Page 5 of 19 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast

Thread: Don't trade PS2. Don't suggest trading him. Your hot take is bad.

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

Quote Originally Posted by chazoe60 View Post
    Even in hindsight knowing that that one decision would have knocked over all those dominoes I just mentioned? You'd take PS2 over all those other possibilities I lines out? That's fine, I respect your opinion but I'd take all those other possibilities if only for the CJ Stroud chance alone.
    I’d take PS2 over Micah Parsons too, even in hindsight.

Fields can still be a FQB, just saying.
    "Tuning ... into each other ... lift all higher”
    “I’m just different!”
    “ . . . Picture a cup in the middle of the sea”

Draft
    1st round— Cooper Dejean CB
    2nd round— Jack Sawyer OLB
    3rd round— Will Shipley RB
    4th round— Ricky Pearsall WR
    5th round— Ladd McKonkey WR
    6th round— Cash Jones RB
    7th round— Carson Steele RB

2. The Following User High Fived Simple Jaded For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Rey

Looks like Fields will get his shot in 2025 once Wilson retires - that’s was a wild trade!

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

Quote Originally Posted by Valar Morghulis View Post
    Looks like Fields will get his shot in 2025 once Wilson retires - that’s was a wild trade!
    Until the Stealers really see all the deficiencies he has. They'd be wise to play Fields, production will probably be similar(see virtually exact same results with Stidham) with way more upside.
    Let's Rid3!!!!

Adopted Bronco:
    Quinn Meinerz

Quote Originally Posted by Simple Jaded View Post
    You keep talking yourself into Minshew and Purdy . . . it’s almost as if you haven’t watched the last 25 years of Broncos history.
    I would take either of those guys over Wilson, Lock, Bridgewater, Flacco, Keenum, or Siemian. I would take Brock O. over Minshew.

Super Bowl 50 season doesn't happen without Brock Osweiler. We win Super Bowl 48 if we draft Russell Wilson over Brock (since the Seahawks don't make the Super Bowl without him). I'm personally of the thinking to not take a QB in the middle rounds unless you have at least a one round higher grade on the guy than the slot you take him at. There are other needs that are more important, and it is much cheaper and overall better for the team to develop a guy like Brett Rypien, Tyson Bagent, or Cooper Rush through having them run the 2nd offense in training camp and the scout team against the starting defense during the season.

I would agree that taking a QB in rounds 3 and 4 is generally bad, but occasionally guys like Dak Prescott slip through the cracks.

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

I can't fathom the idea of not taking Purdy on this team?
    Let's Rid3!!!!

7. The Following 2 Users High Fived chazoe60 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

How do you turn your nose up at a guy who lead the league in yds/att, ay/a, TD%, yds per comp.....while simultaneously being 2nd in comp %(behind Browning) throwing for 4,280yds, 31TDs, and leading his team to the SB. Seriously Jaded, do you hate the Broncos?
    Let's Rid3!!!!

Adopted Bronco:
    Baron Browning, Jaleel McLaughlin

I'll play. We don't have Trent Williams, Christian McCaffrey, Deebo Samuel, Brandon Ayuik, or George Kittle. Nevermind that defense. I'd take Justin Fields in Denver over Purdy right now, today.
    “When we do find that guy, we’ve got to have the continuity on the offensive side to where we can train him and develop him and get him there. This is our fourth offense in probably three or four years. Quarterbacks need to be developed. You don’t find one ready-made. We got to have a solid system in place for when we do go after whatever guy it may be, a young guy or a trade or whatnot.”
    - John Elway

10. The Following User High Fived dogfish For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

Quote Originally Posted by dogfish View Post
    I'll play. We don't have Trent Williams, Christian McCaffrey, Deebo Samuel, Brandon Ayuik, or George Kittle. Nevermind that defense. I'd take Justin Fields in Denver over Purdy right now, today.
    So Fields would have led them to the SB.. you think a kid who can't read defenses and can't take advantage of the middle of the field would have trumped Purdy on that team? So why the Hell did we release Russ then? If you'd take Fields over Purdy then you'd take Russ over him as well, they're essentially the same player with Russ being better I the pass game(unbelievably) and Fields being the better runner.
    Let's Rid3!!!!

