Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9

Thread: Reds 08 Thread

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

Quote Originally Posted by slim View Post
    I am currently open to new teams. Someone sell me on the Reds.
    Oldest franchise in American history. Used to be the team that opened the season every year, but of course MLB went and ****** that up.

Joey Votto.
    Let's Rid3!!!!

2. The Following User High Fived chazoe60 For This Post:

Stick with your team, bro.

Adopted Bronco:

Quitter

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

They have the best pitching staff in the NL Central.

*The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

Adopted Bronco:

Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    They have the best pitching staff in the NL Central.

Sarcasm?

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by CoachChaz View Post
    Sarcasm?
    No.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

I wish I could sell you on the Reds. Starting this season as any other. Very good pitching with no run support. Hamilton is killing us in the leadoff spot. He can't hit. Votto and Phillips with usual slow starts. Bruce and Frazier are the only bright spots so far. Need Chapman and Latos back soon. Just a typical slow start and they can't afford it. Another long baseball season and summer for me.
    BOOM GOES THE DYNAMITE

Adopted Bronco:

Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    No.
    I have a really hard time putting their rotation ahead of the Cards.

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Outside of Wainwright and Wacha Cards starters are not that great. Lynne, Kelly, and I'm missing somebody are ok. Reds Closer is far superior. Middle relief is about even. I like the Reds pitching staff once they all get healthy. If the Reds had any bats working at the same time they would be really good.
    BOOM GOES THE DYNAMITE

Adopted Bronco:

Quote Originally Posted by Bronco9798 View Post
    Outside of Wainwright and Wacha Cards starters are not that great. Lynne, Kelly, and I'm missing somebody are ok. Reds Closer is far superior. Middle relief is about even. I like the Reds pitching staff once they all get healthy. If the Reds had any bats working at the same time they would be really good.
    I like Latos and I think Cingrani can be good, but Leake is very inconsistent and Bailey is WAY overrated. Cueto is good, but spends too much time on the DL.

I'll give you Chapman, but Rosenthal doesnt exactly suck.

The one you were missing is Shelby Miller. I'd probably put him in a higher bracket than "OK".

The whole division has some solid pitching...I just personally wouldnt say the Reds have the best overall.

12. The Following User High Fived CoachChaz For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

I have a really hard time putting their rotation ahead of the Cards.
    We've had this conversation before :wink:

And we disagree.

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Last years was Cuetos longest extended period on the DL. Unfortunately he gets a bunch of no decisions cause the Reds can't ******* score. Latos is solid. Cingrani looked good his first start but sucked at his second. Reds overpaid for Bailey, so far. They broke the bank on him but he is coming into his prime, we'll see about him. I still like middle relief and our closer. If Marshall ever gets healthy, him and Broxton are solid in the middle. We'll see how it all plays out. I'm so pissed at them right now. They get bailey a 4 run lead tonight and he gives all 4 back in one inning. They are the most inconsistent team in any professional sport. They just make me want to grab through the screen and break their ******* necks sometimes.
    BOOM GOES THE DYNAMITE

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

I like Latos and I think Cingrani can be good, but Leake is very inconsistent and Bailey is WAY overrated. Cueto is good, but spends too much time on the DL.

I'll give you Chapman, but Rosenthal doesnt exactly suck.

The one you were missing is Shelby Miller. I'd probably put him in a higher bracket than "OK".

The whole division has some solid pitching...I just personally wouldnt say the Reds have the best overall.
    OK, so Leake and Miller go head to head today. Leaks goes 8 innings, 4 hits, O runs, 1bb, 3 k's; Miller goes7 hits 3 earned runs, 3 bb, 5 k's.

Miller is 0-2 this year and leake is 1-1; Career Leake is 42-30 and Miller is 16-10

I just can't give you Miller in this one. He's not any better than "ok" of course in my opinion. I would put him and Leake about even.

Overall, I'll take the Reds pitching, when healthy. I like Cueto, latos, at the top of the rotation compared with Wainright and Wacha. After that it's pretty even. I'll take the Reds middle relievers and closer in a heartbeat.
    Remember, our 2 best middle relieves are on the DL right now.
    BOOM GOES THE DYNAMITE

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information