Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: I want to watch hockey

Adopted Bronco:
    Stokley, Miller, Wolfe

Quote Originally Posted by SeeingRed View Post
    Hockey players are the most down to Earth athletes I've ever met.

My junior year of high school we went to the state championship and we played our game at America West Arena in downtown Phoenix. The day before the game we got to practice there so we could get used to the ice and how fast it was. After our practice, the San Jose Sharks were supposed to have their pre-game skate for their game later on in the evening against the Coyotes. Well, when we got off the ice I was the last one off and as I was exiting the ice Teemu Selanne (sp?) was standing there. I sat and talked to him for about 10 minutes. Great guy.
    You got that right SR. When Teemu was here, he was just as nice as anyone could be. If fact when he first got here he would get out of his car to take pictures with people and visit with us. I didn't really care about the Ducks winning the Stanley Cup, but I was so glad for Teemu, the tears in his eyes told to story of someone who had worked so hard and finally got the big one.

Good news. I am going to stick with the Penguins as my favorite team (at least at the moment) and I figure I can go watch the Junior Blues in my town. There will be a hockey fan made out of me yet (oh god no am I not fighting anyway at the rink

Adopted Bronco:
    Bob Howsam

Quote Originally Posted by King87 View Post
    Good news. I am going to stick with the Penguins as my favorite team (at least at the moment) and I figure I can go watch the Junior Blues in my town. There will be a hockey fan made out of me yet (oh god no am I not fighting anyway at the rink
    Good deal. One of the reasons I love hockey is because there is no other sport with the kind of history and heritage that hockey has. If you have any other questions or anything, let me know.
    "Milk is for babies. When you grow up, you have to drink beer" -Arnold

Good deal. One of the reasons I love hockey is because there is no other sport with the kind of history and heritage that hockey has. If you have any other questions or anything, let me know.
    you are one smart man SR.. I agree and love the sport as well

Me, you, broncav, underrated, and East Coast Fan are the basic hockey fans here. I wish more would try it, It is a great sport and with the NHL Network that I have now, its even fun to follow every team with the show NHL On the Fly. Also my 2nd fav team the Bruins are doing well as well. My Canes are like the stock market up and down but leading a bad division so far.

and King I can respond to any questions as well

Adopted Bronco:
    Bob Howsam

http://sports.espn.go.com/nhl/columns/story?id=3164082

Thought you might like that king, since you're picking the Pens as your team of choice. They're due to play an outdoor game coming up, so I figured I'd post this article for you to give you an idea of what a spectacle it is.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nhl/columns/story?id=3164082

Thought you might like that king, since you're picking the Pens as your team of choice. They're due to play an outdoor game coming up, so I figured I'd post this article for you to give you an idea of what a spectacle it is.
    I side with Scott on this one. An outdoor game sounds cool as hell to me. And who cares if you can not see it? Does that stop Nascar fans who see even less of their event than these fans? Does that stop fans high up in the nose bleed section? Does that stop anyone from going to see a LIVE event of a sport that they like? This outdoor thing actually has me really pumped up.

Adopted Bronco:
    Bob Howsam

I think it's supposed to be on TV live on that Versus channel (used to be the Outdoor Life Network 'OLN')

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information