Adopted Bronco:
    Quinn Meinerz

So Fields would have led them to the SB.. you think a kid who can't read defenses and can't take advantage of the middle of the field would have trumped Purdy on that team? So why the Hell did we release Russ then? If you'd take Fields over Purdy then you'd take Russ over him as well, they're essentially the same player with Russ being better I the pass game(unbelievably) and Fields being the better runner.
    Chicago's line and receiver situations have been a mess. The fact that Mooney got the deal he did is an absolute joke. Their line is better this year, and adding Allen will be a huge asset. Cole Kmet is a solid receiver, but he had to stay in and protect because of how bad the line was. Very few QBs would have success there. Fortunately, they have spent this offseason quietly upgrading their depth on the line and I feel letting Mooney walk is addition by subtraction. If the Bears had gone with CJ Stroud or Bryce Young last year, neither would have been successful.

It is hard to speak to Fields's football IQ or how he would fit into Shanahan's offense. Trey Lance didn't work out for them, but some of that is injury related. We will see based on how things turn out in Pittsburgh.

13. The Following User High Fived UnderArmour For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Baron Browning, Jaleel McLaughlin

Lance was raw as botulism, and they gave up on him after like 8 starts. That's madness. Go look at what Kyle did with the Redskins offense RGIII's rookie year, and tell me Justin Fields couldn't have success in that offense. He's also tall enough to see over the line and throw over the middle of the field, has better wheels than even prime Russ, and he's not trying to have a second career as a social media influencer. I'll take him over Wilson all day, every day, and twice on Sunday.

Chaz, for years now Josh Allen has been the epitome of everything you want in a QB. Like a month ago you were saying we need to find a QB, "the freakier the better." Did that Mahomes air yards stat really change your entire philosophy overnight, or is this just you talking yourself into a game manager because your heart knows that's exactly what Payton and the Donks are about to give you?
    “When we do find that guy, we’ve got to have the continuity on the offensive side to where we can train him and develop him and get him there. This is our fourth offense in probably three or four years. Quarterbacks need to be developed. You don’t find one ready-made. We got to have a solid system in place for when we do go after whatever guy it may be, a young guy or a trade or whatnot.”
    - John Elway

15. The Following User High Fived dogfish For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

Quote Originally Posted by dogfish View Post
    Lance was raw as botulism, and they gave up on him after like 8 starts. That's madness. Go look at what Kyle did with the Redskins offense RGIII's rookie year, and tell me Justin Fields couldn't have success in that offense. He's also tall enough to see over the line and throw over the middle of the field, has better wheels than even prime Russ, and he's not trying to have a second career as a social media influencer. I'll take him over Wilson all day, every day, and twice on Sunday.

Chaz, for years now Josh Allen has been the epitome of everything you want in a QB. Like a month ago you were saying we need to find a QB, "the freakier the better." Did that Mahomes air yards stat really change your entire philosophy overnight, or is this just you talking yourself into a game manager because your heart knows that's exactly what Payton and the Donks are about to give you?
    I still stand by that. I will also contrnd that there isn't a soul on Earth who knew just how freaky Mahomes was. If that were so obvious me thinks 9 teams wouldn't have passed on him. If I knew who the real freak was, outside of Williams, I'd be pounding the table for him. I see possible freaks all over.
    You can't know until you try. If the Broncos, and the fans, keep accepting that for some reason the Broncos just aren't allowed to draft and develop a QB and the only way we even want them to attempt it is if a known freak falls into their laps, we'll be waiting forever.

As far as the Purdy debate, I'm not saying I want us to call the 9ers and offer them PS2 or even the #12 pick, I'm just saying that if you have watched what we've watched at QB for damn near a decade and would scoff at Brock Purdy somehow ending up on this team you need your head examined.

Purdy was drafted the same year we traded for Russ, if you could go back and draft Purdy in the 6th instead of trading for Russ and you would turn that down. I don't know what to say. Ie. give me the next possible Brock Purdy over Case Keenum, Teddy Bridgewater, Brandon Allen, Russell Wilson, etc ...
    Let's Rid3!!!!

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

I will also argue that being a game manager at a super elite level can be considered freaky. The freakiest game manager of all time is the guy that right now would win a poll of who is the GOAT. I wouldn't agree, but the reality is that Tom Brady is considered the GOAT by most and he was nothing more than the best game manager that ever lived.

It was maddening watching him complete 7 yrd passes alldayeryday. Brock Purdy if he's a game manager he's really ******* good at it and I haven't seen the Denver Broncos consistently do anything elite at the QB position since those 3 years with world beater PFM, and it was game manager PFM with the hardware.

People act like this has only been QB purgatory since PFM retired but I all reality this franchise has seen nothing but absolute dog shit QB play since Elway retired with the exception of two 4 year stints one by Plummer and the other by Manning.

