Thread: A new music site to rival Youtube

Default A new music site to rival Youtube

www.muzu.tv

Free Music Video Website To Rival YouTube
    7:06am UK, Saturday October 03, 2009

Music fans can now watch their favourite artists legally and for free online thanks to a new website called Muzu.tv.

Muzu.tv lets users get free access to thousands of music videos

The site allows users to compile playlists and watch thousands of hours of footage including videos, interviews, live concerts and documentaries - all on demand.

The Dublin-based company also promises to end the hassle of having to trawl through grainy and often homemade efforts on other sites because every high quality video is officially licensed and approved by the artist concerned.

Muzu has signed an agreement with many of the big labels including Universal, EMI, Sony BMG and Warner Music and another 7,000 independent labels meaning it is likely to become a direct rival of Google-owned YouTube.

YouTube has recently been involved in wranglings with record labels and artists over payments.

The video sharing website has just ended a nine-month long dispute with Warner Music which demanded content by its artists including Madonna and Missy Elliott was taken off last year.

This week the label made an agreement to reinstate the videos on the condition that they get a larger share in advertising revenue.

Muzu allows users to basically create their own music TV channel which they can then share online with their friends on social networking sites like Facebook, Bebo and MySpace.

The company said in a statement: "Whether you're an R n' B diva or a hair metal rocker, Muzu.tv's got the lot."

The site is also hoping to be able to provide archive episodes of cult music shows like The Tube and Top Of The Pops

http://news.sky.com/skynews/Home/Tec...00910115397830
    LOVE UNITED HATE GLAZER

2. The Following 2 Users High Fived ManchesterBroncoLUHG For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    All of them

Looks promising

Adopted Bronco:
    Billy Thompson

Nice! That is so awesome that the artists have a hand in this. How is the video quality?
    Thanks Mastershake!

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

youtube still beats them. Did 2 searches and came up with nothing. lol

Adopted Bronco:
    Billy Thompson

Quote Originally Posted by Northman View Post
    youtube still beats them. Did 2 searches and came up with nothing. lol
    uh oh....LOL
    Thanks Mastershake!

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip "TD" Lindsay

Its of no use to us Christians. I did searches for three of the most popular Christian Artist/Groups (Newsboys, Point of Grace & Third Day) and came up empty. Its genre search didn't offer Christian music either. I guess we'll have to stick to Youtube.
    I’m an Autistic Self-Advocate. If you have any questions about Autism/Asperger’s, feel free to ask. I’m not offended by any question asked by anyone who has a genuine desire to understand us better.

https://aacphoenix.com/

Adopted Bronco:
    Von Ware-Wolfe

Music is basically the only reason I use Youtube. There are better services out there for hosting videos. Youtube has moved in the right direction with HD content though.
    Last edited by CrazyHorse; 10-03-2009 at 11:39 PM.
    In Elway We Trust

I rarely use YouTube as is to get music or listen to it. If I'm streaming or want to catch a URL to target a download, I'll go to www.playlist.com and use that. I don't listen to music much on my computer anyways and if I do it's usually something I already have on my HD.

10. The Following User High Fived Requiem / The Dagda For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Von Ware-Wolfe

Quote Originally Posted by Requiem View Post
    I rarely use YouTube as is to get music or listen to it. If I'm streaming or want to catch a URL to target a download, I'll go to www.playlist.com and use that. I don't listen to music much on my computer anyways and if I do it's usually something I already have on my HD.
    Nice site, good to have since I never used it before.
    imeem.com is okay if you use passwords from bugmenot.com but last.fm sucks.
    In Elway We Trust

Adopted Bronco:
    only Von

Sounds pretty lame, honestly.

The site has been up for less than 48 hours, give it a chance. I'm sure youtube had no where near the music muzu has after 48 hours. Anyhow it's free so surely the more free music sites the better. It's not like switching sports teams now is it. You can use youtube and this one. This may turn out shite but at least give it a chance to actually build up a catalogue.
    LOVE UNITED HATE GLAZER

14. The Following User High Fived ManchesterBroncoLUHG For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information