Page 20 of 34 FirstFirst ... 10 18 19 20 21 22 30 ... LastLast

Thread: Town Hall Discussion: Feedback wanted on rules, moderation, banning procedures, etc.

Adopted Bronco:
    Bob Howsam

Quote Originally Posted by claymore View Post
    You can say astrik.
    At least I can spell asterisk. Tard. But, if we didn't have a set of overly restrictive language filters in place, you would've known which word I typed.
    "Milk is for babies. When you grow up, you have to drink beer" -Arnold

Adopted Bronco:

Quote Originally Posted by SeeingRed View Post
    You're a Texan. How could I not be cool?

You guys came over here and brought life to this board. I'll always have a hard time figuring out why anyone would have any kind of ill feelings towards y'all.

But then again, I still don't understand why we're not allowed to say ****.
    If I'm wrong, then tell me, but am I the only one that notices that most of the conversations stay true to cliques? Do any of the arguments or disagreements not typically involve an Original and a former Freak?

I'm not saying we should ALL be best friends right from the start, but I do see the animosity.

As far as my point in the "Se la vie" thread that was bashed...all the crap I got and ultimately, this was said...

"Hopefully, between the publicity about the Town Hall process that this thread brought to it, discussions like your poll thread, and looking into doing a better job of notifying people of Town Hall discussions to get better participation, we will improve some of those processes."

Was my argument so far off if this is what it resulted in?

Adopted Bronco:
    Bob Howsam

Quote Originally Posted by tnedator View Post
    we don't know where the landmines are yet.
    Um. Claymore? The name didn't give you a hint?

Quote Originally Posted by CoachChaz View Post
    It's not my intention to create any segregation, just to acknowledge that it does exist. I'm cool with those that prefer to stay out of the politics of things. I stand on the limb by myself. I just call it like I see it. With the exception of a few people...just read some threads and you'll see that most (not all) conversations take place with Originals talking to Originals and Freaks talking with Freaks.

I will never disagree that this is a great site and that tned does a great job. I'm simply saying that if we truly want proper representation, the animosity has to cease. Until then, nothing changes.
    Agreed nearly 100%.

Just a heads up, some of the segregation in threads/discussions happened because of what each group was used to. For instance, here we had a 'cafe' thread, which is where general BS took place, kind of like your drunk or say anything threads on the freak. When you guys came over, you immediately created duplicates of your threads, and started posting in those, whether it be the say anything thread, new pic thread, etc. Some of our members said, "wtf, we have a cafe thread, why do they need their own, we have a pic thread, why do they need their own?" This was simply a case that one, each side was used to their threads (including their names for them) and two, you guys coming in didn't know where our 'say anything, aka cafe' thread was.

In Broncos Talk, things are far more segregated, because there we are all focusing on specific things, rather than earch of our versions of 'talking around the cooler'.

What we need to do is just keep working on remembering we are now ONE group, and focus on having fun together and not focusing on our small differences.

5. The Following User High Fived Tned For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Bob Howsam

If I'm wrong, then tell me, but am I the only one that notices that most of the conversations stay true to cliques? Do any of the arguments or disagreements not typically involve an Original and a former Freak?

I'm not saying we should ALL be best friends right from the start, but I do see the animosity.

As far as my point in the "Se la vie" thread that was bashed...all the crap I got and ultimately, this was said...

"Hopefully, between the publicity about the Town Hall process that this thread brought to it, discussions like your poll thread, and looking into doing a better job of notifying people of Town Hall discussions to get better participation, we will improve some of those processes."

That thread created a lot of animosity between a lot of people. I had someone who I've been tight with for quite some time dating back to Broncomania tell me that if cussing is so important that I should take my posting elsewhere.

I've voiced my opinion on caught plenty of flack for it. I don't like the advisory board. The restrictions we have suck. It was fine for a while, but it's getting out of hand.

You made a lot of good points in that thread and it wasn't right for anyone to react with harshness and/or snide remarks, but it happened.

7. The Following User High Fived SR For This Post:

Many of your points were excellant, but your presentation was crap. Meaning, stating we are hypocrites, intentionally ignored freak input, only kept voting open for a weekend in a hidden forum, etc. might have been good for shock value, but weren't accurate.

So, as I said in an earlier post, you had some great points, but they were surrounded by sensational and accusatory rhetoric, which ALWAYS makes some people immediately ignore the good points, because the accusatory statements put them on the defensive. It's just a fact of life.

9. The Following User High Fived Tned For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:

Agreed nearly 100%.

Just a heads up, some of the segregation in threads/discussions happened because of what each group was used to. For instance, here we had a 'cafe' thread, which is where general BS took place, kind of like your drunk or say anything threads on the freak. When you guys came over, you immediately created duplicates of your threads, and started posting in those, whether it be the say anything thread, new pic thread, etc. Some of our members said, "wtf, we have a cafe thread, why do they need their own, we have a pic thread, why do they need their own?" This was simply a case that one, each side was used to their threads (including their names for them) and two, you guys coming in didn't know where our 'say anything, aka cafe' thread was.

In Broncos Talk, things are far more segregated, because there we are all focusing on specific things, rather than earch of our versions of 'talking around the cooler'.

