Page 6 of 16 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast

Thread: Town Hall Discussion: Mile High Salute Trial Period Coming to an End - Input Needed

How about a miniature player doing a crazy, spastic, idiotic dance...or an icon that runs 50 yards down an imaginary field choking himself...?

...all when we post something that is completely obvious and everyone knows we should have posted to begin with…

Adopted Bronco:
    Paul George

Quote Originally Posted by broncos_mtnman View Post
    I like the idea of the Mile High Salute, but I don't like the way it's set up.

No. I think there is some concern over the crap we dealt with over at the "other" boards, but we aren't that board. I would like to see some sort of points or status assigned to the system.

In the spirit of our new members from the Freak, I really liked their system, and I would like to see something like that here.

With there being no value to the recognition in our current system, I think the limit and spread is unecessary. If we were to change to a point system, then a limit and spread would be the right way to go.

I think we kinda threw the baby out with the bath water when we developed our system. The CP debates from the other place left a sour taste in many mouths. But, I think we are better than that here, and that we can "survive" a point system.
    I agree very much with this post. Over at the Freak we had salutes which were visible to everyone and tracked. They added to your CP points, but past that none of that mattered.

There wasn't any "reward" for having a high reputation/CP point value. Our titles would change based on it, but we could also choos any title we wanted. If you go and look at the Freak, if you rank all the users based on reputation, only a handful of the highest rated users even used the title that their points gave them. The highest title was "Legendary Ring of Famer", but I think only 1 or 2 of the users that have rep high enough to earn that title actually use it.

In other words, there was some tangible evidence of a posters reputation, but there was not reward, or any special consideration given to those users, and when a post received multiple salutes, it made it very obvious that it was well worth the effort to read it.

I never saw an abuse of that current system at the Freak. . .there's no reason to, it wouldn't get you anywhere.

Adopted Bronco:
    broncos_mtnman

Quote Originally Posted by tnedator View Post
    WTM, there are no points tracked for the Mile High Salute system. The High Five demo I setup, is including tacking (for purposes of people seeing how it works), but the only place you can get a high five is in that demo thread.
    Tned...you'll have to excuse me and you should know me better by now....

I catch on a little slower then most...

Quote Originally Posted by Watchthemiddle View Post
    Tned...you'll have to excuse me and you should know me better by now....

I catch on a little slower then most...

Not a problem. There is quite a bit of confusion, because we have two groups of people that were very used to the system on their previous message boards. Our current mile high salute, is very close to the CP system, so most of us are much more familiar with it, then the high five system, which is basically the same as what the freaks had.

Adopted Bronco:
    broncos_mtnman

Not a problem. There is quite a bit of confusion, because we have two groups of people that were very used to the system on their previous message boards. Our current mile high salute, is very close to the CP system, so most of us are much more familiar with it, then the high five system, which is basically the same as what the freaks had.
    Coooo

Just like all the other "feel out threads" ..and ideas...keep this one open for a few weeks.

Let everyone seei it, experience it, get over venting about our team not making the playoffs and then post a poll/question/thread about a system and see what happens.

It could take a few months, but all we have it time. It can't hurt.

Quote Originally Posted by Watchthemiddle View Post
    Coooo

Just like all the other "feel out threads" ..and ideas...keep this one open for a few weeks.

Let everyone seei it, experience it, get over venting about our team not making the playoffs and then post a poll/question/thread about a system and see what happens.

It could take a few months, but all we have it time. It can't hurt.

Well, I don't think we will leave this topic open for months. We will leave it open for a little while, becaue of people being scarce during the holidays. However, there are a lot more regulars that have logged in and posted in other threads than have posted here.

Everyone needs to realize that at Broncosforums.com, they really have input in what happens. However, if they are silent and don't give input, then the advisory board is obligated to make decisions based on the input of those that DO contribute to the Town Hall discussions.

Adopted Bronco:
    All of 'em

• Do you like the current Mile High Salute system?
      Yes

• Do you like the fact no points or status is tracked in conjunction with the system?
      Yes

• Do you like the anonymous nature of the system, vs. allowing others to see who you have given a Mile High Salute to?
      Doesn't matter.

• Do you like the 'limit and spread', the limit of only giving 10 salutes a day and spreading to five other people before giving a Mile High Salute to the same person again?
      Yes

• Any other feedback about the system or changes you would like to have considered.
      I would be completely against any sort of point system.
    Merry.

I went ahead and removed the High Five totals showing up in the user profiles and near the post counts and adopt a bronco area, because people seemed to be focusing more on that aspect of it, then the High fives under each post. They should be considered independently. Those that havn't gone to the demo thread to see how the High 5 demo thread should do so.

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

I went ahead and removed the High Five totals showing up in the user profiles and near the post counts and adopt a bronco area, because people seemed to be focusing more on that aspect of it, then the High fives under each post. They should be considered independently. Those that havn't gone to the demo thread to see how the High 5 demo thread should do so.
    Are we going to be able to see who high-fived our posts?
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

Adopted Bronco:
    Bob Howsam

Quote Originally Posted by MissouriBronc View Post
    Are we going to be able to see who high-fived our posts?
    Click "User CP"
    "Milk is for babies. When you grow up, you have to drink beer" -Arnold

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by Jim View Post
    Click "User CP"
    Right, those are the "mile high salutes" not the "hi-fives"
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

Adopted Bronco:
    Bob Howsam

Quote Originally Posted by MissouriBronc View Post
    Right, those are the "mile high salutes" not the "hi-fives"
    Then WTF is a high five?

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Then WTF is a high five?
    It is like our "salute" system over at the Freak. Tned only put it in one thread to test it out.

If you like what someone is saying, there's a little "hi-five" button that you click and it shows who has hi-fived the post at the bottom of the post.

Adopted Bronco:
    Bob Howsam

Yeah I saw it and I didn't like it. I actually am beginning to think that a CP system like over at Broncomania would be good.

Yeah I saw it and I didn't like it. I actually am beginning to think that a CP system like over at Broncomania would be good.
    you might just give dog a heart attack talking like that.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information