Page 21 of 34 FirstFirst ... 11 19 20 21 22 23 31 ... LastLast

Thread: Town Hall Discussion: Feedback wanted on rules, moderation, banning procedures, etc.

Adopted Bronco:

Quote Originally Posted by tnedator View Post
    Two sides to every point. For instance, when the 'say anything' thread was started, some existing members said, "we have a cafe thread that is for this kind of discussions" and the response was, "well our is much better than that".

I'm not saying creating the threads were wrong. I think it's silly to complain about someone creating a duplicate chat thread, but at the same time, through lack of understanding or caring, it did 'appear' to be a lack of respect for the current broncosforums traditions.

So, like I say, I find the animosity irritating, but it's not like there is no basis on both sides for it. Which is why I posted this thread early on, which I don't know if you read.

http://broncosforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=7149
    I remember that and I thought it made great points. But in the broad scope of things...did it solve anything? The intention was great and you can only do so much, but it sometimes feels like the simple thoughts it points out are just ignored by many.

Adopted Bronco:

Quote Originally Posted by SeeingRed View Post
    Yet another reason why SeeingRed does not endorse the board of advisors.
    I agree. If it's not going to be an equally represented committee, then it makes no sense to have it at all until the animosity is gone. I guess it would be different if this site had been around for a long time, but being that it was in it's infancy when it was immediately injected with dozens of Freaks...maybe some changes need to happen. Just a thought

Adopted Bronco:
    Mike Leach

Quote Originally Posted by CoachChaz View Post
    I love tned too, and I understand miracles don't happen overnight. Ultimately, my point is that we were all told that EVERY MEMBER HAS EQUAL SAY IN WHAT CHANGES HAPPEN HERE. Then when I propose a change, I am rebuked and slandered by people represented by the original members.

All I'm saying is that if thi sanimosity exists...and it appears that I'm not the only one that sees it...there can not be equal say in anything.
    You remember what it was like for new members back on the Freak. We would not have been as accomodating. Give it some more time. Work on personal relationships first before we take over............uhhh....I mean.....crap.

Patience is a virtue.
    Quote Originally Posted by Benetto View Post
    Orton can't single left handedly ruin everything on O.
    We didn't lose the game; we just ran out of time. - Vince Lombardi

"I make mistakes, I am out of control and at times hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best."
    — Marilyn Monroe

Quote Originally Posted by pnbronco View Post
    dang it go drink some Fireball and find your own dang chicken....

Adopted Bronco:

Quote Originally Posted by frauschieze View Post
    You remember what it was like for new members back on the Freak. We would not have been as accomodating. Give it some more time. Work on personal relationships first before we take over............uhhh....I mean.....crap.

Patience is a virtue.
    Was it right how we sometimes treated new members on the Freak?

Adopted Bronco:
    Josh McDaniels Sucks

I love tned too, and I understand miracles don't happen overnight. Ultimately, my point is that we were all told that EVERY MEMBER HAS EQUAL SAY IN WHAT CHANGES HAPPEN HERE. Then when I propose a change, I am rebuked and slandered by people represented by the original members.

All I'm saying is that if thi sanimosity exists...and it appears that I'm not the only one that sees it...there can not be equal say in anything.
    I think animosity is the wrong word. We are noobs here and it is what it is. 6Months from now things will be different.

What would we have done if 30, 60, 90 members from Orange mane came over to the Freak? We would all be banned probably.

We have very different personalities than most of the original Forums posters. And we need more time under our belt before we have a member chosen for a "leadership" position here.

Even then we may be unhappy, what if some of the "Freaks" get chosen that already have a grudge against me, you, Niner, MB etc...... gets chosen????

Just saying we need more time. The original members run this board, but I have not seen any prefrence towards original members. I have had several posts deleted, but have deserved it. Ben used to clean up after me when I did wrong at the Freak as well, and appreciated it.
    Thanks MO for the wicked Sig.

6. The Following 7 Users High Fived claymore For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Bob Howsam

One site I'm on, DFWStangs.net, has a tradition of verbally hazing all new members. It's quite comical.
    "Milk is for babies. When you grow up, you have to drink beer" -Arnold

I love you new guys...SeeingRed too. Warts, freckles, farts and all.

9. The Following User High Fived Mike For This Post:

SR

Adopted Bronco:
    Bob Howsam

Quote Originally Posted by LDB View Post
    I love you new guys...SeeingRed too. Warts, freckles, farts and all.

LOL! I'm not a ginger! No freckles!

Adopted Bronco:
    Mike Leach

No, it wasn't. And that was my point. It smacks of hypocrisy to expect differently than you would have given in the past. We are both guilty of that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Benetto View Post
    Orton can't single left handedly ruin everything on O.
    We didn't lose the game; we just ran out of time. - Vince Lombardi

"I make mistakes, I am out of control and at times hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best."
    — Marilyn Monroe

Quote Originally Posted by pnbronco View Post
    dang it go drink some Fireball and find your own dang chicken....

