Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 6 14 15 16

Thread: Town Hall Discussion: Mile High Salute Trial Period Coming to an End - Input Needed

Oh, on a related note. Some of you may have noticed N/A showing up instead of a link showing to High Fives/MHS posts. This is some kind of bug related to the vBulletin upgrade and I am trying to see if there is a fix in place.

Adopted Bronco:
    Paul George

Quote Originally Posted by Tned View Post
    I did a security update that started identifying the High Five system as a security hack attempt. People that attempted to do it multiple times, not only got the error, but were IP banned at the server level. I have removed the security update and unbanned those IP's.

I think everything should be back to normal, and I will try and figure out how to get the security upgrade and High Five's to coexist.
    Good work Tned.

If Cswil was one of those banned, you don't have to worry about him.

3. The Following User High Fived NightTrainLayne For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Josey Jewell

With an avvy like that, you can have almost anything you want
    What, you didn't like Skinny's avvy?

-----
    Though He slay me, I will trust in Him . . . (Job 13:15)

Oh, on a related note. Some of you may have noticed N/A showing up instead of a link showing to High Fives/MHS posts. This is some kind of bug related to the vBulletin upgrade and I am trying to see if there is a fix in place.
    T....I think you popped my ban cherry! LMAO! I couldn't get in for about an hour.

Quote Originally Posted by GEM View Post
    T....I think you popped my ban cherry! LMAO! I couldn't get in for about an hour.
    lol, sorry about that. Top paged me while I was at lunch, and it was like "Oh ____". I connected with my mobile phone, saw the error message, but couldn't remove the security upgrade and unban the IPs via the phone. I had tested a bunch of stuff afterwards, but not the High-Five system.

Ooooops

7. The Following 4 Users High Fived Tned For This Post:

lol, sorry about that. Top paged me while I was at lunch, and it was like "Oh ____". I connected with my mobile phone, saw the error message, but couldn't remove the security upgrade and unban the IPs via the phone. I had tested a bunch of stuff afterwards, but not the High-Five system.

Ooooops
    Tis quite alright. Figured the first time I got banned would be for something quite good, but maybe this will be my one and only.

9. The Following User High Fived GEM For This Post:

Me too, GEM...

I just figured that it was a problem with the server or something... started with the Hi-5s and then I couldn't get in at all, I figured the site had gone down.

Funny thing is that I was doing it 'multiple times' to make sure I got the error message right, so that I could come here and post about it to Tned.

I didn't realize that I had been banned I'd have had a heart attack if I HAD, though. I left for work not knowing, and then it was back up when I got home, so no biggie, I figured, until I read this thread just now.

Wow, Trych will be impressed when I tell him I got banned...

Quote Originally Posted by Nurse Red View Post
    Me too, GEM...

I just figured that it was a problem with the server or something... started with the Hi-5s and then I couldn't get in at all, I figured the site had gone down.

Funny thing is that I was doing it 'multiple times' to make sure I got the error message right, so that I could come here and post about it to Tned.

I didn't realize that I had been banned I'd have had a heart attack if I HAD, though. I left for work not knowing, and then it was back up when I got home, so no biggie, I figured, until I read this thread just now.

Wow, Trych will be impressed when I tell him I got banned...
    The way the server security thing works, it was after 5 attempts at running what it considered to be a suspect script, it banned the IP. So, by doing it multiple times, you hit the 5 limit. I think there were around 8 IPs in the server firewall when I cleaned it out yesterday, so that is how many people wound up getting banned for that 45 minutes or so.

The way the server security thing works, it was after 5 attempts at running what it considered to be a suspect script, it banned the IP. So, by doing it multiple times, you hit the 5 limit. I think there were around 8 IPs in the server firewall when I cleaned it out yesterday, so that is how many people wound up getting banned for that 45 minutes or so.
    I was banned !!

Adopted Bronco:
    Doom!

I would like to thank Tned for banning Nurse Red. I always knew you were a top notch administrator.
    To all the armed forces... present, past, and future.
    Thanks, Reid!

Click the sig to read JetRazor's and my story! PM me with any questions!
    I love my wife!

14. The Following 2 Users High Fived LordTrychon For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Lonnie Paxton

Quote Originally Posted by LordTrychon View Post
    I would like to thank Tned for banning Nurse Red. I always knew you were a top notch administrator.
    Be nice to your big sister!
    I hate baseball!

16. The Following User High Fived Broncogator For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information