Page 6 of 19 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 16 ... LastLast

Thread: Don't trade PS2. Don't suggest trading him. Your hot take is bad.

Quote Originally Posted by HORSEPOWER 56 View Post
    I hate to poo poo on everyone’s favorite handball player, but Plummer was a dog shit QB. He essentially was Russell Wilson who could only read half the field on a naked bootleg. He just had a much better squad and coaching staff than Russ did. He didn’t learn the offense and threw as many picks as he did TDs. He sucked royally. There’s a reason Shanahan replaced him with a first round draft pick while he was still “in his prime”. Fans loved his beard and hippy IDGAF attitude but the dude was terrible. The Broncos won in spite of him rather than because of him.
    So nice to hear someone else share this opinion. It seems it ain’t popular to hate on Plummer. I got ******* tired of being anxious every time he started to improvise, because mostly bad stuff happened.

2. The Following 2 Users High Fived Eddiemac87 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    PS2

Quote Originally Posted by Eddiemac87 View Post
    So nice to hear someone else share this opinion. It seems it ain’t popular to hate on Plummer. I got ******* tired of being anxious every time he started to improvise, because mostly bad stuff happened.
    I think Jake was a likable guy and that helped his cause a lot back then, especially when you saw other starting QBs in the league that weren’t any good like Cordell Stewart week to week. I do remember, however that after the first couple seasons, the fanbase had all but turned on Plummer and wanted him gone. He got a lot of weird “cool points” for being a hippie, and driving a cheap Honda SUV, acting like a normal guy, and then refusing the trade to TB to retire and play handball for some reason, but he wasn’t a good QB.

All teams had to do to beat Plummer was take away the naked bootleg and make him throw from the pocket. Every team that did that beat us. What kind of QB can’t throw reliably from the pocket? The one I don’t want.
    Last edited by HORSEPOWER 56; 03-18-2024 at 11:52 AM.

“Tact is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.” -Winston Churchill

Adopted Bronco:
    Baron Browning, Jaleel McLaughlin

Quote Originally Posted by HORSEPOWER 56 View Post
    I hate to poo poo on everyone’s favorite handball player, but Plummer was a dog shit QB. He essentially was Russell Wilson who could only read half the field on a naked bootleg. He just had a much better squad and coaching staff than Russ did. He didn’t learn the offense and threw as many picks as he did TDs. He sucked royally. There’s a reason Shanahan replaced him with a first round draft pick while he was still “in his prime”. Fans loved his beard and hippy IDGAF attitude but the dude was terrible. The Broncos won in spite of him rather than because of him.
    He was a garbage QB. Donkey fans loved him because he came along when they were desperate.
    “When we do find that guy, we’ve got to have the continuity on the offensive side to where we can train him and develop him and get him there. This is our fourth offense in probably three or four years. Quarterbacks need to be developed. You don’t find one ready-made. We got to have a solid system in place for when we do go after whatever guy it may be, a young guy or a trade or whatnot.”
    - John Elway

5. The Following User High Fived dogfish For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Dogfish

Meh, you needed him. Show respect.

Adopted Bronco:
    only Von

I will not accept the Mushroom Jake slander. Cease and desist, thank you

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

Even if Plummer was garbage it only reinforces my point. The Denver Broncos should be bitch slapped like the dip shits they are for the way they handle the most important position in sports. If they kick the can down the road once again I hope they lose their sell out streak. They need to start suffering some consequences from the fans.
    Let's Rid3!!!!

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

I went 10 straight years of watching/listening to all or parts of at least 100 Rockies games per season, I have not watched a Rockies game for 2 seasons. I can't abide the Bullshit anymore and the Broncos are getting dangerously close to being thrown into that same bucket of shit that I just ignore. Not that the Broncos give a shit, I realize that, but I wonder how many other fans are starting to feel this way.
    Let's Rid3!!!!

10. The Following 3 Users High Fived chazoe60 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

I think I just heard James Merilatt say arguably the dumbest thing I have ever heard. He literally said when discussing Stidham Vs. Russ the last two weeks "The numbers were the same, the score of the games was the same but it was different."

