Thread: "I Am Legend" and "The Mist"

Adopted Bronco:
    Always King87

Default "I Am Legend" and "The Mist"

I keep seeing preview after preview and I'm a big fan of Will Smith. I know it doesn't come out until Dec 14 but I probably won't watch it until it comes out on dvd. Do you think the movie will be as good as advertised?

"The Mist" is another movie that looks interesting. I'm not much on horror movies but what lures me to want to watch the movie is what is in the fog!

Anyway, if anyone sees theses movies please give them a grade because I may to a theater if they are a must-see!

Stephen King's The Mist (2007) 9/10 -

I am a huge fan of Steven King and he nails the transformation from Book to movie yet again. I read The Mist when I was very very little and was a pretty terrifying storie then. This is a overall wonderful horror movie that will have you thinking about the movie well after you see it. While there are monsters in the mist, the film really demonstrates that the heart of man can be much more horrific than any monsters outside.

There were some modification made to the ending of the story, but I think Darabont gave it a fair treatment. The ending of the novel was is pretty disturbing and will have you thinking about what happened... While the ending of the movie is going to make ALOT of people probably hate the movie, from how it made them feel. It is heart breaking.

Marcia Gay Harden had her best performance. Acting overall was very good. I had a many expectations of this film. I was not dissapointed.

I think anyone that is going to rate this movie bad is either not going to be a huge fan of horror movies or disliked the ending. We all know Stephen King has a tough time ending his books... Darabont did the right thing and doing the ending this way. It is dark, very dark, but I really thought it was brilliant.

A great movie because it haunts you long after youve seen it. If the visuals would have been "excellent" this movie could have been easilly ALOT higher

Adopted Bronco:
    Always King87

If anyone watches the "I am Legend" movie this weekend, give reviews!

it looks good, kinda like 28 days later in a way. I loved that movie. I have yet to see 28 weeks later even though i own it. But yeah add some reviews. About i am legend that is.
    The Plan at the moment:

Draft: Trade a 3rd and 6th this year to a team to move up and get a 2nd next year (this will happen).

Players I want:
    Jake Ferguson (Jake Butt) or Jelani Woods or Jeremy Ruckert or Cade Otten (owen daniels) at TE- All 4th rd or later.
    Troy Anderson LB 3rd/4th rd (yay Timmy!)
    Neil Farrell, JR DL- run stuffer- bye purcell

Adopted Bronco:
    Rick Upchurch

I can say that the I Am Legend short story is considered one of the best vampire stories. If the movie stays true to the book's plot I'll be happy. They've already changed quite a few things, but I can't see them changing the story of it because... well, without ruining anything, it's awesome.
    How's your burger, bro? - Ancient proverb

just bumping.. I have heard it was great, but i havent actually heard anything about it.

anyone seen it yet?
    The Plan at the moment:

Draft: Trade a 3rd and 6th this year to a team to move up and get a 2nd next year (this will happen).

Players I want:
    Jake Ferguson (Jake Butt) or Jelani Woods or Jeremy Ruckert or Cade Otten (owen daniels) at TE- All 4th rd or later.
    Troy Anderson LB 3rd/4th rd (yay Timmy!)
    Neil Farrell, JR DL- run stuffer- bye purcell

Adopted Bronco:
    Rick Upchurch

I saw it the other day. It was terrible, but I'm obligated to say that as I read the book... I'd give it a 5/10.
    How's your burger, bro? - Ancient proverb

Adopted Bronco:
    Always King87

Quote Originally Posted by NameUsedBefore View Post
    I saw it the other day. It was terrible, but I'm obligated to say that as I read the book... I'd give it a 5/10.
    Thanks for the feedback, I heard it was a lame movie. I am not a big movie person but like I said I'm a fan of Will Smith. I guess it'll wait till it comes out on dvd.

Adopted Bronco:
    broncos_mtnman

Quote Originally Posted by Nomad B View Post
    Thanks for the feedback, I heard it was a lame movie. I am not a big movie person but like I said I'm a fan of Will Smith. I guess it'll wait till it comes out on dvd.
    I thought it was good..not great, but pretty good.

10. The Following User High Fived Watchthemiddle For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Brandon Stokley

Quote Originally Posted by Nomad B View Post
    If anyone watches the "I am Legend" movie this weekend, give reviews!
    I seen it the other day, I wasn't impressed. Not even close to being as good as the previews make it out to be.

You said something about Vampires in the book? They changed a lot to say the least! The mutated humans looked terrible. We all know most movie monsters are computer animated but these things screamed animation.

Will smith was good as usual. The story was ok,,, except for the lame crap where they tride to make Bob Marley out to be a saint.

All and all I would say...

Story.. 7 of 10

Action.. 7 of 10

Acting.. 9 of 10

Graphics.. 4 of 10

Over all.. 6 of 10

Asked at what point would it be in the best interest of the team to trade Cutler, McDaniels answered: "Never." Nice to see your a man of your word Josh

I didn't read the book but I watched it a week or so ago. It's pretty good. Not great, but good. Somewhere along a 7½ or 8.

13. The Following User High Fived In-com-plete For This Post:

Book was okay...quick read in fact.

Haven't seen the movie, but heard the same from others...'okay'

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information