Page 19 of 34 FirstFirst ... 9 17 18 19 20 21 29 ... LastLast

Thread: Town Hall Discussion: Feedback wanted on rules, moderation, banning procedures, etc.

Adopted Bronco:

Quote Originally Posted by Jody View Post
    In all honesty Coach, you haven't been on this board long enough to see just how much has come to fruition, and there's been lots and lots of changes here since August.

And no, it's not like the U.S. Government, because if it were....you'd never get a response.

Would you like some cheese with that whine?
    A completed expected response from a member of the "in" crowd.

2. The Following User High Fived CoachChaz For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:

Quote Originally Posted by TXBRONC View Post
    That's not true. Modifications that we have made have come from feedback from general population of Broncos Forums. However, that doesn't mean by any stretch that everything requested is going come to fruition.
    Yet another one missing a point based on lack of insight into my conversations with tned.

Adopted Bronco:
    Brandon Stokley

Quote Originally Posted by CoachChaz View Post
    Yet another one missing a point based on lack of insight into my conversations with tned.
    If you want to discus a point with Tned, you should do it in a PM. Instead of posting it in a members feedback thread.

when you decide to bring your discussion to the rest of the members, You can't expect everyone to know the details of your privet discussions. You can however expect others to reply to the statement you made as they understood it.

When someone feels they have something to say, The burden of getting their point across rest's on the shoulders of the member trying to make the point.

You can blame the reader all you want, but if all they hear is, "I have no say hear" maybe you should change your method of delivery?

Asked at what point would it be in the best interest of the team to trade Cutler, McDaniels answered: "Never." Nice to see your a man of your word Josh

5. The Following 2 Users High Fived fcspikeit For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

Based on what you posted I didn't miss the point.

7. The Following User High Fived TXBRONC For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:

Quote Originally Posted by fcspikeit View Post
    If you want to discus a point with Tned, you should do it in a PM. Instead of posting it in a members feedback thread.

when you decide to bring your discussion to the rest of the members, You can't expect everyone to know the details of your privet discussions. You can however expect others to reply to the statement you made as they understood it.

When someone feels they have something to say, The burden of getting their point across rest's on the shoulders of the member trying to make the point.

You can blame the reader all you want, but if all they hear is, "I have no say hear" maybe you should change your method of delivery?
    Personally, I think it's quite obvious that I could care less what anyone thinks of me and the point I was trying to make. I intended on making it all public until I was PM'd by mods, who sometimes had a different tone and perspective in those PM's than they did in the public forum. I had no control over that.

Ultimately the point came down to this being a segregated forum at the moment. That thread was a great example. Former Freaks either stood beside me or stayed away. Former Maniacs felt compelled to defend their fearless leaders and attack me as well. The bottome line with it all is no matter what anyone says, there is animosity between MOST of the original members here and the new people from the Freak.

Another good example of that is how vehemently the idea of adding a former Freak to the Advisory Committee is immediately shot down by MOST originals. Pay attention and open your eyes. If you don't want to see it you never will, but it exists.

Adopted Bronco:
    Bob Howsam

No animosity towards the freaks here...
    "Milk is for babies. When you grow up, you have to drink beer" -Arnold

Adopted Bronco:
    Peyton Hillis...always

Personally, I think it's quite obvious that I could care less what anyone thinks of me and the point I was trying to make. I intended on making it all public until I was PM'd by mods, who sometimes had a different tone and perspective in those PM's than they did in the public forum. I had no control over that.

Ultimately the point came down to this being a segregated forum at the moment. That thread was a great example. Former Freaks either stood beside me or stayed away. Former Maniacs felt compelled to defend their fearless leaders and attack me as well. The bottome line with it all is no matter what anyone says, there is animosity between MOST of the original members here and the new people from the Freak.
    Another good example of that is how vehemently the idea of adding a former Freak to the Advisory Committee is immediately shot down by MOST originals. Pay attention and open your eyes. If you don't want to see it you never will, but it exists.
    The only reason for any animosity between original members and the Freaks are how many presented themselves here. Respect for the original members and a slow integration of the Freaks would've worked out better. JMO.
    "When we lose the right to be different, we lose the privilege to be free"
    ~Charles Evans Hughes~

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

No reason to break us into groups any more really. We're all on the same site now. I'm personally glad to be away from the other place now.
    BOOM GOES THE DYNAMITE

12. The Following 4 Users High Fived Bronco9798 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Bob Howsam

Quote Originally Posted by broncogirl7 View Post
    The only reason for any animosity between original members and the Freaks are how many presented themselves here. Respect for the original members and a slow integration of the Freaks would've worked out better. JMO.
    Anyone with any animosity towards the freaks is retarded. You guys presented yourselves fine and, for the most part, we all get along. If anything, the only animosity I saw when you guys came over here was from other Freaks towards you. Just sayin.

14. The Following User High Fived SR For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:

It's not my intention to create any segregation, just to acknowledge that it does exist. I'm cool with those that prefer to stay out of the politics of things. I stand on the limb by myself. I just call it like I see it. With the exception of a few people...just read some threads and you'll see that most (not all) conversations take place with Originals talking to Originals and Freaks talking with Freaks.

