Page 4 of 34 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast

Thread: Town Hall Discussion: Feedback wanted on rules, moderation, banning procedures, etc.

Adopted Bronco:
    Bob Howsam

Quote Originally Posted by Kapaibro View Post
    If that's your only form of expression, then it's pretty sad.
    That's the kind of stereotyping that make people like me dislike people like you.

I curse because it emphasizes a point and because sometimes it adds that 'shock value' to a statement. I don't do it because I've got a weak vocabulary or have no other way of expressing myself. Don't paint everyone with the same brush just because you don't like it.
    "Milk is for babies. When you grow up, you have to drink beer" -Arnold

Adopted Bronco:
    Bob Howsam

Quote Originally Posted by JayCutler4MVP!!! View Post
    What about cursing Via PM?
    You seem to do a good job of that.
    And now whatever she said about people cursing goes straight out the window. Good job Kap!

Quote Originally Posted by SeeingRed View Post
    That's the kind of stereotyping that make people like me dislike people like you.

I curse because it emphasizes a point and because sometimes it adds that 'shock value' to a statement. I don't do it because I've got a weak vocabulary or have no other way of expressing myself. Don't paint everyone with the same brush just because you don't like it.
    Nice generalisation SR.

So now you don't like me? Thanks a lot. Here I was thinking I had the right to express my opinion, but apparently it just gets me flamed.
    "Women are meant to be loved, not to be understood." Oscar Wilde

Add me on Facebook!

Just because there are adults on the board doesn't make cursing right. We have a lot of young members, and I personally don't like seeing curse words on the board.

What is a curse? Dang, damn, ass, ???, ???

That's what needs to be discussed. If you take my definition, SR's and yours, we likely have three different thresholds.

US society, accepts much more than BroncosForums does, as witnessed by our network TV shows censored by our OVERLY puratanical FCC, but what we have to determine is what is socially acceptable on BroncosForums.

Ok, let's try and focus on the topics and not each other. Pretty, Please...

And now whatever she said about people cursing goes straight out the window. Good job Kap!
    Naw... Pms and on the forum is okay.
    If I want to cuss people out via Pm or talk with bad language in a pm then its cool. Its different when everyone else can read it though.

Cussings bad anyways so I dont really do it. Its a lot easier not to cuss online then it is in real life.
    @Tnedator

RIP DARRENT WILLIAMS
    RIP DAMIEN NASH
    RIP BFC
    RIP Sneakers the Cat

I love reading discussions like this. Its pretty interesting seeing peoples opinions and E-fights.
    I love open ideas.

Something else off topic: How Do I already have 400 plus posts?
    And how do some people have over 3000?

It seems like this site just started.
    Wow Time is flying by fast.
    @Tnedator

RIP DARRENT WILLIAMS
    RIP DAMIEN NASH
    RIP BFC
    RIP Sneakers the Cat

Adopted Bronco:
    Bob Howsam

Nice generalisation SR.

So now you don't like me? Thanks a lot. Here I was thinking I had the right to express my opinion, but apparently it just gets me flamed.
    No Kap, I don't dislike you, you're one of my favorites and you know that, I'm just using generalizations and stereotypes like you did. Doesn't sit right does it?

No Kap, I don't dislike you, you're one of my favorites and you know that, I'm just using generalizations and stereotypes like you did. Doesn't sit right does it?
    And what about the rest of my post. I notice you completely disregarded that.

But hey, who gives a damn about my opinion these days
    "Women are meant to be loved, not to be understood." Oscar Wilde

Add me on Facebook!

This forum is a riot.
    I think one thing that I love about it is that when someone gives me a salute I can see who it was regaurdless unlike Broncos Country. Whether I get hate mail or love mail I love to see who its from.
    @Tnedator

RIP DARRENT WILLIAMS
    RIP DAMIEN NASH
    RIP BFC
    RIP Sneakers the Cat

Adopted Bronco:
    Bob Howsam

Just because there are adults on the board doesn't make cursing right. We have a lot of young members, and I personally don't like seeing curse words on the board.
    Cursing isn't wrong either, per-say. We don't have a lot of young members. We have a handful.

Better?

Adopted Bronco:
    Bob Howsam

Quote Originally Posted by JayCutler4MVP!!! View Post
    This forum is a riot.
    I think one thing that I love about it is that when someone gives me a salute I can see who it was regaurdless unlike Broncos Country. Whether I get hate mail or love mail I love to see who its from.
    I just gave you a MHS. It was a joke what I said though. Shock value is what I was going for.

Adopted Bronco:
    Brandon Stokley

When I am working with adults I curse, But I agree with you about not cursing on here. There is something about reading a curse word that makes the poster sound dumb. Also, I wouldn't want my kids on a board where there was excessive profanity.

I think we should be more specific in what curse's we're talking about. Do you feel there should be no cursing at all and words like ass, dumb sh!t, dip Sh!t, Bull Sh!t, crap, douchebag, should not be allowed? Or are you referring to the F word and more serious profanity?

Asked at what point would it be in the best interest of the team to trade Cutler, McDaniels answered: "Never." Nice to see your a man of your word Josh

I just gave you a MHS. It was a joke what I said though. Shock value is what I was going for.
    It was a joke?
    So you really dont love me?

But yea its good stuff to see who I saluted from.
    @Tnedator

RIP DARRENT WILLIAMS
    RIP DAMIEN NASH
    RIP BFC
    RIP Sneakers the Cat

Adopted Bronco:
    broncos_mtnman

Quote Originally Posted by fcspikeit View Post
    When I am working with adults I curse, But I agree with you about not cursing on here. There is something about reading a curse word that makes the poster sound dumb. Also, I wouldn't want my kids on a board where there was excessive profanity.

I think we should be more specific in what curse's we're talking about. Do you feel there should be no cursing at all and words like ass, dumb ****, dip ****, Bull ****, crap, douchebag, should not be allowed? Or are you referring to the F word and more serious profanity?
    How about any words you wouldn't say in front of your Grandmother while sitting in Church.

Now I know not everyone goes to Church, but I think you get the point.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information