Page 12 of 34 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 22 ... LastLast

Thread: Town Hall Discussion: Feedback wanted on rules, moderation, banning procedures, etc.

Adopted Bronco:
    Brandon Stokley

Getting back to the discussion on profanity,,

I know some here would say if you don't like it you can just ad so and so to your ignore list but this wont work for everyone, such as myself beings I run the pick'em league.

Just a thought,,,

Asked at what point would it be in the best interest of the team to trade Cutler, McDaniels answered: "Never." Nice to see your a man of your word Josh

Adopted Bronco:
    Bob Howsam

Well fortunately the pick 'ems are done in about a five weeks.
    "Milk is for babies. When you grow up, you have to drink beer" -Arnold

Adopted Bronco:
    Brandon Stokley

Quote Originally Posted by Jim View Post
    Well fortunately the pick 'ems are done in about a five weeks.
    My point is, anyone that is running this sort of thing can't ignore any members. Pick the draft will be coming pretty soon, And there is always the pick'em next year

Asked at what point would it be in the best interest of the team to trade Cutler, McDaniels answered: "Never." Nice to see your a man of your word Josh

Adopted Bronco:
    Bob Howsam

This board doesn't revolve around any single person. You have no more pull here than anyone else, so honestly, quit trying to get the board to be run to best suit YOU. It's irritating.
    "Milk is for babies. When you grow up, you have to drink beer" -Arnold

This board doesn't revolve around any single person. You have no more pull here than anyone else, so honestly, quit trying to get the board to be run to best suit YOU. It's irritating.
    My kinda comment...

Quote Originally Posted by fcspikeit View Post
    My point is, anyone that is running this sort of thing can't ignore any members. Pick the draft will be coming pretty soon, And there is always the pick'em next year
    I think fc has been talking for a number of people, not jsut himself. He has referred to him being unable to put people on ignore, simple as an example that telling people to put those that curse on ignore doesn't really work in all cases.

Adopted Bronco:
    Brandon Stokley

Really,

That's kind of funny coming from the person that has posted in this thread by far more then anyone else, who coincedently also said,

Quote Originally Posted by SeeingRed View Post
    I don't swear around my son or around people that are close to me that it bothers, but as far as I'm concerned, no one here is my son or someone that I'm close to.
    You clearly had the interest of everyone else in mind when you wrote that.

I take it your not trying to persuade the board to be run to best suit YOU? Or you just feel you should be the only one who is allowed to post multiple times here to get what you want?

I really hope you don't think the thought of you being irritated is going to keep me from posting? LOL

Adopted Bronco:
    Brandon Stokley

Quote Originally Posted by tnedator View Post
    I think fc has been talking for a number of people, not jsut himself. He has referred to him being unable to put people on ignore, simple as an example that telling people to put those that curse on ignore doesn't really work in all cases.
    Thank you!

That brings me to another question,, What do you feel about the mods posting their thoughts here? I know one who said it would be best that he not post because he's a mod. But IMO they are members as well and they should have equal say in what goes on here.

What is your thoughts on that?

Thank you!

That brings me to another question,, What do you feel about the mods posting their thoughts here? I know one who said it would be best that he not post because he's a mod. But IMO they are members as well and they should have equal say in what goes on here.

What is your thoughts on that?
    When we posted this Town Hall Discussion, we agreed that the mods and advisory board members would hold off a while to give everyone else an opportunity to give input, before we joined the discussion with our own ideas.

Top and I, and possibly others, have tried to clear up questions and misunderstanding, but not push our positions.

I would think here in the near future, all of the mods and board members will join the discussion.

Adopted Bronco:
    Brandon Stokley

When we posted this Town Hall Discussion, we agreed that the mods and advisory board members would hold off a while to give everyone else an opportunity to give input, before we joined the discussion with our own ideas.

Top and I, and possibly others, have tried to clear up questions and misunderstanding, but not push our positions.

I would think here in the near future, all of the mods and board members will join the discussion.
    Got yeah

IMO, the mods and advisory board have thankless jobs

It will be great to hear what they have to say on the matter. Common sense will prevail in the end. As long as I don't have to worry about my daughter nieces and nephews reading over my shoulder all is good

Adopted Bronco:
    Doom!

He's just offering his opinion.

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip, Demaryius, Derek, Shane, Von,

Getting back to the discussion on profanity,,

I know some here would say if you don't like it you can just ad so and so to your ignore list but this wont work for everyone, such as myself beings I run the pick'em league.

Just a thought,,,
    You are exactly correct. Ignore will not work for all.

Thanks to MasterShake for my great signature
    Rest in Peace - Demaryius (88) - Darrent (27) - Damien (29) - Kenny (11)
    #7 - JOHN - #44 - FLOYD - #80 - ROD
    THIS ONES FOR JOHN
    WOULD YOU RATHER WIN UGLY, OR LOSE PRETTY?

Adopted Bronco:
    Billy Thompson

Rules in general:
    • Are the rules as they are written now, on the mark, too strict, too loose?

I lean toward on the mark. Granted, I haven't been posting much here, but I have been reading posts to stay in touch.

