Page 1 of 79 1 2 3 11 51 ... LastLast

Thread: Official Broncofreak Refugee Thread

Default Official Broncofreak Refugee Thread

Ok, here you go. Here is a thread dedicated to you guys being displaced and looking to avoid winding up in FEMA trailer parks. As you can see, BroncosForums.com is warm and inviting, a nice hue of blue and orange to honor our great Broncos, and is open 24/7 for your chatting pleasure.

While this is mostly a welcome thread, I won't get into too much detail, other than to say, that BroncosForums (BF) is different than most other football forums. Here, ALL forum decisions (rules, moderator assignments, forum changes, such as salute or recognition systems, etc.) are made by an advisory board made up of seven people (currently: dogfish, Kapaibro, KCLady, Medford Bronco, omac, TXBRONC and Tned). Any BF member can, and is encouraged to, create threads in the Town Hall forum to provide feedback or suggest changes. The advisory board then takes into account the discussion that takes place in those Town Hall threads, and then makes changes to BF that we believe represent the overall wishes of the community. You can read more about that here: http://broncosforums.com/forums/anno...t.php?f=19&a=2

Ok, with that stuff out of the way, Welcome to the Blue Side. We mide be a tad bit more restrictive than the Freak, but I don't think by much. We have some great members of this community that are on the younger side, and we try and keep things so that if their parent was looking over their shoulder, they wouldn't ban them from BF. Kind of think of it as PG-13, or whatever would be allowed to be shown on prime time network shows, which these days is becoming more and more.

So, sit back, jump in, guzzle some , make yourself at home. Don't hesitate to jump into Town Hall discussions, or create your own threads in the Town Hall forum (discussions, not polls), telling us what changes you think would make for a better Broncos community. If enough of the overall community gets involved in the discussion and creates persuasive arguments as to why the change is best for the community, then the advisory board will take that into consideration when making decisions on the future of the message board.

So, as I said, sit back, jump in and tell us a bit about yourself. Are you a broncosfan or just here for company in general? How long have you been a Broncos fan? You name it, this is open mike Saturday, Sunday, Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday and Friday, anything goes....

Once again, welcome to our little, blue forum

Adopted Bronco:
    Josh McDaniels Sucks

Thanks guys for being so accomadating. Im sure you understand our pain. All of us are a littlew hurt right now. Which upsets me cause, 10 years ago I would have punched myself for getting upset about an internet forum closing down......

Quote Originally Posted by claymore View Post
    10 years ago I would have punched myself for getting upset about an internet forum closing down......
    Isn't that amazing??? One the one hand, this stuff shouldn't be anything taken to serious, but in reality that we do. The more time you spend on a message board, a 'community', the more attached you get to it and the people, and then when change happens, especially abrupt and not for the best of the community, it can be REAL hard to deal with.

Adopted Bronco:
    Josh McDaniels Sucks

Quote Originally Posted by tnedator View Post
    Isn't that amazing??? One the one hand, this stuff shouldn't be anything taken to serious, but in reality that we do. The more time you spend on a message board, a 'community', the more attached you get to it and the people, and then when change happens, especially abrupt and not for the best of the community, it can be REAL hard to deal with.
    Thats it, the people. I really like those guys over ther, know there personality etc........ I know if for whatever reason I needed to borrow a hundred buck, there are people there that I have never met, that would get it to me.

It is amazing..............

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip, Demaryius, Derek, Shane, Von,

Thanks guys for being so accomadating. Im sure you understand our pain. All of us are a littlew hurt right now. Which upsets me cause, 10 years ago I would have punched myself for getting upset about an internet forum closing down......
    We understand - most of us were very comfortable with another site until it changed, but we all found that this is our online home now.

Thanks to MasterShake for my great signature
    Rest in Peace - Demaryius (88) - Darrent (27) - Damien (29) - Kenny (11)
    #7 - JOHN - #44 - FLOYD - #80 - ROD
    THIS ONES FOR JOHN
    WOULD YOU RATHER WIN UGLY, OR LOSE PRETTY?

Thats it, the people. I really like those guys over ther, know there personality etc........ I know if for whatever reason I needed to borrow a hundred buck, there are people there that I have never met, that would get it to me.

It is amazing..............
    Yep, these 'online' communities really start to blur. In the old days, with online chats, such as IRC, they used to refer to offline as IRL (in real life) to seperate it from the cyber world. These days, the those lines are really blurred.

Adopted Bronco:
    Josh McDaniels Sucks

I think women invented the internet to keep us out of the Bars. Thats what it is.

I think women invented the internet to keep us out of the Bars. Thats what it is.
    LOL, I live in a dry county, there ARE NO bars That's why I go a little overboard whenever I travel to europe on business

Adopted Bronco:
    Josh McDaniels Sucks

Its funny the Jack Daniels distillery is in a dry county. Lynchburg Tenn. I LOL'ed at them whem I was there.

No. Al Gore created the internets.

Its funny the Jack Daniels distillery is in a dry county. Lynchburg Tenn. I LOL'ed at them whem I was there.
    Do they do tasting tours, like at the Busch Breweries at Busch Gardens and Sea world? I wouldn't think they could pull that off in a dry county.

Adopted Bronco:
    Josh McDaniels Sucks

Nope........ You couldnt even buy a bottle until a couple years ago...... Awesome tour though. They have Jack Daniels old house that he died in, from a broken toe he stubbed on a safe.......

Nope........ You couldnt even buy a bottle until a couple years ago...... Awesome tour though. They have Jack Daniels old house that he died in, from a broken toe he stubbed on a safe.......
    Huhh, he died from the stubbed toe???

Adopted Bronco:
    Josh McDaniels Sucks

Quote Originally Posted by tnedator View Post
    Huhh, he died from the stubbed toe???
    Yup, he was walking past a safe, stubbed it, it broke, and died later from abcteria or something........... Drag for him.............

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information