I will never disagree that this is a great site and that tned does a great job. I'm simply saying that if we truly want proper representation, the animosity has to cease. Until then, nothing changes.

16. The Following User High Fived CoachChaz For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:

Quote Originally Posted by SeeingRed View Post
    Anyone with any animosity towards the freaks is retarded. You guys presented yourselves fine and, for the most part, we all get along. If anything, the only animosity I saw when you guys came over here was from other Freaks towards you. Just sayin.
    Bro, you are one of the few that has been cool since day one. If everyone was accepting, I think things would be better.

Trust me, I look at the big picture on this and not just how people feel about me. I say crude things, make a stance, defend my position, get an admission to my point from "powers that be" and I'm still crucified by original members.

There will always be an animosity towards me.

Adopted Bronco:
    Josh McDaniels Sucks

It's not my intention to create any segregation, just to acknowledge that it does exist. I'm cool with those that prefer to stay out of the politics of things. I stand on the limb by myself. I just call it like I see it. With the exception of a few people...just read some threads and you'll see that most (not all) conversations take place with Originals talking to Originals and Freaks talking with Freaks.

I will never disagree that this is a great site and that tned does a great job. I'm simply saying that if we truly want proper representation, the animosity has to cease. Until then, nothing changes.
    Standard segregation. Just like chow halls. People sit with those that they relate with. Eventually we will all meld together. It takes time to build freindships, if we were all new, and didnt have many friends that came with us, we would try to integrate a little harder.
    Thanks MO for the wicked Sig.

19. The Following 4 Users High Fived claymore For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Bob Howsam

Bro, you are one of the few that has been cool since day one. If everyone was accepting, I think things would be better.

Trust me, I look at the big picture on this and not just how people feel about me. I say crude things, make a stance, defend my position, get an admission to my point from "powers that be" and I'm still crucified by original members.

There will always be an animosity towards me.
    You're a Texan. How could I not be cool?

You guys came over here and brought life to this board. I'll always have a hard time figuring out why anyone would have any kind of ill feelings towards y'all.

But then again, I still don't understand why we're not allowed to say ****.

Adopted Bronco:
    Josh McDaniels Sucks

Quote Originally Posted by SeeingRed View Post
    You're a Texan. How could I not be cool?

You guys came over here and brought life to this board. I'll always have a hard time figuring out why anyone would have any kind of ill feelings towards y'all.

But then again, I still don't understand why we're not allowed to say ****.
    You can say astrik.
    Thanks MO for the wicked Sig.

I think in reality it is a small number of the original members, and from what I can tell, a small number of new members, aka freaks, that have animosity towards each other.

Virtually all of that has to do with change. People don't like change. Some of our exsiting members have been uncomfortable with the rapid changes we have made to make you guys feel at home. Some of them were already in the works, but since they were either rushed or coincided with your arrival, they are seen as accomodations to the new guys.

On the flip side, some freaks, not most, but some, have come on a bit strong in terms of "the way we did it on the freak was better, you guys need to change", which naturally causes members who think our way was good to get defensive.

The key is how we work together to 'evolve' the forum over time to make sure it is always representing the vast majority of the members. Evolving it so that rules and features are in line with what 80-90% want, even if the 5-10% on either fringe aren't happy. It is impossible to please everyone, because virtually every single per has different 'opinions' as to what is correct.

I would be willing to bet that there was plenty of disagreement among members of broncosfreak over how certain things should be done. The fact that it was a far older community, and people became accustomed to the 'freak' way over time, might have minimized it some, but I would guarantee that there were strong differences of opinions. When that occurs, who's do you follow?

I believe, but can't speak for all, that this has to do with getting to know people. There isn't a direct comparison, but if I were to go over to the freak, and was there for only 1, 2 or 3 weeks and said, "I should be a mod, or possibly admin) and you barely knew me, my posting habits, or if I would still be posting on the message board in 1 week or 1 month, would you vote or be in favior of making me the site admin? Making me a mod? That was a rhetorical question, because we all know the answer is no.

This is a difficult situation, in that a large group of close-knit members came across at one time and you guys know each other well, but to us, we are still learning who's who. So, even if we wanted to put someone on the advisory board, or as mod to represent this new, large group, how do we know who? I have been PM'd by a number of people from the freak who said xxxx would make a great mod, but xxxx hasn't always been the same person. How do I know which xxxxx is the right person if we were adding a new mod? You can say, "just ask, we will tell you", but the reality is, who do I ask. You guys have/had your own personal frictions and cliques, and we don't know where the landmines are yet.

Beyond that, what I would say is that you have made some GREAT points, and I personally, am very glad you have taken the time to make them. The downside is that along the way you have wrapped some of the great points in sesnsational/accusatory language (ala, Jesse Jackson -- some goodpoints surrounded by sensationalistic rhetoric), which naturally is going to put some people on the defensive.

What we need to do now is focus on the good points, and work to make this a place that is in line with the 'wants' of the 80-90%, and that hopefully the 10-20% on the fringe can still enjoy, even if it isn't a crude or prudish a site as they would like.

23. The Following 7 Users High Fived Tned For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information