Thread: Broncos need to follow their blueprint of success.

Adopted Bronco:
    Ron Dayne

Default Broncos need to follow their blueprint of success.

The best quarterbacks the broncos have ever had have been drafted #1 overall by the Colts franchise.

They should be going after:
    Jeff George (who I am sure at age 56 can still sling it)
    Andrew Luck (lure him back in the league by telling he can compliment his opponents a lot more these days since players on other teams are happy to play the Broncos now).

Which one would you prefer?

2. The Following User High Fived sneakers For This Post:

I like where your heads at sneakers.

Luck would ball out bare pickle under Payton. He's only 34 years old.

Quote Originally Posted by tubby View Post
    I like where your heads at sneakers.

Luck would ball out bare pickle under Payton. He's only 34 years old.
    And about 190 pounds

Adopted Bronco:
    Ron Dayne

Quote Originally Posted by Al Wilson 4 Mayor View Post
    And about 190 pounds
    Most of that weight is facial hair tho

Adopted Bronco:
    PS2

The Broncos need to keep following their current trajectory of getting rid of high priced players and trying to obtain draft capital. Sutton should be traded next for whatever we can get. Rumor is, the Jets really wanted Jeudy and might be interested in Sutton, too. His contract is reasonable based on his production as a red zone TD machine and he’s still got 2 more years on it. If someone offers a 4th rounder, take it. Maybe package Sutton and #12 to the Jets for #10 overall and get another $10 million in cap space. I’d do it.

I’d shop PS2 for a top 10 draft pick or 2 late first rounders (which is what the Jags got for Jalen Ramsay). How nice would it be if say, Atlanta signed Cousins in FA and was willing to give up #8 overall for PS2 while we also kept #12. Get the QBOTF at 8 and an OT or best defensive player available at 12. Or, if the QB Payton wants isn’t available at 8 we take the best OT and trade down from 12 to later in the first for Nix or Penix. We could even package 8 and 12 to get up into the top 4 and get either Maye or McCarthy if that’s who Payton desires. If we got an OT, we could trade/cut Bolles and save even more cap. Plus we’d have a LT and QB who could grow together.

Just some things I’ve been thinking about could work if we make them work. We need to cut the fat and do some savvy trading and drafting to get this rebuild going correctly. I’m all aboard for a rebuild, but I also don’t want it to take 5 years. The Texans got their QB and went young and turned it around in a season. Payton can turn this around in 2 years with a little luck and a lot of strategy.
    Last edited by HORSEPOWER 56; 03-10-2024 at 07:44 AM.

“Tact is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.” -Winston Churchill

7. The Following 3 Users High Fived HORSEPOWER 56 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Quinn Meinerz

Quote Originally Posted by HORSEPOWER 56 View Post
    The Broncos need to keep following their current trajectory of getting rid of high priced players and trying to obtain draft capital. Sutton should be traded next for whatever we can get. Rumor is, the Jets really wanted Jeudy and might be interested in Sutton, too. His contract is reasonable based on his production as a red zone TD machine and he’s still got 2 more years on it. If someone offers a 4th rounder, take it. Maybe package Sutton and #12 to the Jets for #10 overall and get another $10 million in cap space. I’d do it.

I’d shop PS2 for a top 10 draft pick or 2 late first rounders (which is what the Jags got for Jalen Ramsay). How nice would it be if say, Atlanta signed Cousins in FA and was willing to give up #8 overall for PS2 while we also kept #12. Get the QBOTF at 8 and an OT or best defensive player available at 12. Or, if the QB Payton wants isn’t available at 8 we take the best OT and trade down from 12 to later in the first for Nix or Penix. We could even package 8 and 12 to get up into the top 4 and get either Maye or McCarthy if that’s who Payton desires. If we got an OT, we could trade/cut Bolles and save even more cap. Plus we’d have a LT and QB who could grow together.

Just some things I’ve been thinking about could work if we make them work. We need to cut the fat and do some savvy trading and drafting to get this rebuild going correctly. I’m all aboard for a rebuild, but I also don’t want it to take 5 years. The Texans got their QB and went young and turned it around in a season. Payton can turn this around in 2 years with a little luck and a lot of strategy.
    Agreed on Sutton. Disagree on PS2. His value is higher, and I think it is okay to take less when it comes to high priced veterans as necessary to clear cap and recoup some value, but for generational players anything less than three firsts, including one in the top 10 this year, and the phone should be immediately hung up.

This will be a team competing for the division in 2026 depending on how the cap hits are distributed, and it is important to keep your core guys around if that's going to happen.

