Page 1 of 16 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Town Hall Discussion: Mile High Salute Trial Period Coming to an End - Input Needed

Default Town Hall Discussion: Mile High Salute Trial Period Coming to an End - Input Needed

We introduced the Mile High Salute system as a 30 day trial. We are approaching the end of that trial period, and due to the fact that Christmas and New Years is approaching, we are creating a Town Hall discussion prior to the actual end of the trial period.

Please provide feedback on the system. Here are some discussion points to consider, but don't feel limited to these:

• Do you like the current Mile High Salute system?
    • Do you like the fact no points or status is tracked in conjunction with the system?
    • Do you like the anonymous nature of the system, vs. allowing others to see who you have given a Mile High Salute to?
    • Do you like the 'limit and spread', the limit of only giving 10 salutes a day and spreading to five other people before giving a Mile High Salute to the same person again?
    • Any other feedback about the system or changes you would like to have considered.

Do you like the current Mile High Salute system? YES!

Do you like the fact no points or status is tracked in conjunction with the system? YES!

Do you like the anonymous nature of the system, vs. allowing others to see who you have given a Mile High Salute to? YES!!!!!

Do you like the 'limit and spread', the limit of only giving 10 salutes a day and spreading to five other people before giving a Mile High Salute to the same person again? YES!!!
    "Women are meant to be loved, not to be understood." Oscar Wilde

Add me on Facebook!

Adopted Bronco:
    Josh McDaniels Sucks

[*]Do you like the current Mile High Salute system?
    No, but at least it is something.
    [*]Do you like the fact no points or status is tracked in conjunction with the system?
    No
    [*]Do you like the anonymous nature of the system, vs. allowing others to see who you have given a Mile High Salute to?
    No
    [*]Do you like the 'limit and spread', the limit of only giving 10 salutes a day and spreading to five other people before giving a Mile High Salute to the same person again?
    Kind of
    [*]Any other feedback about the system or changes you would like to have considered.

Bear with me, cause I am used to the freaks system, which is one of the reasons I stayed there but here is my input.

I think there should be 3 forms of recognition.

The anonymous One similar to this site's current one. This one should be worth 5 points

And another visual quick and unlimited recognition system. This should be worth 2-3 points.

And another anonymous one hands out negative feed back. This gets used rarley, and is only used for trolls, or really bad posts that you harshly disagree with, or even as a joke to a freind. And this should be -5 points.

That is jut my opinion, and I what I am used to. It has worked really well. And makes you feel good to see a salute on a post that you thought was meaningful, funny, or profound. It also helps cut down on the LMO, LMFAO!'s and stuff. If anyone is more interested, I can post screen shots of how it all works.

Quote Originally Posted by claymore View Post
    [*]Do you like the fact no points or status is tracked in conjunction with the system?
    No
    [*]Do you like the anonymous nature of the system, vs. allowing others to see who you have given a Mile High Salute to?
    No
    [*]Do you like the 'limit and spread', the limit of only giving 10 salutes a day and spreading to five other people before giving a Mile High Salute to the same person again?
    Kind of
    [*]Any other feedback about the system or changes you would like to have considered.

Bear with me, cause I am used to the freaks system, which is one of the reasons I stayed there but here is my input.

The anonymous One similar to this site's current one. This one should be worth 5 points

And another visual quick and unlimited recognition system. This should be worth 2-3 points.

And another anonymous one hands out negative feed back. This gets used rarley, and is only used for trolls, or really bad posts that you harshly disagree with, or even as a joke to a freind. And this should be -5 points.

That is jut my opinion, and I what I am used to. It has worked really well. And makes you feel good to see a salute on a post that you thought was meaningful, funny, or profound. It also helps cut down on the LMO, LMFAO!'s and stuff. If anyone is more interested, I can post screen shots of how it all works.
    Wow. 3 systems? What an overdose.

Couldn't we just say "Hey, great post?"

Add me on Facebook!

Quote Originally Posted by Kapaibro View Post

I think that is often the case with any salute/recognition/CP system is an alternative to a bunch of "hey, great post" or "hey, I agree" type posts. At least that is what I have always heard people say.

Anyway, hopefully we will have a lot more people chime in and give us feedback about what they thought about the trial and what, if any, changes they would like to see.

Adopted Bronco:
    Josh McDaniels Sucks

Quote Originally Posted by Kapaibro View Post

Yeah, there is always that. Basically a quick 2 point salute takes one second, and the poster that recieved it knows pretty much right away if they are paying atention.

The other 2 Reps 1 good, and one bad rarley get used, Only if it really strikes you. These are the anonymous ones that you can leave a comment on.

It sounds more complicated than it is..........

Adopted Bronco:
    Andra Davis

I'm with Clay I liked the Freak salute system better but at least this site has one. I would say I use the salute system more than anyone to agree with a post without having to type a response. I like knowing who also agreed with a post by the people who saluted it.
    I knew a man a long long time but I never knew him at all. Small in stature, big at heart but he always stood tall. In my mind he could do no wrong misunderstood all along. He worked hard all his live to get what he had. He was a little rough around the edges simple in mind but always had a kind eye for me. I will miss you Dad.