Obscene Language/Profanity:
    • Where should the line be drawn in terms of what is or isn’t profanity?
    • What is or isn’t acceptable language to use?
    • Are terms like WTH or WTF ok?
    • What about people posting words that are caught by the profanity censor, or slightly altered to avoid the filter. Is it ok to post: The team played like *** or the team played like sh!t?
    • What level of language should actually be filtered, where should the line be drawn between what is ‘acceptable’ to most people, and what is profane?

Cursing is easy, and I love doing it in my daily life, but here I attempt to use my brain and think about my words and never just REACT to something. I expect, maybe unfairly, that everyone else does the same. I come back here and BM because I like the respect we treat each other with. There is so much raunch in the world...I like having a place where I can take a break from it. I think allowing *** for cursing is fine. Lord knows I use it sometimes.
    Sexually Explicit Images:
    • What images shouldn’t be allowed?
    • Nudity is a given, because this is not an adult-only site, but beyond that, where is the line drawn?
    • Are pics or women in bra and panties (Victoria Secret models) or bikinis ok? What about men in speedos?
    • A normal bikini bottom vs. a thong?

There are many different opinions about what is or isn’t acceptable, what is or isn’t sexually explicit. Where do you stand?

I may get flamed, but I don't care, bring the fire...NO T & A! No bouncing or heaving chests, NO thongs or bikini bottoms. Why? Because the female form has been objectified forever (it's called sexism) and I will always be vocal about it, because I'm sick of it. This isn't the place to get an erotic or sensual fix. There are plenty of other places on the web for that. Frankly, I feel very uncomfortable when there are avatars and sigs with thinly clad males or females. I'll try to explain to the guys how uncomfortable, weird, and unnecessary it is to come to a football forum, being predominantly male, to talk about the sport and see some of the thread discussions turn flirty, or someone is interested in seeing what I look like. Who cares what I look like? I don't see the guys asking for each other's pictures. Can't a girl go somewhere to talk sports and not be bombarded with images she sees everywhere else in our society? Can't she just be appreciated for what she knows and what she contributes to the forum?

Duck Before Entering/Smack:
    Should this forum be more loosely moderated than other forums? Should more flaming/personal attacks be allowed? The smack forum should be loose. Don't enter if you can't take it.

Banning:
    • The time will come, when we have to start banning members. There are multiple issues to consider and methods that this can happen.
    • The first issue related to banning is how strongly should the rules be enforced. Meaning, is it acceptable for people to repeatedly break the rules (posting profanity for instance) and simply have the moderators edit/delete posts, or should the rules be strictly enforced and those that break them should be suspended for x days?
    • At what point, in terms of breaking rules, should a person be suspended from the board. If they avoid the language filter once, or 10 times or 100 times?
    • Should banning be a formalized process, such as a system that might have two official warnings and then a suspension, possibly followed by a probation period, OR, should all bans be voted on by the 7 members advisory board, OR should suspensions/bans be determined by the moderators? Yes
    • On other message boards, few things have created as much controversy as banning, so this is something where we really need community feedback, in terms of how it should be done. I can't speak to this. I'll read what others have to say about this.

Infraction Point System:
    [LIST][*]Should we consider implementing an Infraction Point (IP) system, with publicly stated point values and suspension/banning/loss of privileges thresholds? I'll have to think about this.
    Thanks Mastershake!

Chica Ang - your above post is beautifully written and very eloquent. I understand what you are relaying and appreciate that full heartedly, especially being a lady myself and not really caring to see T&A on here either, but I do not, in any way, take it personal against me or against women in general (and I'm not suggesting that you do either).

I do not want to see the raunch in the avy's, because then I cannot get away from seeing them repeatedly, over and over. However, in their personal sigs, I feel differently about it. I can also uncheck the box for them to be seen!

I believe everyone on this board has an opportunity to have self-expression within their sig of images, quotations, whatever it is. Posters express what is important to them, such as contributions to a father who passed away or about their dog (who shall remain nameless), and then there are those guys AND GALS who would also like to have an image of the opposite sex (hopefully the opposite sex). I do not feel this is intruding on me in any way, shape, or form, as they are not directing it to me, personally as a woman, but just letting people know in general - "She's so hot!". In a way, I look at it as a tribute to women vs sexism. Yes, there's limits on what they can show and should show, but a heavy chest is the least of our problems or a skimpy cheerleading outfit. After all, it's a "Sports" board. This is not the place to be easily offended, as people from all over the world, literally, post here, and they do not all feel that a sexy body is sexism. If this were a Stock or Banker's board, I'd be agreeing with you 100%, but it is not. It's an entertainment board, and thus....should be given more room for self expression and individuality, even if it doesn't always make us feel we are being respected. I say this, as everyone has their own take on this, so we have to be careful not to customize to a handful of posters only.

Personally, I don't think a sports board is the place to yell "sexism".
    Last edited by Jody; 01-01-2008 at 09:11 PM.

Adopted Bronco:
    All of 'em

On the subject of vulgarity, I find it rather vulgar. I would think it better to express ones feelings not using vulgarity. It’s not hard to post a thought without cussing. I have never used vulgar words in my posts and I won’t. I don’t thinks it’s appropriate to use vulgarity on a forum that is designed for users of all ages.

I will not put any one on my ignore list for any reason.
    Merry.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information