Adopted Bronco:
    Baron Browning, Jaleel McLaughlin

Quote Originally Posted by HORSEPOWER 56 View Post

Stop making sense!
    “When we do find that guy, we’ve got to have the continuity on the offensive side to where we can train him and develop him and get him there. This is our fourth offense in probably three or four years. Quarterbacks need to be developed. You don’t find one ready-made. We got to have a solid system in place for when we do go after whatever guy it may be, a young guy or a trade or whatnot.”
    - John Elway

10. The Following User High Fived dogfish For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

I think we should continue the course we've been doing since PFM retired and we should sign Sam Darnold and draft the BPA. If we do this right we can be drafting 15th next year when there are arguably zero Stud QBs in the draft (sorry Sanders fans but he'd probably be the 5th to 7th best QB in this draft). I love the strategy that keeps us perpetually in limbo. It's awesome, knowing you have no chance to compete at a high level but also that you'll never truly suck enough to be able to fix the one spot we all know is the main issue.
    Let's Rid3!!!!

12. The Following 3 Users High Fived chazoe60 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

Jagoffs just traded for Mac Jones, maybe the 1st overall pick in 2021 is available.
    "Tuning ... into each other ... lift all higher”
    “I’m just different!”
    “ . . . Picture a cup in the middle of the sea”

Draft
    1st round— Cooper Dejean CB
    2nd round— Jack Sawyer OLB
    3rd round— Will Shipley RB
    4th round— Ricky Pearsall WR
    5th round— Ladd McKonkey WR
    6th round— Cash Jones RB
    7th round— Carson Steele RB

14. The Following 2 Users High Fived Simple Jaded For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    PS2

Quote Originally Posted by UnderArmour View Post
    Agreed on Sutton. Disagree on PS2. His value is higher, and I think it is okay to take less when it comes to high priced veterans as necessary to clear cap and recoup some value, but for generational players anything less than three firsts, including one in the top 10 this year, and the phone should be immediately hung up.

This will be a team competing for the division in 2026 depending on how the cap hits are distributed, and it is important to keep your core guys around if that's going to happen.
    I’m still not at the point to call PS2 “generational”. So far he’s been great, but he hasn’t been Champ or Talib great. Would you call Jalen Ramsey generational? Right now, plenty of folks would rank Sauce Gardner or even Snead over PS2. Most importantly, I don’t think he wants to be in Denver. I think between his dad, the losing he’s not used to, the changes to defensive staff every year, and the fact that we’re not looking at being a playoff team for the next few years short of a lot of good things happening, that Denver would have to completely overpay him to keep him. He’s Paton’s guy so I have no doubt Paton wants to re-sign him long term, but I get the feeling he might not be here in 2 years.

“Tact is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.” -Winston Churchill

Adopted Bronco:
    Baron Browning, Jaleel McLaughlin

Quote Originally Posted by chazoe60 View Post
    I think we should continue the course we've been doing since PFM retired and we should sign Sam Darnold and draft the BPA. If we do this right we can be drafting 15th next year when there are arguably zero Stud QBs in the draft (sorry Sanders fans but he'd probably be the 5th to 7th best QB in this draft). I love the strategy that keeps us perpetually in limbo. It's awesome, knowing you have no chance to compete at a high level but also that you'll never truly suck enough to be able to fix the one spot we all know is the main issue.
    Yeah, there's always that.
    “When we do find that guy, we’ve got to have the continuity on the offensive side to where we can train him and develop him and get him there. This is our fourth offense in probably three or four years. Quarterbacks need to be developed. You don’t find one ready-made. We got to have a solid system in place for when we do go after whatever guy it may be, a young guy or a trade or whatnot.”
    - John Elway

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

Quote Originally Posted by Simple Jaded View Post
    Jagoffs just traded for Mac Jones, maybe the 1st overall pick in 2021 is available.
    I wish. The Jags traded a 7th for him(or whatever) knowing we will panic on draft night and give them a 3rd when we take BPA and see a run on QBs in the bottom of round one and round 2. I can see the future.
    Let's Rid3!!!!

18. The Following User High Fived chazoe60 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

Nobody is trading Mac Jones for Trevor Lawrence, nobody is that ****’N stupid. Not even Kyle Shanatan.
    "Tuning ... into each other ... lift all higher”
    “I’m just different!”
    “ . . . Picture a cup in the middle of the sea”

Draft
    1st round— Cooper Dejean CB
    2nd round— Jack Sawyer OLB
    3rd round— Will Shipley RB
    4th round— Ricky Pearsall WR
    5th round— Ladd McKonkey WR
    6th round— Cash Jones RB
    7th round— Carson Steele RB

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information