Page 272 of 301 FirstFirst ... 172 222 262 270 271 272 273 274 282 ... LastLast
Results 4,066 to 4,080 of 4511

Thread: Hows your weather today

Adopted Bronco:
    Always King87

How’s the ‘winter bomb’ in the Plains, fellas?

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

So far it has delivered. Sideways snow and the tree in front is bleeding sap, so it looks like weird yellow snow (pretty sure Squirrel bladders aren't that big, even if they could hang on to the branches). Accumulation has been significant in the few hours since it began, and the wind is bad enough you don't want to go out. I'm curious to see how much this thing has in the tank.

Some say the end is near.
    Some say we'll see Snowmageddon soon.
    Certainly hope we will.
    I sure could use a vacation...
    Quote Originally Posted by Sting
    "You know cos I just lost my parents--both my parents died in the same year...to this day, people come up to me and say 'my dad died and that album really meant a lot to me,' which is very nourishing {pats heart} for a songwriter to hear that your songs have a utility beyond just their own solace, that it actually helps other people."

3. The Following 2 Users High Fived Hawgdriver For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Kendall Hinton!

Not a lot of snow accumulation yet, but the rain prior to the snow created a sheet of ice on the roads. We made our kid call into work - I didn't want him driving, and I don't want to drive him either!

Drove to the store earlier, and maybe had 50 ft of visibility. Saw two trees that were felled as well in the neighborhood, blocking 1/2 of the street. I-25 is closed just south of me to Colorado Springs. I-70 is closed both on the far west and east sides of Denver. 1,000's of flights canceled at DIA. Lights @ the house keep flashing - hopefully we don't lose power (which is why I ran to the store earlier to get firewood/logs and stuff we can eat without cooking).

If the wind wasn't as strong as it is, it wouldn't be too bad, but it's definitely blizzard conditions, without the overly heavy snowfall.

Adopted Bronco:
    Always King87

Here.......It’s supposed to get up to 37, and partly sunny.

Good luck, Colorado

Adopted Bronco:
    Kendall Hinton!

Quote Originally Posted by Nomad View Post
    Here.......It’s supposed to get up to 37, and partly sunny.

Good luck, Colorado
    It was 62 here yesterday...

Adopted Bronco:

Strong storms around 4 AM....sunny and 72 right now

Adopted Bronco:
    only Von

Quote Originally Posted by Hawgdriver View Post
    I'm excited. Did they cancel school for you abe?

Nah, but we weren't expected to get any snow.

Windy as **** though. 70 mph gusts.

Adopted Bronco:
    Kendall Hinton!

Schools closed again tomorrow here. Wife and son get a weekend in the middle of the week!

I still have to work though. Sometimes it sucks to home office.

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by aberdien View Post
    Nah, but we weren't expected to get any snow.

Windy as **** though. 70 mph gusts.
    We got the wind and the rain, a little bit of snow/sleet mixed in so far. All the highways have been shutdown since about mid day.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

Adopted Bronco:
    only Von

Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    We got the wind and the rain, a little bit of snow/sleet mixed in so far. All the highways have been shutdown since about mid day.
    Our highest gust was 78.

Are you in the area where all the flooding is going on?

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by aberdien View Post
    Our highest gust was 78.

Are you in the area where all the flooding is going on?

No. We ended up getting almost nothing. We were right in the middle. It’s really bad in northeast Nebraska. There was a ton of snow in the panhandle, but they’re used to that. Dams are being breached in the east and the Elkhorn River is causing a lot of problems from Norfolk south.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

Our rental had some fences blown over. 98mph gusts.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sting
    "You know cos I just lost my parents--both my parents died in the same year...to this day, people come up to me and say 'my dad died and that album really meant a lot to me,' which is very nourishing {pats heart} for a songwriter to hear that your songs have a utility beyond just their own solace, that it actually helps other people."

Adopted Bronco:
    Rey

The instructor from the training I just did lives in Denver and couldn't believe that DIA was closed for a while.

Then I remembered when I flew out of DIA I noticed that inside the airport they had these cool storm shelters - I remembered thinking, that is badass - the weather gets so extreme, people inside a building, need an additional safe place to hide!!!

Before I became obsessed with America - I used to think that the UK had terrible weather and that we were really hard done by. I am now well aware of how bland our weather is in reality.

15. The Following User High Fived Valar Morghulis For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by Valar Morghulis View Post
    The instructor from the training I just did lives in Denver and couldn't believe that DIA was closed for a while.

Then I remembered when I flew out of DIA I noticed that inside the airport they had these cool storm shelters - I remembered thinking, that is badass - the weather gets so extreme, people inside a building, need an additional safe place to hide!!!

Before I became obsessed with America - I used to think that the UK had terrible weather and that we were really hard done by. I am now well aware of how bland our weather is in reality.
    Thus confirming the notion that Euros are *******.

‘Murica!

17. The Following User High Fived MOtorboat For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Always King87

Weather is heavy clouds, gloomy, & depressing. Still about 2' of snow on the ground. Street in front of the house, & driveway, are all ice covered from the thaw/freeze.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information