Page 15 of 19 FirstFirst ... 5 13 14 15 16 17 ... LastLast

Thread: Don't trade PS2. Don't suggest trading him. Your hot take is bad.

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

Quote Originally Posted by Simple Jaded View Post
    PS2 is hugely popular among current and former CB’s, he’s legit.
    I'm not saying he isn't legit. He is easily our best player I totally understand that. He was ranked anywhere from 2 to 5 on most preseason lists of best CBs and I agree with that assessment, but production on the field has him much closer to that 5 ranking than that of #1. He had a forgettable year in terms of production on the field for a "shutdown" corner. If we had a defensive coordinator who wasn't a literal moron he would have had a better season. He is misused by VJ IMHO. I can't stand seeing PS2 playing 8-12 yds off the WR. This is another reason I'd be for trading him if the haul was enough, VJ doesn't know what the **** to do with a shutdown corner anyway.
    Let's Rid3!!!!

2. The Following 4 Users High Fived chazoe60 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

Quote Originally Posted by chazoe60 View Post
    I'm not saying he isn't legit. He is easily our best player I totally understand that. He was ranked anywhere from 2 to 5 on most preseason lists of best CBs and I agree with that assessment, but production on the field has him much closer to that 5 ranking than that of #1. He had a forgettable year in terms of production on the field for a "shutdown" corner. If we had a defensive coordinator who wasn't a literal moron he would have had a better season. He is misused by VJ IMHO. I can't stand seeing PS2 playing 8-12 yds off the WR. This is another reason I'd be for trading him if the haul was enough, VJ doesn't know what the **** to do with a shutdown corner anyway.
    I don’t think PS2 is best utilized in so much zone, either. But I’ve said it many times; if a player like PS2 doesn’t fit your system then the problem is your system.
    "Tuning ... into each other ... lift all higher”
    “I’m just different!”
    “ . . . Picture a cup in the middle of the sea”

Draft
    1st round— Cooper Dejean CB
    2nd round— Jack Sawyer OLB
    3rd round— Will Shipley RB
    4th round— Ricky Pearsall WR
    5th round— Ladd McKonkey WR
    6th round— Cash Jones RB
    7th round— Carson Steele RB

4. The Following 5 Users High Fived Simple Jaded For This Post:

Do we take a flier on Rattler? trade back and just get him plus an extra pick?

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

Quote Originally Posted by Bronco Yoda View Post
    Do we take a flier on Rattler? trade back and just get him plus an extra pick?
    No. Bo is the way. I know that's not the popular pick but I really think it's a good match.

I'm afraid of a big trade up for JJ. I'd be as excited as the next guy and be rooting for McCarthyism even more than I already do but I'd be worried that we traded a shit ton of capital for a game manager type.
    Let's Rid3!!!!

7. The Following 2 Users High Fived chazoe60 For This Post:

I can go along with this as long as he's a good fit for our new Offense.

I wonder how Bo would like throwing to Luke McCaffrey

No. Bo is the way. I know that's not the popular pick but I really think it's a good match.

I'm afraid of a big trade up for JJ. I'd be as excited as the next guy and be rooting for McCarthyism even more than I already do but I'd be worried that we traded a shit ton of capital for a game manager type.
    Did Oregon quarterback Bo Nix just give Denver Broncos head coach Sean Payton his elevator pitch? http://https://www.msn.com/en-us/spo...def11206&ei=18

Adopted Bronco:
    Rey

Anyone but penix jnr

But honestly - it would not surprise me if they trade back and don’t take a qb early - this off season reeks of tanking for a qb next year

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

Did Oregon quarterback Bo Nix just give Denver Broncos head coach Sean Payton his elevator pitch? http://https://www.msn.com/en-us/spo...def11206&ei=18
    I'm convinced that Bo's agent has coached him up with an emphasis on targeting the Broncos. He has answered everything in a way that seems to be saying "hey Sean Payton, all those things you say you value highly O do all of them". And if you watch the tape and listen to guys like Cosell and Ferrar, Chris Simms, Chase Daniel it's not that the kid is lying he really is strong at those things SP says he covets, but I do believe he is emphasizing them with a specific goal in mind.

I also find it interesting that some of the other QBs have specifically mentioned how hard the Broncos interview was while Bo just said "I won't get into specifics" and went on to talk about the fun and more goofy side of the interview with the shoe size question. I don't think they took it easy on him, I just think he's the type of guy that isn't going to bring it up and I bet SP likes that.

I just think it's going to be him and I think it's going to work. My optimism is high and probably higher than it should be as far as this kid goes but IDC, I get to be irrational about football, it's harmless and better for my mental health to think positively so that's what I'm doing.

I'll also be this way with any of the top 6 guys if we're able to land them. I see things I love about all of them.
    Let's Rid3!!!!