I openly admit that in terms of drafting QBs I am mentally scarred by this franchise. Yes, my take on us drafting a QB is extreme, but I just can't let them get away with ******* this up yet again. One more chance and I'm out after that. Might join my boy Kinger in the land of the "I'll root for a team that I at least feel isn't literally okay with a one and done playoff season"

That is the franchise we currently root for. A one and done playoff season would be fed to us like all is well, then we'd sign whichever schlub was at the helm(Stidham or some Donald clone next season) to a big extension, miss the playoffs the following year and all this bullshit will start again. I can see this shit like Nostradamus, because it is built into the Denver Broncos DNA apparently. That's the message that will be sent to me without a 1st rd QB this draft.

IDC if that is irrational. This is the thing in my life that I get to be the most irrational about. In the end it doesn't matter and that's partly why it matters to me so much. ITS OKAY TO WHIFF ON A QB, LOOK AT THE BEARS RIGHT NOW. So take a shot and when you find out you whiffed(which you will because they almost all are whiffs), take another shot and another and another. This franchise takes a shot in a 1st rd QB about once a decade(probably worse than that actually) whiffs, curls into a ball and says "oh my God we can't try that again" and signs cast offs and the cycle starts all over again. I hate it.
    Let's Rid3!!!!

18. The Following User High Fived chazoe60 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    PS2

No matter how much freak ability a guy has he’s still got to learn an offense and be able to play within a system. There have been too many elite athlete level QBs who’ve washed out of the league. Way more than you’d expect. Would it be awesome to have another Elway-esque QB with a cannon arm, accuracy, and leadership who can win from the pocket and use his legs when needed? Of course. Would it be almost as good to have a guy who can carve up a defense pre-snap and always seem to find the open guy but can’t run a 5 flat 40? Yeah that’s okay, too. I know Mahomes, Allen, and Jackson are the gold standard right now, but I’d be just as happy, if not happier, with a Brady, Manning, Marino, Montana type QB. This is more important than a run around guy. I’d take a guy like Penix or Nix (provided they can do pre snap reads and throw accurately from the pocket) over a guy like Williams and Daniels who have to rely on their legs to get out of trouble instead of seeing the trouble coming and accounting for it before the ball is even snapped.

If we just wanted an athlete QB who can make all the throws and scramble around, we should’ve just traded for Fields. There’s almost zero difference between him and Jayden Daniels. The thing that separates QBs isn’t ridiculous athletics and cannon arms. It’s being able to learn the damned playbook and run your team’s system. That’s what I want more than anything. If Payton thinks that’s McCarthy, or Nix, or Penix, do whatever it takes to get him. If that’s someone later on like Rattler or Pratt, so be it. Once a guy knows how to be a good pocket QB, he always will be. If he doesn’t, he becomes a money stealing fraud like Russell Wilson once his athletic ability wanes or he gets out of the only system that might work for him.
    Last edited by HORSEPOWER 56; 03-17-2024 at 05:47 PM.

“Tact is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.” -Winston Churchill

20. The Following 3 Users High Fived HORSEPOWER 56 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    PS2

People act like this has only been QB purgatory since PFM retired but I all reality this franchise has seen nothing but absolute dog shit QB play since Elway retired with the exception of two 4 year stints one by Plummer and the other by Manning.
    I hate to poo poo on everyone’s favorite handball player, but Plummer was a dog shit QB. He essentially was Russell Wilson who could only read half the field on a naked bootleg. He just had a much better squad and coaching staff than Russ did. He didn’t learn the offense and threw as many picks as he did TDs. He sucked royally. There’s a reason Shanahan replaced him with a first round draft pick while he was still “in his prime”. Fans loved his beard and hippy IDGAF attitude but the dude was terrible. The Broncos won in spite of him rather than because of him.

“Tact is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.” -Winston Churchill

22. The Following 2 Users High Fived HORSEPOWER 56 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

Quote Originally Posted by HORSEPOWER 56 View Post
    I hate to poo poo on everyone’s favorite handball player, but Plummer was a dog shit QB. He essentially was Russell Wilson who could only read half the field on a naked bootleg. He just had a much better squad and coaching staff than Russ did. He didn’t learn the offense and threw as many picks as he did TDs. He sucked royally. There’s a reason Shanahan replaced him with a first round draft pick while he was still “in his prime”. Fans loved his beard and hippy IDGAF attitude but the dude was terrible. The Broncos won in spite of him rather than because of him.
    Maybe you're right. How the ever living **** would I know? I almost exclusively watch this dog shit franchise. Jake ******* Plummer is a first ballot Hall of ******* famer in my eyes. I've been watching mostly handicapped dolts try to play the position.

Let's Rid3!!!!

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information