Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 236

Thread: Town Hall Discussion: Mile High Salute Trial Period Coming to an End - Input Needed

  1. #31
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Springfield, Missouri
    Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen
    Posts
    6,296

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tnedator View Post
    The other factor on Broncosmania, was those CP points not only were visible (more or less, by bars like the Freak had that went with post count), but also your titles changed, you got new features like bigger avatars or the ability to send PMs to more than one person, and even private forums that you got into based on how many points you had. So, on bmania, there was real 'value' attributed to points, which I believe created most, if not all, the problems.
    Oh well hell, ours were worthless...I mean, if they have value, they could be a problem. We just never worried about it. We just liked seeing who saluted your post. Nobody cared about the points or who had how many. They were meaningless, but personal only to the member.
    BOOM GOES THE DYNAMITE

  2. #32
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    44,019

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bronco9798 View Post
    Oh well hell, ours were worthless...I mean, if they have value, they could be a problem. We just never worried about it. We just liked seeing who saluted your post. Nobody cared about the points or who had how many. They were meaningless, but personal only to the member.
    At mania, it got out of hand. There were countless VERY heated discussions about what was or wasn't a proper way to give CP, etc. All of the 'perks' you go as your point value increased created tons of problems.

  3. #33

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tnedator View Post
    At mania, it got out of hand. There were countless VERY heated discussions about what was or wasn't a proper way to give CP, etc. All of the 'perks' you go as your point value increased created tons of problems.
    Our salute system never got out of hand at the Freak however, we did have once what we called Freakbucks. Freakbucks did get out of hand and we did away with them. Best thing we ever did.

  4. #34
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Elpaso TX
    Adopted Bronco:
    Josh McDaniels Sucks
    Posts
    31,288

    Default

    I only remember CP's being brought up once, because the were useless. They only made you feel good... Only way you knew is if someone told them........

  5. #35
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Elpaso TX
    Adopted Bronco:
    Josh McDaniels Sucks
    Posts
    31,288

    Default

    Another thing, after about a thousand posts the bars were the same............... I had 6 at like 500, and Niner had 6 at like 30,000...... Didnt meen crap.

    The salute system was Mainly a LOL, LMAO, LMFAO, LMMFAO, or I agree with you. Thats all it served.

  6. #36

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tnedator View Post
    At mania, it got out of hand. There were countless VERY heated discussions about what was or wasn't a proper way to give CP, etc. All of the 'perks' you go as your point value increased created tons of problems.
    I seem to remember those threads Tned....

  7. #37
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    44,019

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by KCLady View Post
    I seem to remember those threads Tned....
    Ohhh, yea, me too. I think you drove me to drink!!!!!!

  8. #38
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Springfield, Missouri
    Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen
    Posts
    6,296

    Default

    The salute/rep system is harmless. No one knows your rep points but the member themselves. We used it with no problems at the Freak.
    BOOM GOES THE DYNAMITE

  9. #39

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tnedator View Post
    Ohhh, yea, me too. I think you drove me to drink!!!!!!
    like wise...

  10. #40
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Hudson, CO
    Posts
    3,441

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tnedator View Post
    We introduced the Mile High Salute system as a 30 day trial. We are approaching the end of that trial period, and due to the fact that Christmas and New Years is approaching, we are creating a Town Hall discussion prior to the actual end of the trial period.

    Please provide feedback on the system. Here are some discussion points to consider, but don't feel limited to these:

    • Do you like the current Mile High Salute system?
    • I like the idea of the Mile High Salute, but I don't like the way it's set up.

    • Do you like the fact no points or status is tracked in conjunction with the system?
    No. I think there is some concern over the crap we dealt with over at the "other" boards, but we aren't that board. I would like to see some sort of points or status assigned to the system.

  11. Do you like the anonymous nature of the system, vs. allowing others to see who you have given a Mile High Salute to?
In the spirit of our new members from the Freak, I really liked their system, and I would like to see something like that here.

  • Do you like the 'limit and spread', the limit of only giving 10 salutes a day and spreading to five other people before giving a Mile High Salute to the same person again?
  • With there being no value to the recognition in our current system, I think the limit and spread is unecessary. If we were to change to a point system, then a limit and spread would be the right way to go.

