Page 8 of 19 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 18 ... LastLast

Thread: Don't trade PS2. Don't suggest trading him. Your hot take is bad.

Adopted Bronco:
    Rey

Quote Originally Posted by Simple Jaded View Post
    What do they do at QB if they don’t draft one 1st round?
    Ryan tannehill

2. The Following User High Fived Valar Morghulis For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Rey

Cards looking to trade back - PS2 should be packing his bags along with anyone else we could package to get that pick

4. The Following 3 Users High Fived Valar Morghulis For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

Quote Originally Posted by Valar Morghulis View Post
    Cards looking to trade back - PS2 should be packing his bags along with anyone else we could package to get that pick
    I don't think it's gonna happen.
    Let's Rid3!!!!

Adopted Bronco:
    Rey

Neither do I - free agency really looks like we are in it for next years draft and that this will be a lost season (another lost season - although this time will be deliberate!)

Adopted Bronco:
    Kendall Hinton!

Doom & gloom from y'all. I'm not expecting a ton of wins, but we'll be competitive. It's Sean's nature, as well as anyone good enough to make it to the NFL.

I don't think we're as bad as some of you all think. We're not a playoff team, but we're not going to compete for the first overall pick either.

8. The Following User High Fived BroncoJoe For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Dogfish

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoJoe View Post
    Doom & gloom from y'all. I'm not expecting a ton of wins, but we'll be competitive. It's Sean's nature, as well as anyone good enough to make it to the NFL.

I don't think we're as bad as some of you all think. We're not a playoff team, but we're not going to compete for the first overall pick either.
    That’s literally why it’s doom and gloom. You might be in purgatory.

10. The Following 3 Users High Fived King87 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Rey

This is a terrible take

We were barely competitive with the players we had - and we ain’t replaced them, SP wants to tank that’s not doom and gloom - it’s probably our best way out of purgatory

12. The Following User High Fived Valar Morghulis For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Baron Browning, Jaleel McLaughlin

That's literally the worst possible scenario.
    “When we do find that guy, we’ve got to have the continuity on the offensive side to where we can train him and develop him and get him there. This is our fourth offense in probably three or four years. Quarterbacks need to be developed. You don’t find one ready-made. We got to have a solid system in place for when we do go after whatever guy it may be, a young guy or a trade or whatnot.”
    - John Elway

14. The Following 2 Users High Fived dogfish For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

The worst thing that could happen to this franchise IMHO is if we start Stidham all season and go 6-12 to 9-8. The best we start Stidham and he turns out to be the best QB in the world and nobody knew it but SP.
    One of those things has an exponentially better chance of happening.

Draft and develop a rookie QB this season, or suck terribly bad, I mean really really bad and draft the best QB in next years draft.

A 9 win next season while a winning season on paper would be a much less favorable outcome for the long term health of this organization than a 3 win season. That's just my opinion.
    Let's Rid3!!!!

16. The Following User High Fived chazoe60 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Kendall Hinton!

Drafted QB's:

Patrick Mahomes - #10

Josh Allen - #7

Justin Herbert - #6

Lamar Jackson - #32

Jalen Hurts - #53

Dak Prescott - #135

Aaron Rodgers - #24

Tua Tagovailoa - #5

Tom Brady - #199

Deshaun Watson - #12

Kirk Cousins - #102

Ryan Tannehill - #8

Russell Wilson - #75

Geno Smith - #39

Daniel Jones - #6

Justin Fields - #11

Jimmy Garropolo - #62

Davis Mills - #67

Derek Carr -#36

Mac Jones - #15

Sam Ehlinger - #218

Kenny Pickett - #20

Andy Dalton - #35

I will never support a tank. I've never given up in my own life, and don't hope or wish them to either.
    Last edited by BroncoJoe; 03-21-2024 at 03:04 PM.

Adopted Bronco:
    Kendall Hinton!

Additionally:

Top 5 QB Picks in the last ten years

Joe Burrow

Matt Stafford

Kyler Murray

Tua Tagovailoa

Jared Goff

Baker Mayfield

Carson Wentz

Andrew Luck

RG3

Mitch Trubisky

Trevor Lawrence

Zach Wilson

Marcus Mariota

Trey Lance

Jameis Winston

Blake Bortles

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

I don't see "it" as giving up, but rather the opposite. What I mean by "it" is taking a disciplined approach to building a dynasty. That might likely include some short term pain but that doesn't mean playing to lose.

There's a lot of tension in what I just said, it's got to be tricky being a GM or HC or owner in this kind of situation. You can't ever field a team and say "it's ok to suck, our expectations are low this year" that just isn't how competitors operate. On the other hand, to use a F1 racing analogy, if you honestly assess your race car and realize it's not a podium-finish type of car, you gotta do something more than put lipstick on the driver.

I think peeps up in this joint expect there *must* be short term pain to lay the type of foundation necessary for dynastic success. Conversely, if there is not this short-term pain, then it might seem to us that leadership is once more eschewing a long-term success vision.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sting
    "You know cos I just lost my parents--both my parents died in the same year...to this day, people come up to me and say 'my dad died and that album really meant a lot to me,' which is very nourishing {pats heart} for a songwriter to hear that your songs have a utility beyond just their own solace, that it actually helps other people."

20. The Following 4 Users High Fived Hawgdriver For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Kendall Hinton!

My point is, many of us (not me though) are too hung up on draft position when gems are found all throughout the draft. Sometimes, even undrafted players.

Rod Smith & TD might have something to say. Oh, Shannon Sharpe too.

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

My point is, many of us (not me though) are too hung up on draft position when gems are found all throughout the draft. Sometimes, even undrafted players.

Rod Smith & TD might have something to say. Oh, Shannon Sharpe too.
    Absolutely. And Mahomes wasn't taken first overall. But having 32 options for your first round pick beats having one (you get the idea). Over time, and on balance, that increased opportunity translates to wins. Some franchises just suck and turn a Steve Young into a loser, doesn't mean that #1 draft pick wasn't worth a ton of wins.

Still...when do you know you are a contender if you aren't giving it 100 all the time? Ain't like a light goes off once "rebuilding" is done and winning is supposed to begin.

I appreciate your contribution, Joe..
    Quote Originally Posted by Sting
    "You know cos I just lost my parents--both my parents died in the same year...to this day, people come up to me and say 'my dad died and that album really meant a lot to me,' which is very nourishing {pats heart} for a songwriter to hear that your songs have a utility beyond just their own solace, that it actually helps other people."

23. The Following 2 Users High Fived Hawgdriver For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Baron Browning, Jaleel McLaughlin

Quote Originally Posted by Valar Morghulis View Post
    Ryan tannehill
    Jarrett Stidham.
    “When we do find that guy, we’ve got to have the continuity on the offensive side to where we can train him and develop him and get him there. This is our fourth offense in probably three or four years. Quarterbacks need to be developed. You don’t find one ready-made. We got to have a solid system in place for when we do go after whatever guy it may be, a young guy or a trade or whatnot.”
    - John Elway

25. The Following User High Fived dogfish For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information