Page 16 of 34 FirstFirst ... 6 14 15 16 17 18 26 ... LastLast

Thread: Town Hall Discussion: Feedback wanted on rules, moderation, banning procedures, etc.

I like that idea.
    I keep trying to get banned but Topscribe keeps giving me warnings.

But that is a good idea.

I'm going to read the last few pages of this thread and see what I missed.
    @Tnedator

RIP DARRENT WILLIAMS
    RIP DAMIEN NASH
    RIP BFC
    RIP Sneakers the Cat

Adopted Bronco:
    Stokley, Miller, Wolfe

Quote Originally Posted by Jody View Post
    I agree. In addition, I think this should be placed in a forum of it's own where it is listed as an example:

Banned Members:
    "Jody" Banned - 3 days - for profanity

This is closed for comments or questions. It is not allowed to be discussed in the town hall feedback sections. It's open, it's honest, it informs everyone of why and how long they will be gone, and everytime someone gets their hand slapped, it should definitely not become 2-3 days or more days of juvenile discussion, debate, and further ridicule of fellow members who post within those types of threads and get upset. Perhaps this is not the exact solution, but I think it's a start.

I loved your idea, dog.
    Good idea Jody, I like it.

Adopted Bronco:
    Stokley, Miller, Wolfe

Quote Originally Posted by tnedator View Post
    I don't know, but even if I and others, wanted to chase off all our younger members (which I thnk would be a real shame), considering the time and money I am already putting into this site, I don't want to try and push the line to the point I have to get legal council to know what is going to keep me out of legal trouble.

This isn't a money maker for me, it is a money pit. I don't have ads up, I have ads other places pointing here. I don't want to put myself in the position of having to get legal opinions because we are straddling the line.
    Tned, thank you so much for creating this board. I have gotten hours of enjoyment from it (probably too many). I think the quality of this board is a great tribute to you and all those that helped you start it. All of you have my deep appreciation.

Adopted Bronco:
    Baron Browning, Jaleel McLaughlin

Quote Originally Posted by pnbronco View Post
    Good idea Jody, I like it.

what, you like the idea of banning jody for profanity?

“When we do find that guy, we’ve got to have the continuity on the offensive side to where we can train him and develop him and get him there. This is our fourth offense in probably three or four years. Quarterbacks need to be developed. You don’t find one ready-made. We got to have a solid system in place for when we do go after whatever guy it may be, a young guy or a trade or whatnot.”
    - John Elway

Adopted Bronco:
    Stokley, Miller, Wolfe

Quote Originally Posted by dogfish View Post

Yeah dogfish her dog scares me.

Boy try to give a person credit for a good idea and see what happens...

Actually, I think that Jody should be banned for being a dog owner.

I would never be banned for profanity, dog....you know that.

Hmmmm.....what would I be banned for exactly?

Politics most likely. Loving dogs.

Adopted Bronco:
    Josh McDaniels Sucks

I agree. In addition, I think this should be placed in a forum of it's own where it is listed as an example:

Banned Members:
    "Jody" Banned - 3 days - for profanity

This is closed for comments or questions. It is not allowed to be discussed in the town hall feedback sections. It's open, it's honest, it informs everyone of why and how long they will be gone, and everytime someone gets their hand slapped, it should definitely not become 2-3 days or more days of juvenile discussion, debate, and further ridicule of fellow members who post within those types of threads and get upset. Perhaps this is not the exact solution, but I think it's a start.

I loved your idea, dog.
    Another thing I saw along these lines was that the signature of the infracted user was changed to "Banned Explanation........... # of days etc" in big red letters. But that was awesome you knew right away.

Adopted Bronco:
    All of 'em

I would never be banned for profanity, dog....you know that.

Hmmmm.....what would I be banned for exactly?

Politics most likely. Loving dogs.
    Hey Jody, how ya doin? I haven't seen ya for a day or two.
    Merry.

Quote Originally Posted by Day1BroncoFan View Post
    Hey Jody, how ya doin? I haven't seen ya for a day or two.
    Doing great, Day1, thanks! We had a 40-degree day or two....got a little spring fever I guess...been pretty busy. How about you? Been behaving? You've been posting more frequently than ever before I see....and getting your feathers ruffled more than I've ever seen before....careful not to become a potential ban victim. You must love dogs too?

Quote Originally Posted by claymore View Post
    Another thing I saw along these lines was that the signature of the infracted user was changed to "Banned Explanation........... # of days etc" in big red letters. But that was awesome you knew right away.
    I like that idea even better, cm.

Adopted Bronco:
    All of 'em

Doing great, Day1, thanks! We had a 40-degree day or two....got a little spring fever I guess...been pretty busy. How about you? Been behaving? You've been posting more frequently than ever before I see....and getting your feathers ruffled more than I've ever seen before....careful not to become a potential ban victim. You must love dogs too?
    Yup, I love dogs and cats and... well, the list goes on.

My feathers get ruffled sometimes. I just have to stop and wait for a new day and all is well.

