently being played then the refs explanations, but it was impossible to understand anything that anyone was saying when they simply ignored the fact the refs were trying to inform the fans about what was going on. Eventually the got Beth Mowins to join them which resulted in her doing no play-by-play announcements for at least half the plays in the 4th quarter.

I’ve never seen nor heard a broadcast team show such incompetence by a play-by-play announcer, and complete apathy towards the game that they’re supposed to be commenting on. If their team performance matches that of their broadcast team, the Raiders are going 0-16 this year.
    Matt Millen received a heart transplant on Christmas Eve. Everything you all said about him is about as useless as your team was that same night.

I've never listened to a Broncos broadcast team, but I have to Jets, Giants, Mets and Yankees. I'm sure every broadcasting team calls in the home team's favor. But thanks for your opinion.

See you all opening night. Raiders 31-20.

Then they talked about their 60 years of “commitment to excellence.” Actually, they didn’t adopt that slogan until after they moved to LA in 1983. Every Raider that played for them in Oakland during the 1970s will tell you that they had a sign in the hometeam tunnel that read, “If you ain’t cheating, you ain’t trying.”
    And where did you get this? Al Davis used that slogan before they moved to L.A.

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip "TD" Lindsay

Quote Originally Posted by Devilspawn View Post
    And where did you get this? Al Davis used that slogan before they moved to L.A.
    Sorry I can’t provide visual evidence of what was common knowledge at the time. All I can do is provide you with a link to a book on Amazon.com which Raider players openly acknowledge they were encouraged to cheat.

https://www.amazon.com/Cheating-Enco.../dp/1683580621

Sorry I can’t provide visual evidence of what was common knowledge at the time. All I can do is provide you with a link to a book on Amazon.com which Raider players openly acknowledge they were encouraged to cheat.

https://www.amazon.com/Cheating-Enco.../dp/1683580621
    Oh I know THAT. I'm just saying that the Commitment to Excellence slogan was used at least in 1980, probably before that.

"If you ain't cheating you ain't trying" and "Raider Rule #1: Cheating is encouraged." might be circa 1973.

Adopted Bronco:
    Sammy Winder

Name:  download (7).jpg
Views: 236
Size:  5.5 KB

Drops microphone...

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information