**** off. I'm glad you're happy that the Stealers got Russ James, but don't let it make you say stupid shit like that.
    Let's Rid3!!!!

12. The Following User High Fived chazoe60 For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by chazoe60 View Post
    I went 10 straight years of watching/listening to all or parts of at least 100 Rockies games per season, I have not watched a Rockies game for 2 seasons. I can't abide the Bullshit anymore and the Broncos are getting dangerously close to being thrown into that same bucket of shit that I just ignore. Not that the Broncos give a shit, I realize that, but I wonder how many other fans are starting to feel this way.
    I feel exactly the same. It took about 5 games for me to give up on Russ when Denver traded for him. I probably watched 4 quarters of Broncos all year last season.

14. The Following 2 Users High Fived Slick For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

Anyone else think it's funny how some people are freaking out over Klis saying the Broncos are willing to go with Stidham as week one starter while they bring a rookie along? Like, duh? This should not be a shock to anyone. They've all but shouted it from the rooftops as they've watched washed up has beens signing inflated contract after inflated contract. I for am very thankful they've steered clear of this dumpster fire QB FA market.

Shit, if they really are just looking toward next year take Rattler in the 3rd and throw him to the wolves for cheap and see if he comes out clean the other side. Shit, I'd like that a helluva lot better than watching Jimmy G flail around back there while Broncos brass blew wind up our skirts about how great it is to have a "veteran presence" back there.

If you trade up or take your guy at 12 and truly look at him as your long term guy then that changes but if you draft Bowers or an edge or something then at least grab a sacrificial lamb who might be a lion in disguise for cheap in the third and let the fun begin.
    Let's Rid3!!!!

16. The Following User High Fived chazoe60 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Patrick Surtain II

Quote Originally Posted by dogfish View Post
    He was a garbage QB. Donkey fans loved him because he came along when they were desperate.
    Since Elway, when aren't we desperate?
    2009 & 2020 Broncos Forums Pick'em King
    2011 & 2019 Broncos Forums Survival Football Champion

18. The Following User High Fived Canmore For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Quinn Meinerz

Quote Originally Posted by chazoe60 View Post
    Anyone else think it's funny how some people are freaking out over Klis saying the Broncos are willing to go with Stidham as week one starter while they bring a rookie along? Like, duh? This should not be a shock to anyone. They've all but shouted it from the rooftops as they've watched washed up has beens signing inflated contract after inflated contract. I for am very thankful they've steered clear of this dumpster fire QB FA market.

Shit, if they really are just looking toward next year take Rattler in the 3rd and throw him to the wolves for cheap and see if he comes out clean the other side. Shit, I'd like that a helluva lot better than watching Jimmy G flail around back there while Broncos brass blew wind up our skirts about how great it is to have a "veteran presence" back there.

If you trade up or take your guy at 12 and truly look at him as your long term guy then that changes but if you draft Bowers or an edge or something then at least grab a sacrificial lamb who might be a lion in disguise for cheap in the third and let the fun begin.
    At this point, trading for a Cooper Rush, Tyson Bagent, or Bailey Zappe to compete with Stidham and ignoring QB in the draft wouldn't surprise me. I think Sean Payton thinks he can make guys fit his system as long as they are pocket passers first. In his last year in New Orleans, Payton relied on Siemian, Winston, and Hill at various points due to injuries.

Jake the Snake was the man. Benching him for Cok6 ultimately ended The Mastermind, a HOF coach.

21. The Following 2 Users High Fived tubby For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    PS2

Quote Originally Posted by tubby View Post
    Jake the Snake was the man. Benching him for Cok6 ultimately ended The Mastermind, a HOF coach.
    It wasn’t Cutler that ended the Mastermind, it was his loyalty to Bob Slowik and the league’s worst defense combined with years of poor drafting and FA signings which wrecked that cap and gave the Broncos a terribly depleted roster of losers - Dale Carter, Darryl Gardener, the Browncos, etc.

“Tact is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.” -Winston Churchill

23. The Following 2 Users High Fived HORSEPOWER 56 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Dogfish

Jarvis Moss was not a boss.

25. The Following 2 Users High Fived King87 For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information