12. The Following 4 Users High Fived frauschieze For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by SeeingRed View Post
    LOL! I'm not a ginger! No freckles!
    But I bet you have warts. Coach told me about them.

Adopted Bronco:
    Bob Howsam

Quote Originally Posted by LDB View Post
    But I bet you have warts. Coach told me about them.
    Coach doesn't know. Ask beef.

Adopted Bronco:

Quote Originally Posted by frauschieze View Post
    No, it wasn't. And that was my point. It smacks of hypocrisy to expect differently than you would have given in the past. We are both guilty of that.
    I agree...does that mean it was right or that we should expect it or continue to do it here?

Adopted Bronco:
    Brandon Stokley

Personally, I think it's quite obvious that I could care less what anyone thinks of me and the point I was trying to make. I intended on making it all public until I was PM'd by mods, who sometimes had a different tone and perspective in those PM's than they did in the public forum. I had no control over that.
    This will get you nowhere!

You don't care what anyone thinks of you, yet you come with an argument that everyone else should care about your feelings or wants/ideas?

I'm not saying you should bend over backward, No one should have to do that. But if you come with the attitude, I could care less if anyone likes me or my ideas, most members will do just that.

Ultimately the point came down to this being a segregated forum at the moment. That thread was a great example. Former Freaks either stood beside me or stayed away. Former Maniacs felt compelled to defend their fearless leaders and attack me as well. The bottome line with it all is no matter what anyone says, there is animosity between MOST of the original members here and the new people from the Freak.

There is some segregation, but I don't see it in the more serious forums, I respect a lot of the freaks, You can tell right off when someone has something to offer to the discussion. It seems some of the freaks would rather just fool around then talk about the discussion, more times then not it's funny and I get a kick out of it. But I can see why the thread starter would take offense, they feel like their thread has been hijacked, sometimes it seems on purpose.

That is not just a freak thing either. I see that as just the difference in why people come here.

There is also the defending of friends,, The freaks stick up for each other, as do the originals. But I have stuck up for friends against originals, so that is also not just a freaks VS originals, instead its just the nature of any message board.

In general, I don't like to see anyone made fun of. Some things are important to some members, yet there seen as dumb to other members. IMO we as a group should respect each other. We don't have to agree and we have the right to voice our disagreement, However there is a difference between disagreeing and posting just to make fun of a member because of their point of view.

A good example is how Cleveland Rocks was treated in a couple threads. He was getting bashed/made fun of for his point of view. Most the people making fun of him were former freaks. Most the original members didn't totally agree with his point of view but they were sticking up for him none the less, just because they didn't agree with the way he was being treated.

I want to point out that not all the new members/freaks were making fun of him. Some did in their own way stick up for him. Its just the nature of the beast I guess. The members that are used to that sort of thing don't see a problem with making fun of people, Those like me who disagree with it, like the old way's where you never seen that here.

We all have to get along and coexist together. Both sides will have to except some change from what their used too. Six months from now, there will no longer be, Freaks vs Originals. People will still segregate with the group that best fits them as with any board. Such is life.

I want to point something out, I have openly disagreed with many members here, Freaks and Originals. Yet I have never been sent a PM from the mods, telling me to cool it or respect others. I have found we have a lot of freedom here. IMO it just comes down to how you come across with your disagreement

Asked at what point would it be in the best interest of the team to trade Cutler, McDaniels answered: "Never." Nice to see your a man of your word Josh

17. The Following 3 Users High Fived fcspikeit For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

When does the redundancy quit. My god, can't we just move on and make this our home for everybody. if everybody would just leave this thread and start enjoying the board this stuff just might go away. But to repeat the same thing day in and ay out just gets old. Let's just everybody start having some fun and if there are any issues take them to the town hall place and debate it there.

I've stayed away for a few days for the most part hoping to come back and see that everybody just kind of let it all go by. But my god nothing is being accomplished any more in this thread. It's a great site, let's make it better and everybody just have some fun and deal with an issue as it comes up.

Just my opinion, of course.
    BOOM GOES THE DYNAMITE

19. The Following 8 Users High Fived Bronco9798 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip, Demaryius, Derek, Shane, Von,

Quote Originally Posted by Bronco9798 View Post
    When does the redundancy quit. My god, can't we just move on and make this our home for everybody. if everybody would just leave this thread and start enjoying the board this stuff just might go away. But to repeat the same thing day in and ay out just gets old. Let's just everybody start having some fun and if there are any issues take them to the town hall place and debate it there.

I've stayed away for a few days for the most part hoping to come back and see that everybody just kind of let it all go by. But my god nothing is being accomplished any more in this thread. It's a great site, let's make it better and everybody just have some fun and deal with an issue as it comes up.

Just my opinion, of course.
    Great post -

Thanks to MasterShake for my great signature
    Rest in Peace - Demaryius (88) - Darrent (27) - Damien (29) - Kenny (11)
    #7 - JOHN - #44 - FLOYD - #80 - ROD
    THIS ONES FOR JOHN
    WOULD YOU RATHER WIN UGLY, OR LOSE PRETTY?

21. The Following User High Fived Denver Native (Carol) For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information