Page 23 of 34 FirstFirst ... 13 21 22 23 24 25 33 ... LastLast

Thread: Town Hall Discussion: Feedback wanted on rules, moderation, banning procedures, etc.

Adopted Bronco:
    Peyton Hillis...always

Quote Originally Posted by atwater27 View Post
    Just a little friendly tip.... correcting misinformation is not a personal attack.
    Misinformation from your standards. Our information is just a legitimate as yours. You don't hold the torch for correct information. You look it up just like everyone else.
    "When we lose the right to be different, we lose the privilege to be free"
    ~Charles Evans Hughes~

Adopted Bronco:
    Bob Howsam

Quote Originally Posted by broncogirl7 View Post
    Misinformation from your standards. Our information is just a legitimate as yours. You don't hold the torch for correct information. You look it up just like everyone else.
    Take the bull**** elsewhere.
    "Milk is for babies. When you grow up, you have to drink beer" -Arnold

3. The Following User High Fived SR For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Doom!

Quote Originally Posted by SeeingRed View Post
    Take the bull**** elsewhere.
    Exactly.

A perfect example of animosity from P&R leaking out of P&R.

5. The Following 2 Users High Fived LordTrychon For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Brandon Stokley

Just a little friendly tip.... correcting misinformation is not a personal attack.
    Here's a tip, The mods DO NOT delete, edit members post's because they see someone "correcting misinformation".

I swear, some people... Our mods are not dumb.. They are smart enough to determine what is acceptable and what is crossing the line.

If we loosen the rules for the P&R forum, it will lead to more attacks and smack. It is not the smack forum! Most conversations in there are heated enough without opening the door to even more personal attacks..

Every thread in there will turn from the discussion to 2 or more people going back at each other. Why would that have anymore place in the P&R forum then any of the other forums? The whole point of the rules is to keep the discussion off of each other and on the subject.

What sense would it make to allow more freedom to bash other members for their political & Religious views? How would that better the forum

Asked at what point would it be in the best interest of the team to trade Cutler, McDaniels answered: "Never." Nice to see your a man of your word Josh

7. The Following 4 Users High Fived fcspikeit For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Shelby Harris

Quote Originally Posted by fcspikeit View Post
    Here's a tip, The mods DO NOT delete, edit members post's because they see someone "correcting misinformation".

I swear, some people... Our mods are not dumb.. They are smart enough to determine what is acceptable and what is crossing the line.

If we loosen the rules for the P&R forum, it will lead to more attacks and smack. It is not the smack forum! Most conversations in there are heated enough without opening the door to even more personal attacks..

Every thread in there will turn from the discussion to 2 or more people going back at each other. Why would that have anymore place in the P&R forum then any of the other forums? The whole point of the rules is to keep the discussion off of each other and on the subject.

What sense would it make to allow more freedom to bash other members for their political & Religious views? How would that better the forum
    If you don't like it stay out of that forum. Plain and simple.

Adopted Bronco:
    Brandon Stokley

If you don't like it stay out of that forum. Plain and simple.

If members want to have an adult conversation about Politics or Religion, without being attacked by other members for their views, they can post in the P&R forum...

If you want to talk smack about political or Religious views, you can start a thread in the Smack forum where that belongs.

That's as plain and simple as it gets!
    Last edited by fcspikeit; 01-18-2008 at 10:02 PM.

Asked at what point would it be in the best interest of the team to trade Cutler, McDaniels answered: "Never." Nice to see your a man of your word Josh

Adopted Bronco:
    Kay Adams

If members want to have an adult conversation about Politics or Religion, without being attacked by other members for their views they can post in the P&R forum...

If you want to talk smack about political or Religious views, you can't start a thread in the Smack forum where that belongs.

That's as plain and simple as it gets!
    Wait, I am confused. If I want to start a thread to talk smack about politics or religion I can't start that thread in the smack forum. Seriously, I don't follow what you are saying.

