Page 12 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 ... LastLast

Thread: Town Hall Discussion: Mile High Salute Trial Period Coming to an End - Input Needed

I miss being able to neg rep DC for the hell of it. It was just random enough that I know it pissed him off.

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

I still hope to see a salute system in place over here. Just keep the rep points private so you can only see your own rep points. The Salute system should be an automatic for any board. Just my opinion.
    BOOM GOES THE DYNAMITE

Adopted Bronco:
    Kay Adams

Do you like the current Mile High Salute system? No

Do you like the fact no points or status is tracked in conjunction with the system? No, I prefer to have rep points

Do you like the anonymous nature of the system, vs. allowing others to see who you have given a Mile High Salute to? No

Do you like the 'limit and spread', the limit of only giving 10 salutes a day and spreading to five other people before giving a Mile High Salute to the same person again? No

The mile high salute is OK, but as a stand alone rep system I think it is lacking. It would be nice to have both the Salute and High Five systems in place. If only one system is adopted I would vote for the High Five.

Adopted Bronco:
    Mike Leach

• Do you like the current Mile High Salute system? Yes
    • Do you like the fact no points or status is tracked in conjunction with the system? No, I'd prefer CP/rep tracked, but it's not a big deal to me. It does seem to be a big deal to those who came from a board where the system was abused. Having come from the Freak, which was like that show "Whose Line Is It Anyway" where the points don't matter, it was fun because you couldn't do anything with it. I think it could be fun here as well, as long as there is NO point, no incentive to having CP/rep. But again, it's not something I feel strongly about.
    • Do you like the anonymous nature of the system, vs. allowing others to see who you have given a Mile High Salute to? I don't really care either way. Preferably, I'd like to see the both the Salute and High Five systems used together, so that there is an option for both public and private acknowledgement, if desired. GP posts are annoying to me and the High Five eliminates the need for them. Since this is about the salute, I'll save those arguments.
    • Do you like the 'limit and spread', the limit of only giving 10 salutes a day and spreading to five other people before giving a Mile High Salute to the same person again? No. If no one else know who you are giving salutes to and it doesn't count for anything, why does it matter who you give them to and when? This makes no sense to me. If salutes where tied to CP or rep, then I could understand it, but with the present system, it's not much different than a PM tied to a post.
    • Any other feedback about the system or changes you would like to have considered. Not that I can think of at the moment.
    Quote Originally Posted by Benetto View Post
    Orton can't single left handedly ruin everything on O.
    We didn't lose the game; we just ran out of time. - Vince Lombardi

"I make mistakes, I am out of control and at times hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best."
    — Marilyn Monroe

Quote Originally Posted by pnbronco View Post
    dang it go drink some Fireball and find your own dang chicken....

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Do you like the current Mile High Salute system? Yes

Do you like the fact no points or status is tracked in conjunction with the system? No, I'd prefer CP/rep tracked, but it's not a big deal to me. It does seem to be a big deal to those who came from a board where the system was abused. Having come from the Freak, which was like that show "Whose Line Is It Anyway" where the points don't matter, it was fun because you couldn't do anything with it. I think it could be fun here as well, as long as there is NO point, no incentive to having CP/rep. But again, it's not something I feel strongly about.

Do you like the anonymous nature of the system, vs. allowing others to see who you have given a Mile High Salute to? I don't really care either way. Preferably, I'd like to see the both the Salute and High Five systems used together, so that there is an option for both public and private acknowledgement, if desired. GP posts are annoying to me and the High Five eliminates the need for them. Since this is about the salute, I'll save those arguments.

Do you like the 'limit and spread', the limit of only giving 10 salutes a day and spreading to five other people before giving a Mile High Salute to the same person again? No. If no one else know who you are giving salutes to and it doesn't count for anything, why does it matter who you give them to and when? This makes no sense to me. If salutes where tied to CP or rep, then I could understand it, but with the present system, it's not much different than a PM tied to a post.

Any other feedback about the system or changes you would like to have considered. Not that I can think of at the moment.
    BOOM GOES THE DYNAMITE

Adopted Bronco:
    Mike Leach

LOL. Does that mean I did a good job, Niner?

