Page 243 of 301 FirstFirst ... 143 193 233 241 242 243 244 245 253 293 ... LastLast
Results 3,631 to 3,645 of 4511

Thread: Hows your weather today

Adopted Bronco:
    DT

Quote Originally Posted by ShaneFalco View Post
    naw is plugged into the wall outlet.

I am gunna have my engineer neighbor take a look at it. The compressor comes on at 85 degrees, works for about 4 mins, gets really loud and shaky till temp drops to 82, then goes off and the fan is just running but no cool air.

i may just take to repair shop or get new one.

Going to be a hot ass month.
    Window units aren't really known for their longevity, especially the ones at Wal-Mart, etc

Adopted Bronco:
    Dangerous Freedom Lock

Yea i would get central Air if i owned, but im renting a house without it. Had this one for 4 years, but got it used, so it may just be time for it to end.

my landlords way too cheap for Central Air.

Yea i would get central Air if i owned, but im renting a house without it. Had this one for 4 years, but got it used, so it may just be time for it to end.

Ask the landlord to pay for the window unit.

or tell him you will keep using yours but its a fire hazard

Quote Originally Posted by Timmy! View Post
    Effing school zones suck. It's only a matter of time before I get nailed in one.
    Quote Originally Posted by Valar Morghulis View Post
    I take the fat out of the pan once no longer hot, smear it all over my genitals, then enter consenting people with my tumescent member.

Just hit 100 for the first time this year at my house

Effing school zones suck. It's only a matter of time before I get nailed in one.
    I take the fat out of the pan once no longer hot, smear it all over my genitals, then enter consenting people with my tumescent member.

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip "TD" Lindsay

Quote Originally Posted by Al Wilson 4 Mayor View Post
    Ask the landlord to pay for the window unit.
    No, DEMAND that he replace it or you'll report him to the Housing Department.
    I’m an Autistic Self-Advocate. If you have any questions about Autism/Asperger’s, feel free to ask. I’m not offended by any question asked by anyone who has a genuine desire to understand us better.

https://aacphoenix.com/

Quote Originally Posted by weazel View Post
    Just hit 100 for the first time this year at my house
    Our heat wave must have moved north. We have been at or over 100 for a few days now
    Last edited by Al Wilson 4 Mayor; 07-08-2017 at 09:03 AM.

Adopted Bronco:
    DT

Got caught in a thunderstorm while out on the Harley. Said 30% chance of thunderstorms, lost the gamble.

Adopted Bronco:
    Always King87

54 and rainy here in Eagle River.

Shane.....you figured out your AC? If you have any HVAC or electrician friends, they'll be able to troubleshoot the problem. A lot of times in those units, the capacitors will go bad, and most times that'll be the first part they'll change. If you have the manual, there should be a troubleshooting section, and a schematic, or you could say 'eff it' and buy a new one. LoL. My Dad (who lives in Louisiana) uses a window unit in his HAM radio room, and he had a similar problem, in which, it was a bad capacitor. Though I'm a journeyman wireman (electrician), I don't mess with HVAC much, but it sounds like the same issue as what my Dad had.

Adopted Bronco:
    Kendall Hinton!

Quote Originally Posted by FanInAZ View Post
    No, DEMAND that he replace it or you'll report him to the Housing Department.
    From what I gathered from SF's post, it's his personal AC and was not provided by the landlord.

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip "TD" Lindsay

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoJoe View Post
    From what I gathered from SF's post, it's his personal AC and was not provided by the landlord.
    Its my understanding that SF shouldn't have to buy his own AC, that should be the landlord responsibility.
    I’m an Autistic Self-Advocate. If you have any questions about Autism/Asperger’s, feel free to ask. I’m not offended by any question asked by anyone who has a genuine desire to understand us better.

Adopted Bronco:
    Kendall Hinton!

Quote Originally Posted by FanInAZ View Post
    Its my understanding that SF shouldn't have to buy his own AC, that should be the landlord responsibility.
    No. If SF rents a house that doesn't have AC, it is not the landlords responsibility to automatically provide it.

Adopted Bronco:
    Always King87

We actually got up in the upper 70s today, and we're having a thunderstorm.....not often we have a thunderstorm. It's nice, not nearly as severe as NoDak or Louisiana.

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip "TD" Lindsay

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoJoe View Post
    No. If SF rents a house that doesn't have AC, it is not the landlords responsibility to automatically provide it.
    That wouldn’t fly in the land with more than 2 dozen days per year over 110. AC is mandatory in all residences here. If it’s leased, then the landlord must fix it within 48 hours. Trust me, several property management companies have gotten raked over the coals over the past couple of weeks for being in violation of this law.

86 today, 95 tomorrow for the airshow... Too hot

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information