Page 16 of 19 FirstFirst ... 6 14 15 16 17 18 ... LastLast

Thread: Don't trade PS2. Don't suggest trading him. Your hot take is bad.

Quote Originally Posted by chazoe60 View Post
    We'll see what happens. My optimism over this franchise has never been lower. I really hate that we went on that stupid meaningless run last year. So much of that run was plain dumb luck too, fumbles bouncing out way like I've never seen, Russ dropping passes right where they need to be and once in a generation type catches.

The football gods hate us and have decided to punish us for eternity.
    That was the strangest lucky run with turnovers I've ever seen with this team. Ever...

Quote Originally Posted by Valar Morghulis View Post
    Anyone but penix jnr

But honestly - it would not surprise me if they trade back and don’t take a qb early - this off season reeks of tanking for a qb next year
    Sean Payton NEVER trades back early. History shows that he does just the opposite.

3. The Following User High Fived Bronco Yoda For This Post:

Buffalo has the 18th pick and is projected by many to be targeting a CB..........

Let's go kill three birds with one stone

5. The Following User High Fived Bronco Yoda For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

Quote Originally Posted by Valar Morghulis View Post
    Anyone but penix jnr

But honestly - it would not surprise me if they trade back and don’t take a qb early - this off season reeks of tanking for a qb next year
    Penix has everything you look for in a FQB.

The Broncos are not tanking, these are just the kind of offseason acquisitions you get when a super arrogant HC has personnel control and only wants “his guys”.
    "Tuning ... into each other ... lift all higher”
    “I’m just different!”
    “ . . . Picture a cup in the middle of the sea”

Draft
    1st round— Cooper Dejean CB
    2nd round— Jack Sawyer OLB
    3rd round— Will Shipley RB
    4th round— Ricky Pearsall WR
    5th round— Ladd McKonkey WR
    6th round— Cash Jones RB
    7th round— Carson Steele RB

7. The Following 2 Users High Fived Simple Jaded For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Dogfish

Quote Originally Posted by Simple Jaded View Post

The Broncos are not tanking, these are just the kind of offseason acquisitions you get when a super arrogant HC has personnel control and only wants “his guys”.
    Oh, so this is tanking, but without the net benefit at the end of the season?

Sounds awful.

9. The Following 2 Users High Fived King87 For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Simple Jaded View Post

I got worried about the way Penix was seeing ghosts in the National Championship game. I know - small sample size, but that was concerning.
    “If there are no animals in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went.” - Will Rogers (paraphrased)

11. The Following 2 Users High Fived spikerman For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

Quote Originally Posted by spikerman View Post
    I got worried about the way Penix was seeing ghosts in the National Championship game. I know - small sample size, but that was concerning.
    Watch the ASU game if you really want to get worried about Penix. That game is even uglier. He looks a lot like a one trick pony to me.
    Let's Rid3!!!!

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

Let's Rid3!!!!

According to reports, the Denver Broncos are interested in trading up in the 2024 NFL Draft for a top-tier quarterback and are open to trading two of their stars to acquire a better position.

Can you imagine trading both our top stars for this rebuild

Adopted Bronco:
    Baron Browning, Jaleel McLaughlin

Quote Originally Posted by Bronco Yoda View Post
    According to reports, the Denver Broncos are interested in trading up in the 2024 NFL Draft for a top-tier quarterback and are open to trading two of their stars to acquire a better position.

Can you imagine trading both our top stars for this rebuild
    That's hilarious. We only have one star. And I would happily trade him for a potential franchise QB. If they want Sutton or Bolles as well, fine. Especially with Sutton now asking for a new contract. Screw that noise. Dude is solid, but 59 catches and 700-some yards isn't close to a "give me more money" season.
    “When we do find that guy, we’ve got to have the continuity on the offensive side to where we can train him and develop him and get him there. This is our fourth offense in probably three or four years. Quarterbacks need to be developed. You don’t find one ready-made. We got to have a solid system in place for when we do go after whatever guy it may be, a young guy or a trade or whatnot.”
    - John Elway

16. The Following 6 Users High Fived dogfish For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by dogfish View Post
    That's hilarious. We only have one star. And I would happily trade him for a potential franchise QB. If they want Sutton or Bolles as well, fine. Especially with Sutton now asking for a new contract. Screw that noise. Dude is solid, but 59 catches and 700-some yards isn't close to a "give me more money" season.
    Says you. Sutton may not be the star you want ...but he's the star we have.

Adopted Bronco:
    Quinn Meinerz

Sutton is a good player, but he is certainly not a star. PS2 is the only star, Quinn Meinerz is the 2nd best player on the roster, and after that Mims is the only guy who is exciting. I like our pass rushers too, but this is a 2011 situation where everything could use an upgrade.

Hence the thread... When your roster sucks this much, don't trade away the few great pieces you have.

19. The Following 2 Users High Fived UnderArmour For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

Meinerz is a star in terms of what NFL franchises consider stardom. He will be a top 5 Guard in terms of contract when his comes due, that is how you gauge who NFL FO's see as stars. Meinerz is probably our second most valuable trade asset. He is a top player at his position still under team control, that's tradable.

I will be mad if we trade Meinerz, I do not want that to happen just making a point.
    Let's Rid3!!!!

21. The Following 3 Users High Fived chazoe60 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Baron Browning, Jaleel McLaughlin

Says math. They're right, Meinerz is absolutely the best player on our offense, and the second best player on our team.
    “When we do find that guy, we’ve got to have the continuity on the offensive side to where we can train him and develop him and get him there. This is our fourth offense in probably three or four years. Quarterbacks need to be developed. You don’t find one ready-made. We got to have a solid system in place for when we do go after whatever guy it may be, a young guy or a trade or whatnot.”
    - John Elway

23. The Following User High Fived dogfish For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

Sutton a star . . . Not so much. I’d trade him for a 12-pack and large pizza, and if the Broncos could get anything for him he’d already be gone.

If he really wants a new contract I’d just cut him outta spite. This feels like a passive aggressive move to get out of Denver.
    "Tuning ... into each other ... lift all higher”
    “I’m just different!”
    “ . . . Picture a cup in the middle of the sea”

Draft
    1st round— Cooper Dejean CB
    2nd round— Jack Sawyer OLB
    3rd round— Will Shipley RB
    4th round— Ricky Pearsall WR
    5th round— Ladd McKonkey WR
    6th round— Cash Jones RB
    7th round— Carson Steele RB

25. The Following 2 Users High Fived Simple Jaded For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information