  • Any other feedback about the system or changes you would like to have considered.
  • I think we kinda threw the baby out with the bath water when we developed our system. The CP debates from the other place left a sour taste in many mouths. But, I think we are better than that here, and that we can "survive" a point system.
    Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe. - Albert Einstein

    He is the most popular player we have traded. - Champ Bailey on Jay Cutler
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

  • #41
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    5,280
    Posts
    31,618

    Default

    For what it's worth, I agree with everything mtnman said above.

    Nice work.. If we had salutes, I'd give you one

  • #42
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Aurora, CO
    Adopted Bronco:
    broncos_mtnman
    Posts
    6,845

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BroncoJoe View Post
    For what it's worth, I agree with everything mtnman said above.

    Nice work.. If we had salutes, I'd give you one
    We do..check you yellow guy in the upper right hand corner to give a salute.


    -- on to the topic ----

    Do you like the current Mile High Salute system? Yes

    Do you like the fact no points or status is tracked in conjunction with the system? YesI feel people get too caught up in status and stop making quaility posts. WIth no status assigned, people generally make better thought provoking posts because they aren't caught up in just getting points...thats just my opinion. I also feel there are members that haven't joined us here from BM for that very reason. They are too caught up in the CP system rather then good conversation.

    Do you like the anonymous nature of the system, vs. allowing others to see who you have given a Mile High Salute to? I like it the way it is.

    Do you like the 'limit and spread', the limit of only giving 10 salutes a day and spreading to five other people before giving a Mile High Salute to the same person again? Yes

    Any other feedback about the system or changes you would like to have considered.

    So far so good I think. I am sure with these new BF members and all of us here we could even make it better. Tned, good idea about keeping this up after Christmas.

  • #43
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    44,019

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Watchthemiddle View Post
    Tned, good idea about keeping this up after Christmas.
    This and the rules discussion are too important to rush. Many of us will have limited time online over the next week, like me I am cleaning to get ready for tomorrow.... Crap, I knew I forgot to do something, clean. No wonder the wife is glaring.

    I think we will keep both of these going through the new year, so we make sure we get all the feedback we can.

    to everyone for providing such great feedback in both threads.

  • #44
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    44,019

    Default

    Ok, in order to facilitate good discussion, I have enabled the High 5 system in a single forum/thread, which is here: http://www.broncosforums.com/forums/...ead.php?t=7296

    The system will be active as long as this discussion is active and then will be disabled pending the advisory board deciding how we will proceed.

    One thing to consider when looking at the demo, is that as we did with our Mile High Salute, we have the option of tracking how many High 5's have been received, or to remove all tracking, and only show the individual High 5's below a given post (see the demo link above if you don't understand what I mean).

    The reason it is important to seperate those two things is that many members are against anything status related, which involve tracking total points, salutes, etc. The system can be setup to track the total salutes recieved or not, that would be an option we have, and needs to be discussed.

  • #45
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    44,019

    Default

    I typically like to seperate my posts about our options, what we are discussing, etc., from my opinion, so here is my opinion about this subject:

    I believe that the two systems can live side by side.

    • The Mile High Salute allows a quick way to privately salute a post and send a quick message, without the time it takes to send a PM.
    • The High 5 system allows you to publically recognize a post, withouth flooding a thread with "I agrees" or "Right on" type posts.


    However, due to the sensitivity about tracking of points and the cluster that happened at mania, I would suggest not tracking the number of salutes recevied, and ONLY showing them below each post.

  • Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast
    Go
    Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

    Thread Information

    Users Browsing this Thread

    There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

    Similar Threads

    1. Replies: 7
      Last Post: 06-21-2008, 06:53 AM
    2. Replies: 5
      Last Post: 02-08-2008, 08:31 AM
    3. Replies: 5
      Last Post: 02-08-2008, 08:31 AM
    4. Replies: 4
      Last Post: 01-20-2008, 04:13 PM

    Tags for this Thread

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •  
    status.broncosforums.com - BroncosForums status updates
    Partner with the USA Today Sports Media Group