40 degree days, I don't think it has gotten below that here yet this winter.
    Merry.

i also fail to see why animated gifs should be judged differently than still pictures, unless they're REALLY graphic. . . my opinion is that sexually SUGGESTIVE material should be tolerated, while sexually EXPLICIT material should not be. . .

one thing that i'm pretty much seing a consensus on is the smack forum, and i'm in agreement here-- things should be moderated a little more loosely there. . . not that people should be allowed to subvert the language filter, but i think mild insults and personal attacks that aren't acceptable elsewhere should be let slide in smack. . . if you can't handle "you're an idiot" and "how does a moron like you manage to tie his own shoes in the morning," then smack isn't the forum for you. . .

however, i do NOT think people should be able to engage in all-out flame wars that stretch over dozens of posts and become increasingly more personal. . . it's not that it bothers me so much, as it is that that junk can pretty much ruin an otherwise perfectly good thread. . . IMO, say whatcha gotta say and have done with, but there's nothing worrse than opening a thread and having to read through six pages of two knuckleheads going back and forth with "i know what you are, but what am i?"-- if they're so pissy and immature that they need to do that, start up a seperate thread rather than pollute one that other people might actually want to use for posting on the stated topic. . . when that stuff starts going on, IMO it should be okay for a mod to tell them "gte back ontopic or take it somewhere else, fellas"-- that's the kind of stuff that ends up dragging over into other forums. . .

and personally, i think smack should be pretty firmly restricted to the smack forum-- it's fine if YOU think smack belongs everywhere and is a part of life, but i come here mostly to have intelligent discussion about football, NOT to talk junk and run my mouth. . . there's no reason that stuff should be going on in the general discussions (broncos talk and other teams) forums. . . what's the point of having a seperate smack forum if it's open season everywhere?? some friendly banter between fans of different teams is okay, but remember-- what YOU think is "friendly," someone else may not take that way. . . instead of telling them to "lighten up" or "get thicker skin," why not just take it to the smack forum if you want to talk smack? otherwise, i need to push for the establishment of a "grown-up discussions only" forum. . .

maybe it's just me, but i like to go to the "other teams" forum and be able to have a semi-serious conversation about what the QB situation of the chiefs, browns, or any other team is going to be for next year, without it degenerating into a pissing match. . . at the very least, i think people should respect the thread starter if he or she specifically says "no smack in this thread" or something to that effect-- and i think the mods should be available to clean up such threads at the OP's request, if they feel the rules have been violated. .
    I see you have been starting at Lenin and Alba again...

Well at least the former rather than the latter. I suppose you can say that Lenin there is my idea of a sick joke (in fact it somewhat is). To discourage little boys from getting "happy" about Jessica - LOL. They get to stare at Lenin as well. Not so "happy" now are ya boy?! LOL

Well, back to that about other teams forum.

I generally agree with what you posted. However, I do not think that a Disclaimer should be needed at the start of every thread because in my experience when I post a Disclaimer it only makes them act up more.

I think the rules are pretty straightforwards. Smack goes into the Smack forum - that is all. No other place should ahve it. Other Teams (other than Broncos) should be discussed in the Other Teams forum - as it is now. I am sick and tired of people going into the Other Teams forum saying not to post Other Team news and to "go to your own board". Such statements are innapriate and constitute smack. If they have an issue with other fans posting on this board - they can take it up in the Smack Forum. Or with the Moderators...

I do not feel people should be forced into putting a disclaimer about what they are posting in the Other Teams forum because it is apparant what that forum is intended for. For discussing (non-smack) other teams.

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by Cleveland Rocks View Post
    I see you have been starting at Lenin and Alba again...

Well at least the former rather than the latter. I suppose you can say that Lenin there is my idea of a sick joke (in fact it somewhat is). To discourage little boys from getting "happy" about Jessica - LOL. They get to stare at Lenin as well. Not so "happy" now are ya boy?! LOL

Well, back to that about other teams forum.

I generally agree with what you posted. However, I do not think that a Disclaimer should be needed at the start of every thread because in my experience when I post a Disclaimer it only makes them act up more.

I think the rules are pretty straightforwards. Smack goes into the Smack forum - that is all. No other place should ahve it. Other Teams (other than Broncos) should be discussed in the Other Teams forum - as it is now. I am sick and tired of people going into the Other Teams forum saying not to post Other Team news and to "go to your own board". Such statements are innapriate and constitute smack. If they have an issue with other fans posting on this board - they can take it up in the Smack Forum. Or with the Moderators...

I do not feel people should be forced into putting a disclaimer about what they are posting in the Other Teams forum because it is apparant what that forum is intended for. For discussing (non-smack) other teams.
    I'm just totally confused by you. You want us to refrain from pointing out that the Browns haven't won a Championship in 43 years when you post something as absurd as the Browns losing their heritage for doing as little as changing their uniform.

Then, when it is pointed out and the Browns are called the "Brownies," which is apparently smack talk to you, you come crying to the mods and complaining about it being smack talk? You seriously need a thicker skin.

Make us look like the bad guys because we disagree with you. Everything was clean and should be taken in good fun. If you can't handle that, then I suggest you leave.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by MissouriBronc View Post
    I'm just totally confused by you. You want us to refrain from pointing out that the Browns haven't won a Championship in 43 years when you post something as absurd as the Browns losing their heritage for doing as little as changing their uniform.

Then, when it is pointed out and the Browns are called the "Brownies," which is apparently smack talk to you, you come crying to the mods and complaining about it being smack talk? You seriously need a thicker skin.

Make us look like the bad guys because we disagree with you. Everything was clean and should be taken in good fun. If you can't handle that, then I suggest you leave.
    Can somebody give MB a podium. I agree.
    BOOM GOES THE DYNAMITE

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information