Page 11 of 19 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast

Thread: Don't trade PS2. Don't suggest trading him. Your hot take is bad.

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

The Broncos have literally been trying since Elway retired, it’s stupid.

But hey . . . yay 8 wins! 8 “wins” that nobody remembers. Abe and Joe will storm the field next time Broncos beat the Queefs. Hopefully next season you two will be able to say “winning season”, I’ll bring the vaseline.
    "Tuning ... into each other ... lift all higher”
    “I’m just different!”
    “ . . . Picture a cup in the middle of the sea”

Draft
    1st round— Cooper Dejean CB
    2nd round— Jack Sawyer OLB
    3rd round— Will Shipley RB
    4th round— Ricky Pearsall WR
    5th round— Ladd McKonkey WR
    6th round— Cash Jones RB
    7th round— Carson Steele RB

2. The Following 2 Users High Fived Simple Jaded For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Quinn Meinerz

Quote Originally Posted by Simple Jaded View Post
    Then traded up to get Mahomes, understood.

Who’d they draft before Mahomes that registers? Chris Jones? 2nd round pick. Tyreek? 4th round pick. Their roster was Meh when they won the first SB (aside from their Big Three), and it wasn’t until this last SB that they had a balanced roster.

It rarely works and the Broncos almost never trade up (especially in the 1st round and especially for a QB). The Broncos (and their fans) can’t keep hoping things will change, hope is not a strategy.
    I already did my rundown posts earlier in the thread.

In the 10 years since Denver won, 3 have been by the Chiefs, 2 by the Patriots 1 by the Bucs so 3 by Brady, 1 by Philly, and 1 from the Rams. Which model are you pointing to if the Chiefs strategy "rarely works"?

The Patriots literally assembled their roster first too before having Brady. Ditto for the Bucs. The Eagles won with Foles because Wentz got hurt, so it isn't valid to credit it to finding their QB...

The Rams literally had their roster too before trading for Stafford...

So you say it rarely works but then the last decade of SB winners all built their rosters first then got a QB? To me, that would seem to signal that you should always build the roster first and then get a QB.

If I'm wrong, please show me which teams followed your model?

Adopted Bronco:
    Baron Browning, Jaleel McLaughlin

Quote Originally Posted by aberdien View Post
    Go walk into traffic.
    Salty Abe has arrived, and I'm here for it.

I'll deal with the rest of your shenanigans in this thread when I have the time.
    “When we do find that guy, we’ve got to have the continuity on the offensive side to where we can train him and develop him and get him there. This is our fourth offense in probably three or four years. Quarterbacks need to be developed. You don’t find one ready-made. We got to have a solid system in place for when we do go after whatever guy it may be, a young guy or a trade or whatnot.”
    - John Elway

5. The Following User High Fived dogfish For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Baron Browning, Jaleel McLaughlin

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoJoe View Post
    I appreciate you, Dog (or is it dog?).
    Shit, Joe, I barely know myself these days. But the appreciation is mutual, and I hope you guys enjoy Bo Nix or Michael pratt!

“When we do find that guy, we’ve got to have the continuity on the offensive side to where we can train him and develop him and get him there. This is our fourth offense in probably three or four years. Quarterbacks need to be developed. You don’t find one ready-made. We got to have a solid system in place for when we do go after whatever guy it may be, a young guy or a trade or whatnot.”
    - John Elway

Adopted Bronco:
    Dogfish

The Rams had that roster, but it was built on the back of high draft picks! STL fans whined that those boys and free agents came to fruition after the Rams went to LA.

The Rams also went ham on FA and trades after the fact! Eff those picks!!!!

The Chiefs also had Smith at QB, who was boring, but pretty good.

Both teams had elite talent at QB.

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

Quote Originally Posted by UnderArmour View Post
    I already did my rundown posts earlier in the thread.

In the 10 years since Denver won, 3 have been by the Chiefs, 2 by the Patriots 1 by the Bucs so 3 by Brady, 1 by Philly, and 1 from the Rams. Which model are you pointing to if the Chiefs strategy "rarely works"?

The Patriots literally assembled their roster first too before having Brady. Ditto for the Bucs. The Eagles won with Foles because Wentz got hurt, so it isn't valid to credit it to finding their QB...

The Rams literally had their roster too before trading for Stafford...

So you say it rarely works but then the last decade of SB winners all built their rosters first then got a QB? To me, that would seem to signal that you should always build the roster first and then get a QB.

If I'm wrong, please show me which teams followed your model?
    Do not ever use the Patriots as the example of how to build a dynasty. That's like using a lottery winner as the example of how to becoming wealthy. They drafted the concesus GOAT (I disagree but...) in the 6th round. Trying to copy that is not a recipe for success. We could use every single one of our 5th, 6th and 7th round picks every year until we found the next Tom Brady and I suspect I would be teleporting to the game by the time they found him.
    Let's Rid3!!!!

9. The Following User High Fived chazoe60 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

I also don't think anyone is saying just grab A QB and build around him, I think a lot of us, myself included see this particular draft as a rare opportunity to grab a QB in a particularly deep draft. If this was the QB draft from a couple of years ago(the Pickett year) I would be all over the BPA and flyer on a late round rookie strategy, but I don't see this draft that way at all.

