Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Thread: Prognosticating vs Reality

Adopted Bronco:
    Knowshon Moreno

Not only has Dawkins' play been impressive, but he has likely been just as important in changing the culture of the team (at least defensively) as McD and Nolan. Dude brings it every play and plays with reckless abandon. A couple of players have said that it's pretty much impossible not to play hard when you have a guy like Dawkins out there bringing it every play.

2. The Following 6 Users High Fived honz For This Post:

Could you imagine Dawkins playing for Bob Slowick?

"I got this Coach. Go fill up some Gatorade cups or something, just stay out of the way."

4. The Following 8 Users High Fived Slick For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    GENERAL GEORGE PATON

The SECONDARY of the team is a strength.

Hill and Goodman were unreal value signings for what we needed.

Dawkins? Worth every penny, and a bigger impact than when Lynch was brought in.

Yeah, I said it.

Champ, Renaldo, Andre and B Dawk are playing right where McD and Xman had them valued at: Tough.

The Dline has been coached beyond anyones expectations.

The three big men along with those rotating inside need the entire defense to be giving them kudos after every game.

Just like in hockey when everyone caps the goaltender.

They have played very well.

The linebackers..........well, who could complain?

Everyone is getting in on the action.

Different guys are making plays and contributing out there.

Phonso and J Williams are killin it in their roles, especially Phonzie.

You KNOW the filmroom is lit up with backslaps and fist pumps every time they see the little guys rammin into runningbacks twice their size.

What makes guys play with abandon like that?

Theyre tough, smart, hard working, accountable and most of all: playing for each other.

BRONCOS BABY.
    IN PATON I TRUST.

6. The Following 9 Users High Fived WARHORSE For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by WARHORSE View Post

Yeah, I said it.

Champ, Renaldo, Andre and B Dawk are playing right where McD and Xman had them valued at: Tough.

The three big men along with those rotating inside need the entire defense to be giving them kudos after every game.

You KNOW the filmroom is lit up with backslaps and fist pumps every time they see the little guys rammin into runningbacks twice their size.

Theyre tough, smart, hard working, accountable and most of all: playing for each other.

BRONCOS BABY.
    You get me pumped when I read your posts War. Good stuff. Lots of credit to Nolan,and shame on me for not remembering his name, the new D-line coach.

Adopted Bronco:
    Charley Johnson

Quote Originally Posted by Slick View Post
    Could you imagine Dawkins playing for Bob Slowick?

"I got this Coach. Go fill up some Gatorade cups or something, just stay out of the way."
    More like Slowick to Dawkins;

"Yeah, ok so I'm going to have to ask you to play a little further off the LOS than that Brian. So that was good and all where you stopped that 3rd and 3 last series, but thats not a part of my master plan, and its not exactly what I had in mind, remember its all about bending but not breaking here. So if you could just, you know, settle down and play back where I asked you too that would be Greeeaaaattt..."
    “What fresh hell is this?”

"A man who picks a cat up by the tail learns something which he can learn in no other way." - Mark Twain

9. The Following 6 Users High Fived Dreadnought For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    All of 'em

Hey Slowick, would you stop making that sucking sound please?

Merry.

Quote Originally Posted by WARHORSE View Post

Yeah, I said it.

BRONCOS BABY.
    great post always optimistic and it looks like you have a right to be..

hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm could it be they are playing like a TEAM..

Adopted Bronco:
    Number 7

Quote Originally Posted by Slick View Post
    You get me pumped when I read your posts War. Good stuff. Lots of credit to Nolan,and shame on me for not remembering his name, the new D-line coach.
    Wayne Nunnely. and several others...

http://www.nfl.com/teams/coaches?coa...ssist&team=DEN

Dreads, way to go, calling me up some Office Space...

And War, you're right about 33. Phonzo is bringing it. Kid's good, gonna get better.
    "What do you want your dash to represent?"

13. The Following 3 Users High Fived gobroncsnv For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    D.Thomas....the next great broncos WR

2009 NFL Power Rankings: Week 3Week: SelectPre123 Add Widget
    ESPN.com

[Editor's note: LW indicates each team's ranking in the Week 2 edition of the Power Rankings.]

