Thread: broncos in top 10 in draft position.

Adopted Bronco:
    CHAMP BAILEY

Default broncos in top 10 in draft position.

the bears and cardinals moved ahead of us and the bengals are tied with us.

if we lose to the chargers and vikings and the bengals somehow can defeat the 1-14 dolphins then were looking at number 9.

what can we get with number 9?

Quote Originally Posted by AFGAHNI_BATTLE_DONKEY View Post
    the bears and cardinals moved ahead of us and the bengals are tied with us.

if we lose to the chargers and vikings and the bengals somehow can defeat the 1-14 dolphins then were looking at number 9.

what can we get with number 9?
    someone that holds out till the end of camp wanting a huge contract.
    "Oh I’m sorry, did I break your concentration?”
    Jules Winnfield - Pulp Fiction

Adopted Bronco:
    Josh McDaniels Sucks

A punter.................

maybe we'll go after a long snapper and an ice cream sandwhich?
    "Oh I’m sorry, did I break your concentration?”
    Jules Winnfield - Pulp Fiction

Adopted Bronco:
    CHAMP BAILEY

Quote Originally Posted by DenBronx View Post
    that would probably be the best option. id rather have the ice cream sandwhich.

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Well i hope we split these last 2 games and beat sandy eggo ...

I'm Bronco enough not to want to lose to a Division opponent ... even at the expense of a Draft pick. Losing to Minn would'nt bother me one bit ...

I'd have to say at #9 our chances of getting an impact player is in our favor ... that's the positive. The negative is, as DB mentioned, the money issue. We'll be locking alot of money up on 1 player, a Rookie at that, and our needs are far greater than 1 position.

If we happen to pick at #9 or even close i would'nt be upset for trading back a few spots and picking up a Draft choice or two in the process and still get our chance to pick a quality player at DT or LB. I'm usely just the opposite and want to sit still or move up ... but we need the Draft choices IMO.

If we do sit still, and i'm by no means a Draft guru, i'm sure Mikey will be shaking at the knees to be able to get his hand on a weapon for the Offense. Especially one for Cutler ...

You also have to look into getting some protection and quality up front to protect Cutler. Age and experiance is a factor at the OT position with Lepsis and wherever Harris fills in ... he has'nt played much there. Picking at #9 would be a great opportunity to get a 'franchise' type OT to protect Cutler for years to come.

With Henry's status clear now and the emergance of Young and Hall is it safe to say R.B. won't be a target?? I for one would'nt think so but who knows ...

The needs on Defense are obvious ... getting the best available DT or LB with that pick would suit me just fine.

Sedrick Ellis, Keith Rivers, etc..

There's only 1 Safety i want and that's Phillips ... if he's off the board when we pick, i hope Mikey & Co. look to another position.

Adopted Bronco:
    Ron Dayne

Quote Originally Posted by DenBronx View Post
    Make sure it is a mint chocolate chip ice cream sandwich at least.

It would be interesting getting a pick around 8-10. The Pats will end with a top 5 pick and I could see them wanting to trade down. We would be a team that would trade up and I could see us making that trade. It would get us one of these top DT's that is out there. If Lynch retires, I'm split between wanting a safety, a DT, or a LB in the first. I'm haven't payed any attention to the upcomming class so I have no clue what positions have top value this year. I do know there are a few DT's that are supposed to be real good though.

It may actually be in Denver's best interest to finish at around #11 or so, rather than the the top ten, for trade purposes. A lot of top ten teams don't move out, but at either case - we should be primed to get a great prospect. . . or trade down and reap the benefits.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information