I'm a Bo Nix guy right now, and I know that's not terribly popular. I just see a kid that fits what SP likes to do a lot and also has some really cool playmaking ability. I remember liking Drew Brees alot too when he came out of college and the knocks were fairly similar, especially in terms of "arm talent". I also know SPs history with QBs and know that he can squeeze every last but of talent out of a guy and think he could really turn Bo into a very good QB.
    Let's Rid3!!!!

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

These are the 2 evaluations of Bo Nix that I agree with. Am I just being overly optimistic and hopeful, almost a 100% certainty. Do I care? No. This is my football team, if I can't be stupidly optimistic and hopeful about them what is the point of living? I just want that guy to root for and I give Bo a good shot at being that dude.

Let's Rid3!!!!

Adopted Bronco:
    Quinn Meinerz

Quote Originally Posted by chazoe60 View Post
    Do not ever use the Patriots as the example of how to build a dynasty. That's like using a lottery winner as the example of how to becoming wealthy. They drafted the concesus GOAT (I disagree but...) in the 6th round. Trying to copy that is not a recipe for success. We could use every single one of our 5th, 6th and 7th round picks every year until we found the next Tom Brady and I suspect I would be teleporting to the game by the time they found him.
    I can't use this example.... I shouldn't use that example... Which model is supposed to be used?

Seahawks, Rams, Chiefs, Eagles, 49ers, Patriots, Bucs, Bengals, and the Quinn/Shanahan Falcons. Which of those teams that have made/won the Super Bowl should our franchise be modeling themselves after?

Also, the 49ers are starting a 7th round QB after trading away their first rounders. Isn't that kind of similar to New England early in their run?

Practically speaking, building a talented roster that features young guys like PS2, Meinerz, whichever pass rusher gets 12 sacks this year, and Mims makes sense right now vs. selling future picks when this team is just as likely to fall on their face next year with a few injuries and pick in the top 5.

Selling the farm to move up could crush both the present and the future, and just isn't how teams have been reaching the Super Bowl (unless they are in their window like the Rams).

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

Quote Originally Posted by UnderArmour View Post
    I can't use this example.... I shouldn't use that example... Which model is supposed to be used?

Seahawks, Rams, Chiefs, Eagles, 49ers, Patriots, Bucs, Bengals, and the Quinn/Shanahan Falcons. Which of those teams that have made/won the Super Bowl should our franchise be modeling themselves after?

Also, the 49ers are starting a 7th round QB after trading away their first rounders. Isn't that kind of similar to New England early in their run?

Practically speaking, building a talented roster that features young guys like PS2, Meinerz, whichever pass rusher gets 12 sacks this year, and Mims makes sense right now vs. selling future picks when this team is just as likely to fall on their face next year with a few injuries and pick in the top 5.

Selling the farm to move up could crush both the present and the future, and just isn't how teams have been reaching the Super Bowl (unless they are in their window like the Rams).
    I don't advocate moving up this year. After Minn made the trade to acquire that extra 1st I was out on moving up. It's going to be way too expensive and I would not like trading PS2 for anything other than very good comp and at this point we'd have to throw him and our 12 and probably next years 1 for a top 4 ish pick, and that might not even get it done in this batshit draft. I would only trade PS2 if it resulted in a shot at a FQB and a couple of other high picks as well, and in this market that ain't happening.
    Let's Rid3!!!!

14. The Following 2 Users High Fived chazoe60 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

I have decided that the one QB I want us to walk away with no matter what is Joe Milton. If there is a possible freaks in this draft not named Caleb Williams or Jayden Daniels is Joe Milton. Freak arm talent. Freak size/athlete ratio. I absolutely believe taking him in the 4th or 5th and just seeing what you have is a brilliant idea. I also think you can get him on the field as he develops And use him like Taysom Hill. Dog was talking about the murderers row of amazing QBs in the AFC and he ain't lying, the QB talent, especially in the AFC is insane. If the only way to really compete year is year out with those guys is to have a freak yourself then Joe Milton is definitely the "oh let me have a Powerball quick pick" version of that in this draft. His physical talents are crazy. I love his film, especially when he decides he's going to punish a DB for trying to tackle him. He's 6'5 235lbs and runs somewhere around the 4.6-4.7 range from what I can tell. He consistently runs away from defenders on tape. He actually reminds me a lot of Josh Allen when he came out.
    Let's Rid3!!!!

16. The Following 2 Users High Fived chazoe60 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Dogfish

You get it!

18. The Following User High Fived King87 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

Tell me this isn't the origin story of an X-Men version of a super freak NFL QB.

This is my dude.

https://www.wate.com/sports/from-cha...s-done-it-all/

It's sort of reminiscent of Von and his chickens, tattoo and all.
    Let's Rid3!!!!

21. The Following User High Fived chazoe60 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Quinn Meinerz

Quote Originally Posted by chazoe60 View Post
    Tell me this isn't the origin story of an X-Men version of a super freak NFL QB.

This is my dude.

https://www.wate.com/sports/from-cha...s-done-it-all/

It's sort of reminiscent of Von and his chickens, tattoo and all.
    I was high on him when the season ended. He is very raw, and his consistency needs a lot of work. Taking him in the 5th or 6th would be about the right level of investment. Even a 4th would be okay. His measurables are great. He has a canon that can punish defenders to make impossible plays possible.

23. The Following User High Fived UnderArmour For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information