2009 Power Rankings: Week 3
    RK (LW) TEAM REC COMMENT
    1 (10) Ravens 2-0-0 They're balanced on offense and tough on defense. (Chadiha)
    2 (3) Giants 2-0-0 Mario Manningham might not be Plaxico Burress, but he's becoming an Eli Manning go-to guy. (Clayton)
    3 (5) Colts 2-0-0 The first of two back-to-back prime-time road games went just fine in Miami. (Kuharsky)
    4 (7) Falcons 2-0-0 Taking care of business within the division is key, but the Falcons can take another step if they win at New England on Sunday. (Sando)
    5 (8) Vikings 2-0-0 So far, so good with Brett Favre in charge. (Chadiha)
    6 (1) Steelers 1-1-0 They have got to find a running game. (Chadiha)
    7 (12) Saints 2-0-0 Scoring 48 points at Philly isn't easy. Drew Brees is completing 75 percent of his passes to lead the MVP race early.(Sando)
    8 (16) Jets 2-0-0 Rex Ryan has blitzed his way into first place in the AFC East. Division, beware. (Clayton)
    9 (4) Eagles 1-1-0 Kevin Kolb put up great passing numbers, but the Eagles can't fly without Donovan McNabb. (Clayton)
    10 (2) Patriots 1-1-0 Bill Belichick must go back to the drawing board for a November rematch against the Jets. (Clayton)
    11 (6) Chargers 1-1-0 Might that home loss to the Ravens become an outcome that places a playoff matchup in Baltimore? (Kuharsky)
    12 (11) Packers 1-1-0 Where was the Packers' pass protection (six sacks) and discipline (11 penalties) against the Bengals? (Chadiha)
    13 (18) 49ers 2-0-0 The 49ers want to run the ball and they are, but don't overlook Shaun Hill. He's 9-3 as the 49ers' starter. (Sando)
    14 (15) Bears 1-1-0 The Bears need more of the Jay Cutler who showed up to beat the Steelers. (Chadiha)
    15 (13) Cowboys 1-1-0 Two problems don't go away: critical turnovers by Tony Romo and giving up big plays on defense. (Clayton)
    16 (9) Titans 0-2-0 Mistake-filled first two weeks are fueling those critics who predicted a big drop-off after a 13-3 season. (Kuharsky)
    17 (23) Texans 1-1-0 Everyone is wary of saying too much about the great victory in Tennessee, because historically the Texans have had some duds for follow-ups. (Kuharsky)
    18 (17) Cardinals 1-1-0 Beating the Colts at home in Week 3 would validate the Cardinals' blowout victory at Jacksonville while potentially forcing a tie atop the NFC West. (Sando)
    19 (19) Dolphins 0-2-0 The Wildcat dominated the Colts but Miami lost the game by four. Maybe the "Cat" isn't that wild. (Clayton)
    20 (24) Broncos 2-0-0 Their two remaining games against the AFC North aren't likely to produce the same results their first two did. (Kuharsky)
    21 (21) Bills 1-1-0 He's lost two offensive tackles and an offensive coordinator, but Trent Edwards is hanging in there as a no-huddle quarterback. (Clayton)
    22 (14) Seahawks 1-1-0 Injuries always seem to be the big story for Seattle. Matt Hasselbeck's ribs aren't going to feel good any time soon. (Sando)
    23 (20) Redskins 1-1-0 Playing St. Louis and Detroit in back-to-back weeks is a gift that buys time for the offense to start clicking. (Clayton)
    24 (26) Bengals 1-1-0 This team would be 2-0 if it hadn't blown the final minute of its season opener. (Chadiha)
    25 (22) Panthers 0-2-0 Jake Delhomme was much better in Week 2, but his two-game pace works out to eight touchdown passes and 40 interceptions. (Sando)
    26 (27) Raiders 1-1-0 Better than many expected, but how long can they endure the poor play of JaMarcus Russell? (Kuharsky)
    27 (25) Jaguars 0-2-0 It's time for the rookie wide receivers to see some action and make some contributions for the struggling Jags. (Kuharsky)
    28 (29) Buccaneers 0-2-0 The Bucs have allowed 900 yards in their first two games. They even made the Bills look good. (Sando)
    29 (28) Browns 0-2-0 Two blowout losses to open the season don't bode well. (Chadiha)
    30 (30) Chiefs 0-2-0 Two turnovers, other miscues undid a lot of stat advantages in loss to Oakland. (Kuharsky)
    31 (31) Lions 0-2-0 Even with two defeats, they already seem better than last season. (Chadiha)
    32 (32) Rams 0-2-0 The Rams desperately need more punch from their passing game. Donnie Avery has been a nonfactor so far. (Sando)

ok i see that we havnt played any "juggernaut's" but why are below miami ?
    they have us below a bunch of 1-1 teams but 0-2?.....c'mon get on the bandwagon espn,its gonna be a great ride !

15. The Following User High Fived T.K.O. For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information