Gem's Yardog.

Is it possible to extend the trial period?

Give the new members a chance to try out the system we already have in place?

Add me on Facebook!

Adopted Bronco:
    Josh McDaniels Sucks

The current one here is like the 5 point anonymous one we had at the freak. Exept you had 2 choices, I approve, or I disaprove, and you put your explanation.

The opnly addition to the current system would be adding the I disaprove to the current one, and the quick reaction salute, where it is not anonymous, and quick is quick easy and to the point...........

Adopted Bronco:
    Greg Dulcich

No
    No
    Kind of

Salute (if it existed)! I find it to be healthy to get some feedback on the things you post. It gives you confidence to keep posting and challenges you to post articulately and with a little wit. Like you said, it worked great at the freak with no set backs at all but I would feel a little bad pushing our priorities on others as soon as we step in the door. It's like moving into someone's house and immediately saying "I want the walls painted puke green right now". I don't feel comfortable pushing my preferances on everyone else but if we could work something out similar to what clay said, I wouldn't complain.

The current one here is like the 5 point anonymous one we had at the freak. Exept you had 2 choices, I approve, or I disaprove, and you put your explanation.

The opnly addition to the current system would be adding the I disaprove to the current one, and the quick reaction salute, where it is not anonymous, and quick is quick easy and to the point...........
    Basically, they are two different systems.

The approve/disaprove (we have disaprove turned off) is the built in vBulletin reputation system, although we renamed it to Mile High Salute and replaced the little scale button with a salute gif. This is just like the CP system on broncomania, but with no points or statuses that existed on mania.

The broncosfreak salute system, or the High 5 system I described here: http://broncosforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2123 (there are screen shots here), is basically a public acknowledgement of a post. Like the CP/Reputation system, can be configured with or without points being tracked. This system is a very simple method to accomplish the same as a bunch of "I agree" type posts, and is a very popular vBulletin addon.

The High 5 system we previously talked about, is akin to the 'salute' that was used at the broncosfreak and looks like this image below. It gives you the ability to publically acknowledge agreement (not disagreement) with a post or more accurately, to publically acknowledge a post:

For those people that weren't active on the forum the last time we discussed a recognition system, it would be good to scan through the link I provided in my last post.

One thing that you will find is that many of us (not all, but many) that came over from the mania were adverse to putting in a system that tracked points and/or had any statuses tied to them, due to all the problems that occurred on mania around points and statuses. I think most of us like some way of acknowledging posts, but witnessed the negative side of points and statuses.

Adopted Bronco:
    Josh McDaniels Sucks

Quote Originally Posted by tnedator View Post
    Basically, they are two different systems.

The approve/disaprove (we have disaprove turned off) is the built in vBulletin reputation system, although we renamed it to Mile High Salute and replaced the little scale button with a salute gif. This is just like the CP system on broncomania, but with no points or statuses that existed on mania.

The broncosfreak salute system, or the High 5 system I described here: http://broncosforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2123 (there are screen shots here), is basically a public acknowledgement of a post. Like the CP/Reputation system, can be configured with or without points being tracked. This system is a very simple method to accomplish the same as a bunch of "I agree" type posts, and is a very popular vBulletin addon.

The High 5 system we previously talked about, is akin to the 'salute' that was used at the broncosfreak and looks like this image below. It gives you the ability to publically acknowledge agreement (not disagreement) with a post or more accurately, to publically acknowledge a post:

If I had to have one, it would be something like this. I dont care that much if points are tied to it, I just liked tracking how many I had. I never knew what the points did for you anyway.........

• Do you like the current Mile High Salute system? yes
    • Do you like the fact no points or status is tracked in conjunction with the system? no
    • Do you like the anonymous nature of the system, vs. allowing others to see who you have given a Mile High Salute to? YES
    • Do you like the 'limit and spread', the limit of only giving 10 salutes a day and spreading to five other people before giving a Mile High Salute to the same person again? Something to look at as we grow
    • Any other feedback about the system or changes you would like to have considered.

to TNED

Adopted Bronco:
    Greg Dulcich

Quote Originally Posted by tnedator View Post
    For those people that weren't active on the forum the last time we discussed a recognition system, it would be good to scan through the link I provided in my last post.

One thing that you will find is that many of us (not all, but many) that came over from the mania were adverse to putting in a system that tracked points and/or had any statuses tied to them, due to all the problems that occurred on mania around points and statuses. I think most of us like some way of acknowledging posts, but witnessed the negative side of points and statuses.
    Right, and that's what I kinda meant in my post above. You guys are coming from a different situation from us. We came from a very successful rep system at the freak where as most of you had a skewed system at BM. It's hard to make everyone happy I guess.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information