"I make mistakes, I am out of control and at times hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best."
    — Marilyn Monroe

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by frauschieze View Post
    LOL. Does that mean I did a good job, Niner?
    Did we say the same thing? Let me read yours again.
    BOOM GOES THE DYNAMITE

Adopted Bronco:
    Josh McDaniels Sucks

Wow, you guys are really together on this.

Adopted Bronco:
    Sorry, I gave at the office.

Sorry I did not make it through all the posts. But I will try to answer now.

Do you like the current Mile High Salute system? Yes and no.

I don't really understand the problem with recognition points or status. As a rival fan it was a pleasant surprise when I was recognized for my posts and that recognition helped me understand how open minded some of the fans are on the MB. This is still accomplished with the salute system so that is a positive.

It would seem we are bowing down to a few bad apples by doing away with a point recognition system. And I am against that kind of compromise on principle alone.

Do you like the fact no points or status is tracked in conjunction with the system? no --see above.

Do you like the 'limit and spread', the limit of only giving 10 salutes a day and spreading to five other people before giving a Mile High Salute to the same person again? Yes, it tends to limit abuse. This feature is the key to limiting some of the things that are distasteful to the point system. So why didn't this work to your satisfaction?

Do you like the anonymous nature of the system, vs. allowing others to see who you have given a Mile High Salute to? No --- If I said it I meant it. Let everyone see.

Nothing else I can think of right now. Thanks for the opportunity to contribute!

Adopted Bronco:
    Baron Browning, Jaleel McLaughlin

Quote Originally Posted by Raiderfan76 View Post
    * Do you like the current Mile High Salute system? NO
    * Do you like the fact no points or status is tracked in conjunction with the system?YES
    * Do you like the anonymous nature of the system, vs. allowing others to see who you have given a Mile High Salute to?YES
    * Do you like the 'limit and spread', the limit of only giving 10 salutes a day and spreading to five other people before giving a Mile High Salute to the same person again?YES
    * Any other feedback about the system or changes you would like to have considered.Trash the whole concept
    Quote Originally Posted by SeeingRed View Post
    Pretty much my opinion as well.
    Quote Originally Posted by Krugan View Post
    Im fine with a simple salute.

Please, please, dont put in a points status system. It just made me ill to even go to Bmania(other than the white light!)and see the popularity contests floating around there.

Of course that is my opinion of that system, so take it for what it is.

that's what i'm talking about-- just say no!
    “When we do find that guy, we’ve got to have the continuity on the offensive side to where we can train him and develop him and get him there. This is our fourth offense in probably three or four years. Quarterbacks need to be developed. You don’t find one ready-made. We got to have a solid system in place for when we do go after whatever guy it may be, a young guy or a trade or whatnot.”
    - John Elway

Adopted Bronco:
    The Infallible Matt McChesney

Do you like the current Mile High Salute system?

Kinda.

Do you like the fact no points or status is tracked in conjunction with the system?

I don't really care. It can distinguish between good posters and bad posters, but can lead to abuse... so either way... w/e.

Do you like the 'limit and spread', the limit of only giving 10 salutes a day and spreading to five other people before giving a Mile High Salute to the same person again?

No. There shouldn't be a ration of good posts. I'm going to acknowledge a post as good, I really don't want to think about saving them for later or a better post.

Do you like the anonymous nature of the system, vs. allowing others to see who you have given a Mile High Salute to?

Absolutely not. If I was to salute a post, it was because it was a well thought, well researched, or a similar point to my beliefs. I would like to publicly acknowledge that this is a good point, not keep it a secret. I have nothing to hide. I'm actually less likely to salute somebody because it's private.

I don't care about the rep or anything, I think the biggie is that I salute quality posts, and would like to alert others that this is a post worth reading. From there, if I'm just skimming through a thread, I can find posts really worth reading if there are a significant amount of members that saluted it.
    Quote Originally Posted by OaklandRaider View Post
    But what can you say to an intelligent Raider fan?