12. The Following User High Fived chazoe60 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    only Von

Quote Originally Posted by Valar Morghulis View Post
    Anyone but penix jnr
    you know it's bad when dave doesn't want penix

14. The Following User High Fived aberdien For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Baron Browning, Jaleel McLaughlin

Quote Originally Posted by aberdien View Post
    you know it's bad when dave doesn't want penix
    He's not fooling anyone!
    “When we do find that guy, we’ve got to have the continuity on the offensive side to where we can train him and develop him and get him there. This is our fourth offense in probably three or four years. Quarterbacks need to be developed. You don’t find one ready-made. We got to have a solid system in place for when we do go after whatever guy it may be, a young guy or a trade or whatnot.”
    - John Elway

16. The Following 2 Users High Fived dogfish For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Rey

Do want penix - just don’t want him as our qb

18. The Following User High Fived Valar Morghulis For This Post:

I'm convinced that Bo's agent has coached him up with an emphasis on targeting the Broncos. He has answered everything in a way that seems to be saying "hey Sean Payton, all those things you say you value highly O do all of them". And if you watch the tape and listen to guys like Cosell and Ferrar, Chris Simms, Chase Daniel it's not that the kid is lying he really is strong at those things SP says he covets, but I do believe he is emphasizing them with a specific goal in mind.

I also find it interesting that some of the other QBs have specifically mentioned how hard the Broncos interview was while Bo just said "I won't get into specifics" and went on to talk about the fun and more goofy side of the interview with the shoe size question. I don't think they took it easy on him, I just think he's the type of guy that isn't going to bring it up and I bet SP likes that.

I just think it's going to be him and I think it's going to work. My optimism is high and probably higher than it should be as far as this kid goes but IDC, I get to be irrational about football, it's harmless and better for my mental health to think positively so that's what I'm doing.

I'll also be this way with any of the top 6 guys if we're able to land them. I see things I love about all of them.
    You just know his agent was all over that one!

I just want a functioning cohesive offense that can score some points. I'll ask for exciting and fun later on if we somehow get there. We've been so dysfunctional for so long now.

For a total rebuild, I'm still really looking forward to this season. Probably a new QB, new uniforms , new offense. LFG!!!!

20. The Following 2 Users High Fived Bronco Yoda For This Post:

ok, I'm in a mood.

We are so behind the curve. Total rebuild.

I'm interested in a PS2 trade to either Buffalo or Bengals. I DO NOT WANT TO SEE A KC THREE-PEAT! screw dat!

PS2 next contract is going to be a monster and we're in no position to block KC this year or next.

How many picks you think we could get in a PS2 right now? He'd be a difference maker for either of these teams in the playoffs.

22. The Following 2 Users High Fived Bronco Yoda For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

ok, I'm in a mood.

We are so behind the curve. Total rebuild.

I'm interested in a PS2 trade to either Buffalo or Bengals. I DO NOT WANT TO SEE A KC THREE-PEAT! screw dat!

PS2 next contract is going to be a monster and we're in no position to block KC this year or next.

How many picks you think we could get in a PS2 right now? He'd be a difference maker for either of these teams in the playoffs.
    I think if we traded him to a contender drafting later in the 1st we could possibly get the 2 firsts mentioned a lot. If it's for a trade up he would just be the cherry on top to help us get over Minnesota's offer to a team.

If we do trade him I think it would be wise to target a team like Philly or SF. Maybe get a late 1 and a future 1 which would help us get a blue chip QB this year or give us more ammo for next year. Not sure I love that idea or not. I have said all along I only want to trade him if it gives us the chance at a FQB.

We'll see what happens. My optimism over this franchise has never been lower. I really hate that we went on that stupid meaningless run last year. So much of that run was plain dumb luck too, fumbles bouncing out way like I've never seen, Russ dropping passes right where they need to be and once in a generation type catches.

The football gods hate us and have decided to punish us for eternity.
    Let's Rid3!!!!

24. The Following 2 Users High Fived chazoe60 For This Post:

I think if we traded him to a contender drafting later in the 1st we could possibly get the 2 firsts mentioned a lot. If it's for a trade up he would just be the cherry on top to help us get over Minnesota's offer to a team.

If we do trade him I think it would be wise to target a team like Philly or SF. Maybe get a late 1 and a future 1 which would help us get a blue chip QB this year or give us more ammo for next year. Not sure I love that idea or not. I have said all along I only want to trade him if it gives us the chance at a FQB.

We'll see what happens. My optimism over this franchise has never been lower. I really hate that we went on that stupid meaningless run last year. So much of that run was plain dumb luck too, fumbles bouncing out way like I've never seen, Russ dropping passes right where they need to be and once in a generation type catches.

The football gods hate us and have decided to punish us for eternity.
    Right now I just want to stop KC!!!!

We can't do it.

If it will guarantee a franchise QB... then do it! But I really, really, really, want to block KC's rule over the Lombardi. And we simply can't do it. ...then help someone else do it while helping ourselves rebuild quicker. (and I'm willing to take weaker picks trading to a team that will keep KC in check)

Kill two birds... no, three birds with one stone.
    Last edited by Bronco Yoda; 04-13-2024 at 11:41 AM.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information