Page 3 of 34 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast

Thread: Town Hall Discussion: Feedback wanted on rules, moderation, banning procedures, etc.

Adopted Bronco:
    Bob Howsam

Quote Originally Posted by nj10 View Post
    I joined Broncosfreak at age 15 (I'm nearly 20)...believe me...They already know cuss words
    Hell at 15 I was already smokin pot out of coke cans and apples.

My whole issue with all of this is it basically boils down to common sense. If you don't like the words that some people say, we have an ignore button or you can make the choice to not read that thread.

If in the event that curse words are allowed, people better man up and not report posts left and right. I like to curse and drop the f-bomb a lot, but that doesn't mean I'm going to do it here if curse words are allowed. I may drop an f-bomb occasionally when I get heated about something, but for the most part I'll stick to my guns and only say ****, *****, etc.
    "Milk is for babies. When you grow up, you have to drink beer" -Arnold

Adopted Bronco:
    Josh McDaniels Sucks

Quote Originally Posted by SeeingRed View Post
    Hell at 15 I was already smokin pot out of coke cans and apples.

My whole issue with all of this is it basically boils down to common sense. If you don't like the words that some people say, we have an ignore button or you can make the choice to not read that thread.

If in the event that curse words are allowed, people better man up and not report posts left and right. I like to curse and drop the f-bomb a lot, but that doesn't mean I'm going to do it here if curse words are allowed. I may drop an f-bomb occasionally when I get heated about something, but for the most part I'll stick to my guns and only say ****, *****, etc.
    I think anyone who has ever been in the Military uses the F Bomb as a staple...................... It saves so much time, cause it describes so many things, and noone ever ****'s up the termanology.

Quote Originally Posted by claymore View Post
    I think anyone who has ever been in the Military uses the F Bomb as a staple...................... It saves so much time, cause it describes so many things, and noone ever ****'s up the termanology.
    Yea, you military types could learn a lot from the IT world, acronyms like SNAFU and FUBAR'd makes for quick and easy ways to communicate.

Joking aside, these are some of the things that must be decided. Are some of those military and commonly used acronyms, ok?

Adopted Bronco:
    Bob Howsam

Quote Originally Posted by tnedator View Post

Talking smack - The world would be a better place without it.

The only thing the world would be better off without is Ann Coulter, apparently.

Adopted Bronco:
    Bob Howsam

Red you missed a heck of a day. A bunch of noobs showed up, it was terrible..............
    The shitty thing about it is I work from 1am-1pm Eastern time and sleep from about 5pm-midnight eastern time, so I miss out on a lot.

Adopted Bronco:
    Josh McDaniels Sucks

Yea, you military types could learn a lot from the IT world, acronyms like SNAFU and FUBAR'd makes for quick and easy ways to communicate.

Joking aside, these are some of the things that must be decided. Are some of those military and commonly used acronyms, ok?
    I think so, but then again, if my 10 year old can say it, Im not too offended.

Dont get me wrong, my kids dont know fubared, but they might tomorrow. If they came up and told me the lawn was fubar'd, I myself consider it a technical term......... And would pat them on the back for such a technical observation,

but that is me./

Adopted Bronco:
    Bob Howsam

I use SNAFU and FUBAR a lot.

For the folks here who are unfamiliar with those terms...

SNAFU = Something normal all 'fouled' up

FUBAR = f-ed up beyond all recognition

Adopted Bronco:
    Josh McDaniels Sucks

The shitty thing about it is I work from 1am-1pm Eastern time and sleep from about 5pm-midnight eastern time, so I miss out on a lot.
    You just got done with Breakfast didnt you? I love a military breakfast.........

Adopted Bronco:
    Bob Howsam

I think so, but then again, if my 10 year old can say it, Im not too offended.

Dont get me wrong, my kids dont know fubared, but they might tomorrow. If they came up and told me the lawn was fubar'd, I myself consider it a technical term......... And would pat them on the back for such a technical observation,

but that is me./
    I've my son came up to me and said something was FUBAR, I'd laugh and reply with "good game, son"

Adopted Bronco:
    Josh McDaniels Sucks

I've my son came up to me and said something was FUBAR, I'd laugh and reply with "good game, son"
    TYup, and if they called the new kid at school the FNG, i would cry...........

Adopted Bronco:
    Bob Howsam

You just got done with Breakfast didnt you? I love a military breakfast.........
    I skipped breakfast today. I slept in an extra half hour to make up for staying up a little later to watch football last night.

But yeah, it's 1030 here right now and I got to work about 0830ish. I had to chew my troop's arse thismorning, so I showed up WAY early.

Adopted Bronco:
    Josh McDaniels Sucks

I skipped breakfast today. I slept in an extra half hour to make up for staying up a little later to watch football last night.

But yeah, it's 1030 here right now and I got to work about 0830ish. I had to chew my troop's arse thismorning, so I showed up WAY early.
    What he do?

Adopted Bronco:
    Bob Howsam

What he do?
    Failed a Quality Assurance evaluation.

Just because there are adults on the board doesn't make cursing right. We have a lot of young members, and I personally don't like seeing curse words on the board.

If that's your only form of expression, then it's pretty sad.
    "Women are meant to be loved, not to be understood." Oscar Wilde

Add me on Facebook!

Quote Originally Posted by Kapaibro View Post
    Just because there are adults on the board doesn't make cursing right. We have a lot of young members, and I personally don't like seeing curse words on the board.

If that's your only form of expression, then it's pretty sad.
    What about cursing Via PM?
    You seem to do a good job of that.
    @Tnedator

RIP DARRENT WILLIAMS
    RIP DAMIEN NASH
    RIP BFC
    RIP Sneakers the Cat

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information