Adopted Bronco:
    Mike Leach

Quote Originally Posted by Broncospsycho77 View Post
    I don't care about the rep or anything, I think the biggie is that I salute quality posts, and would like to alert others that this is a post worth reading. From there, if I'm just skimming through a thread, I can find posts really worth reading if there are a significant amount of members that saluted it.
    This is HUGE to me.
    HUGE.
    It has absolutely nothing to do with reputation or points and everything to do with good posts. For example, the OL & DL article The Sports Guru linked to. That was a STUPENDOUS article. Way worth the time to click on the link and read. Rather than have a superfluous post saying it was well worth it (which I did) I could give a high five to let others know.
    Last edited by frauschieze; 01-05-2008 at 05:08 PM. Reason: posting while drinking

— Marilyn Monroe

Adopted Bronco:
    DOOM!

I just don't see the issue with being able to publicly recognize a quality post. THis whole question about tracking points that contribute in some way to building power or prestige or special privileges or whatever is doomed to create problems and should absolutely not be implemented. But as Cheese notes, seeing several "high fives" under a post grabs my attention and I will read that post for certain.

Receiving a "high five" for a post I wrote always made me feel good and certainly encourages participation, which is a very good thing. Tracking those "high fives" in way that displays how many "high fives" that member has received worked well at the freak as you get a feel for how that member has been received by others. It caused ZERO problems, but most likely because negative rep was never publicly displayed and CP was essentially worthless.

I can see where ego, greed, envy, and other negative human personality traits can get involved should CP be given any kind of value. Kept worthless, however, and it's all about fun. We can NEVER have too much FUN.

The "Salute" system was easily one of the best things about the Freak, next to it's membership. I suppose most of those of us ex-freaks that migrated here would love to see it implemented, those opposed due to bad experiences elsewhere should give it a try.

Since most ex-freaks landed here I find the only thing I truly miss from the Freak is the ability to "salute" or "high five" a great, funny, informative, or well written post that deserves, IMO, some public recognition. Sure we can reply with a post of our own to say "great post!" but then the threads can get too long especially if someone feels the need to quote that great post. I have noticed that a lot of posts on this site get quoted with a simple "nice post" (or something similar) under neath the quote. "High fives" eliminate this entirely.

Nobody in the game of football should be called a genius. A genius is somebody like Norman Einstein ...Joe Theismann

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by MileHighWrath View Post
    I just don't see the issue with being able to publicly recognize a quality post. THis whole question about tracking points that contribute in some way to building power or prestige or special privileges or whatever is doomed to create problems and should absolutely not be implemented. But as Cheese notes, seeing several "high fives" under a post grabs my attention and I will read that post for certain.

Receiving a "high five" for a post I wrote always made me feel good and certainly encourages participation, which is a very good thing. Tracking those "high fives" in way that displays how many "high fives" that member has received worked well at the freak as you get a feel for how that member has been received by others. It caused ZERO problems, but most likely because negative rep was never publicly displayed and CP was essentially worthless.

I can see where ego, greed, envy, and other negative human personality traits can get involved should CP be given any kind of value. Kept worthless, however, and it's all about fun. We can NEVER have too much FUN.

The "Salute" system was easily one of the best things about the Freak, next to it's membership. I suppose most of those of us ex-freaks that migrated here would love to see it implemented, those opposed due to bad experiences elsewhere should give it a try.

Since most ex-freaks landed here I find the only thing I truly miss from the Freak is the ability to "salute" or "high five" a great, funny, informative, or well written post that deserves, IMO, some public recognition. Sure we can reply with a post of our own to say "great post!" but then the threads can get too long especially if someone feels the need to quote that great post. I have noticed that a lot of posts on this site get quoted with a simple "nice post" (or something similar) under neath the quote. "High fives" eliminate this entirely.
    I agree. The points given were meaningless, but they were kept private. You could access your CP and see your won points but you couldn't see each others. Nothing wrong with that. People should relax and give it a try.
    BOOM GOES THE DYNAMITE

Adopted Bronco:
    Mike Leach

Dear Wrath,

I would High Five that post if I could. Instead, you will get this handsome post and a Moose Drool if you ever end up my way.

Love,
    Cheese

— Marilyn Monroe

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information