What we need to do is just keep working on remembering we are now ONE group, and focus on having fun together and not focusing on our small differences.
    The immediate creation of "Freak threads" was something I noticed as well, and the immediate insurgance of Freaks to this site was a bit overwhelming, I'm sure. We can't expect miracles, but a few weeks after all this happens and there is still alot of animosity. The best proof I have on personal experience is all the grief I got when I disputed the system. It was only originals that bashed me. Any Freaks that approached me did so with a cool voice, but it felt like many originals used me as a sounding board for their own animosity towards what has happened here the last few weeks.

Adopted Bronco:
    Mike Leach

This is a difficult situation, in that a large group of close-knit members came across at one time and you guys know each other well, but to us, we are still learning who's who. So, even if we wanted to put someone on the advisory board, or as mod to represent this new, large group, how do we know who? I have been PM'd by a number of people from the freak who said xxxx would make a great mod, but xxxx hasn't always been the same person. How do I know which xxxxx is the right person if we were adding a new mod? You can say, "just ask, we will tell you", but the reality is, who do I ask. You guys have/had your own personal frictions and cliques, and we don't know where the landmines are yet.
    Dear Tned,

The answer is you ask me.

Love,
    Cheese

P.S. Do not believe all that those PMs you've been sent about me.....

In all fairness, this is a very good point and one I hadn't thought of yet. Thanks for pointing that out.
    Quote Originally Posted by Benetto View Post
    Orton can't single left handedly ruin everything on O.
    We didn't lose the game; we just ran out of time. - Vince Lombardi

"I make mistakes, I am out of control and at times hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best."
    — Marilyn Monroe

Quote Originally Posted by pnbronco View Post
    dang it go drink some Fireball and find your own dang chicken....

Adopted Bronco:

Many of your points were excellant, but your presentation was crap. Meaning, stating we are hypocrites, intentionally ignored freak input, only kept voting open for a weekend in a hidden forum, etc. might have been good for shock value, but weren't accurate.

So, as I said in an earlier post, you had some great points, but they were surrounded by sensational and accusatory rhetoric, which ALWAYS makes some people immediately ignore the good points, because the accusatory statements put them on the defensive. It's just a fact of life.
    I'm never going to sugar coat anything or wrap it in a bow. During that thread I had a few mods talk harshly to me on the thread, but use a different tone altogether in PM's. To me, that is hypocrisy. Is it my fault that others couldn't see it? I could have been disrespectful and posted the PM's publicly, but instead I went along. Those who were guilty of that knew who they were and are also the ones that never disputed the hypocrite definition with me. Sometimes the brush paints broader than it appears.

Adopted Bronco:
    Bob Howsam

I'm never going to sugar coat anything or wrap it in a bow. During that thread I had a few mods talk harshly to me on the thread, but use a different tone altogether in PM's. To me, that is hypocrisy. Is it my fault that others couldn't see it? I could have been disrespectful and posted the PM's publicly, but instead I went along. Those who were guilty of that knew who they were and are also the ones that never disputed the hypocrite definition with me. Sometimes the brush paints broader than it appears.
    I had one moderator say something rather harsh to me, then PM me and tell me he thought he was talking to you.

Adopted Bronco:

Quote Originally Posted by SeeingRed View Post
    I had one moderator say something rather harsh to me, then PM me and tell me he thought he was talking to you.
    Is that the type of person you want as a moderator? Just asking.

Adopted Bronco:
    Josh McDaniels Sucks

Coach it just needs more time. There isnt any other answer. Tned can be our rep. He loves us.
    Thanks MO for the wicked Sig.

The immediate creation of "Freak threads" was something I noticed as well, and the immediate insurgance of Freaks to this site was a bit overwhelming, I'm sure. We can't expect miracles, but a few weeks after all this happens and there is still alot of animosity. The best proof I have on personal experience is all the grief I got when I disputed the system. It was only originals that bashed me. Any Freaks that approached me did so with a cool voice, but it felt like many originals used me as a sounding board for their own animosity towards what has happened here the last few weeks.
    Two sides to every point. For instance, when the 'say anything' thread was started, some existing members said, "we have a cafe thread that is for this kind of discussions" and the response was, "well our is much better than that".

I'm not saying creating the threads were wrong. I think it's silly to complain about someone creating a duplicate chat thread, but at the same time, through lack of understanding or caring, it did 'appear' to be a lack of respect for the current broncosforums traditions.

So, like I say, I find the animosity irritating, but it's not like there is no basis on both sides for it. Which is why I posted this thread early on, which I don't know if you read.

http://broncosforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=7149

Adopted Bronco:

Quote Originally Posted by claymore View Post
    Coach it just needs more time. There isnt any other answer. Tned can be our rep. He loves us.
    I love tned too, and I understand miracles don't happen overnight. Ultimately, my point is that we were all told that EVERY MEMBER HAS EQUAL SAY IN WHAT CHANGES HAPPEN HERE. Then when I propose a change, I am rebuked and slandered by people represented by the original members.

All I'm saying is that if thi sanimosity exists...and it appears that I'm not the only one that sees it...there can not be equal say in anything.

Adopted Bronco:
    Bob Howsam

I love tned too, and I understand miracles don't happen overnight. Ultimately, my point is that we were all told that EVERY MEMBER HAS EQUAL SAY IN WHAT CHANGES HAPPEN HERE. Then when I propose a change, I am rebuked and slandered by people represented by the original members.

All I'm saying is that if thi sanimosity exists...and it appears that I'm not the only one that sees it...there can not be equal say in anything.
    Yet another reason why SeeingRed does not endorse the board of advisors.

19. The Following User High Fived SR For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information