Adopted Bronco:
    Brandon Stokley

Quote Originally Posted by slim View Post
    Wait, I am confused. If I want to start a thread to talk smack about politics or religion I can't start that thread in the smack forum. Seriously, I don't follow what you are saying.
    Sorry about that,

I typed "can't" instead of "can"

I edited it

*Edit* I first wrote it as a question, As in, "If you want to talk smack about political or Religious views, why can't you start a thread in the Smack forum where that belongs?"

I changed it into a statement, but missed the "'t"
    Last edited by fcspikeit; 01-18-2008 at 10:10 PM.

Adopted Bronco:
    Doom!

Sorry about that,

I typed "can't" instead of "can"

I edited it
    Actually... I don't think you can start a P&R thread in smack... they'd probably move it...
    To all the armed forces... present, past, and future.
    Thanks, Reid!

Click the sig to read JetRazor's and my story! PM me with any questions!
    I love my wife!

Adopted Bronco:
    Brandon Stokley

Quote Originally Posted by LordTrychon View Post
    Actually... I don't think you can start a P&R thread in smack... they'd probably move it...
    If it were worded as smack I bet they would leave it..

For instance.. a person could put *smack* in the title.

I don't think there are any rules regarding what can be smacked in the smack forum? Pretty much everyone agreed that we should ease up the modding in the smack forum. I don't know if a thread has ever been moved out of the smack forum, unless by request from the thread starter?

Normally threads get moved to the smack forum.. LOL
    Last edited by fcspikeit; 01-18-2008 at 10:20 PM.

14. The Following User High Fived fcspikeit For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Doom!

If it were worded as smack I bet they would leave it..

For instance.. a person could put *smack* in the title.
    Interesting thought. I think I like it...

Mods, Tned? Thoughts?
    To all the armed forces... present, past, and future.
    Thanks, Reid!

Click the sig to read JetRazor's and my story! PM me with any questions!
    I love my wife!

Quote Originally Posted by LordTrychon View Post
    Probably not as the smack area is lightly moderated unless personal attacks get really ugly it is pretty much left alone..

I would not move one out, but would move one in if requested by the author..

I personally think that anytime it gets personal some one loses.. And it eventually bleeds into the other areas.

I stay out of that area as much as I can..

If someone reports a voilation of the COC in there it will be dealt with..

Adopted Bronco:
    Brandon Stokley

Quote Originally Posted by Jrwiz View Post
    Probably not as the smack area is lightly moderated unless personal attacks get really ugly it is pretty much left alone..

I would not move one out, but would move one in if requested by the author..

I personally think that anytime it gets personal some one loses.. And it eventually bleeds into the other areas.

I stay out of that area as much as I can..

If someone reports a voilation of the COC in there it will be dealt with..
    I have only been in there a couple times myself..

I always try to argue with logic.. LOL

I also don't like posting with the intent of hurting other members. ("hurting" sounds kind of wimpy but I couldn't think of anything else )

But that's just me... I understand many members like the smack forum. That's why I voted to allow more leeway in that forum... At least we have a choice, we can either go in or stay away if we don't like it. If we allowed smack in the P&R forum we would have no choice if I wanted to talk Politics or Religion.

It's hard to have a serious conversation when people are smacking you.. You end up focusing on them instead of the reason you were posting in the first place... IMO, if people want that they should post in the forum dedicated for it.

18. The Following User High Fived fcspikeit For This Post:

I would move it. The Duck Before Entering forum is a Football forum.

If you want smack P&R threads look in the P&R threads...that's what most of it is.

People can barely be civil to each other in most P&R threads...I am not sure I would like to see a true smack P&R thread.

Adopted Bronco:
    Brandon Stokley

Quote Originally Posted by LDB View Post
    I would move it. The Duck Before Entering forum is a Football forum.

If you want smack P&R threads look in the P&R threads...that's what most of it is.

People can barely be civil to each other in most P&R threads...I am not sure I would like to see a true smack P&R thread.
    Just wondering...

Where does it say The Duck Before Entering forum is a football forum?

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information