Results 1 to 5 of 5

Thread: Rate my team Please!

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Arkansas
    Posts
    3,222

    Default Rate my team Please!

    Well I posted this at Broncomania but I figured I would copy my post on to here as well and see what you people think of my team:




    Well I'm in my 12 team league(in which I had the #6 overrall pick).
    So its pretty hard to know who I'm going to get but heres my team.

    Comments and concerns are much appreciated:

    QB: Matt Hasselback
    RB: Rudi Johnson
    RB: Marshawn Lynch
    WR: Chad Johnson
    WR: Larry Fitzerald
    WR: Darrell Jackson
    TE: Jeremy Shockey
    D: Chicago Bears
    K: John Kasey


    Bench:

    Jerious Norwood
    Derrick Mason
    Ladell Betts
    JP Losman
    Brandon Marshall
    Leon Washington

    I think my team is alright.
    Its not as great as last year IMO when my team looked stacked but my team isn't horrible.

    My bench looks a little thin and I might need another RB if Lynch doesn't pan out for me.

    But what does everyone think of my team?

    Any suggestions or comments?
    @Tnedator


    RIP DARRENT WILLIAMS
    RIP DAMIEN NASH
    RIP BFC
    RIP Sneakers the Cat

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Burlintgon, VT
    Adopted Bronco:
    Von Miller
    Posts
    36,177

    Default

    Not the best team I have seen in a 12 team league. To me it looks like you spent too many early picks on WRs. I think you should always draft RBs with your first 2 picks. You can always find good WRs later on. You have pretty good TE and defense. I do think that Norwood was a good pick. He will break out this season. Other than that, your depth is shaky at best. You should pray that none of your starters get injured. Seeing that this is a 12 team league, I see that team getting about 7 wins. (assuming a 14 game regular season)
    Quote Originally Posted by chazoe60 View Post
    I'm a ******* idiot.
    www.twitter.com/carnold744

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Arkansas
    Posts
    3,222

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BaileyTheBest View Post
    Not the best team I have seen in a 12 team league. To me it looks like you spent too many early picks on WRs. I think you should always draft RBs with your first 2 picks. You can always find good WRs later on. You have pretty good TE and defense. I do think that Norwood was a good pick. He will break out this season. Other than that, your depth is shaky at best. You should pray that none of your starters get injured. Seeing that this is a 12 team league, I see that team getting about 7 wins. (assuming a 14 game regular season)
    Yea its a 14 game season with a 2 game playoffs.
    And My strategy has worked for me a lot in the past so I continue to use it.

    I use my first pick on a RB and my next 2 picks on WR's. Then I try to get some late sleeper RB's later on.

    Last year my team was:

    Bulger, Larry Johnson, Chad Johnson, Torry Holt, Javon Walker, Jones-Drew, Gates, and I rotated Defenses and kickers VIA Waiver wire. and my bench wasn't too bad either.

    I agree that the team I have this year isn't the greatest but its hard as hell drafting in the 6 spot. I feel its better to draft 2 recievers that can produce better then drafting a RB just to fit in and draft one.

    Another reason is because the league is 2 RB and 3 WR so we start more WR then RB.

    I hope to have a great season though.

    And thanks for the reply.
    @Tnedator


    RIP DARRENT WILLIAMS
    RIP DAMIEN NASH
    RIP BFC
    RIP Sneakers the Cat

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Smallsville, OH
    Adopted Bronco:
    That old guy in the barrel
    Posts
    701

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JayCutler4MVP!!! View Post
    Well I posted this at Broncomania but I figured I would copy my post on to here as well and see what you people think of my team:




    Well I'm in my 12 team league(in which I had the #6 overrall pick).
    So its pretty hard to know who I'm going to get but heres my team.

    Comments and concerns are much appreciated:

    QB: Matt Hasselback
    RB: Rudi Johnson
    RB: Marshawn Lynch
    WR: Chad Johnson
    WR: Larry Fitzerald
    WR: Darrell Jackson
    TE: Jeremy Shockey
    D: Chicago Bears
    K: John Kasey


    Bench:

    Jerious Norwood
    Derrick Mason
    Ladell Betts
    JP Losman
    Brandon Marshall
    Leon Washington

    I think my team is alright.
    Its not as great as last year IMO when my team looked stacked but my team isn't horrible.

    My bench looks a little thin and I might need another RB if Lynch doesn't pan out for me.

    But what does everyone think of my team?

    Any suggestions or comments?
    I'd actually say that for a 12 team league, that's a pretty solid team. I think that Lynch is a bit of a gamble if you took him high, but other than that, your receivers look great.

    However, as BTB said, your depth is kinda sketchy... I'd keep my eyes on the waivers closely. Don't let anything sneak past you!
    I win.


    Hear me roar!

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Arkansas
    Posts
    3,222

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by WhoDey View Post
    I'd actually say that for a 12 team league, that's a pretty solid team. I think that Lynch is a bit of a gamble if you took him high, but other than that, your receivers look great.

    However, as BTB said, your depth is kinda sketchy... I'd keep my eyes on the waivers closely. Don't let anything sneak past you!
    I try not to let things sneak past me

    I'm usually very good with my waiver moves.
    I'm not a fan of my depth either but its extremly hard having the 6th pick(harder then the last pick too IMO.)

    I took Lynch in the 5th round and he was the "best" RB available. It was just a bunch of scrub guys after that and I figured he would go shortly because theres a Bills fan that I play with and I think he would have got him. It might have been a little bit of a gamble but it could really pay off. Its a hit or miss.

    But of course my team looks great since I have 2 Bengals on it huh?

    Another move I made that I am not sure how it will pay off is that I drafted Rudi ahead of Larry. Your a Bengal fan so how do you think Rudi will do? and will it be worth it?

    I also drafted the Bears D in the 7th round. But there was a Bears fan who would get 2 more picks before I would pick again and I'm sure he would have got the Bears D.

    My Draft was pretty much similar to last years draft where I went: RB, WR, WR, QB, TE. Except this year I went: RB, WR, WR, QB, RB.w
    @Tnedator


    RIP DARRENT WILLIAMS
    RIP DAMIEN NASH
    RIP BFC
    RIP Sneakers the Cat

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Last movie you saw - and rate it
    By Skywalker in forum Movies
    Replies: 12632
    Last Post: Today, 10:02 AM
  2. Rate My McNabb Sig!
    By BroncoWave in forum Graphics Gallery and Discussion
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 09-27-2007, 09:14 PM
  3. please rate me fantasy team..the moneys down
    By broncos9697 in forum Fantasy Sports
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 09-11-2007, 04:06 PM
  4. Rate My Fantasy Team!
    By Requiem / The Dagda in forum Fantasy Sports
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 09-08-2007, 04:53 PM
  5. Could you rate these receivers I have?
    By omac in forum Fantasy Sports
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 09-02-2007, 12:12 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
status.broncosforums.com - BroncosForums status updates
Partner with the USA Today Sports Media Group