Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: We are cutting Simmons.

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

Default We are cutting Simmons.

WTF?

Calling it now, we are purging the roster.

Do not be surprised to see PS2 traded. What is the point of having the best CB in the world on this team. Also, he has to be pissed right now.

We are trading up and rebuilding this team in the image of SP and whatever QB he picks. That's just my guess.

Our defense will be horrible next season. Think Dolphins game. The main reason our defense turned it around last season, aside from some very fluky turnover luck, was the return of Simmons. Simmons is one of the best safeties in the league and a top tier NFL leader and he will be sorely missed.

Our team sucks.
    Let's Rid3!!!!

2. The Following 4 Users High Fived chazoe60 For This Post:

Just read that. Dammmmm.

Looks like we are going full rebuild and youth. With few draft picks. Gonna be an ugly year. I’m guessing they are planning on taking the whole 85 million this year

Dumpster fire.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	dumpster-fire.jpg 
Views:	8 
Size:	33.8 KB 
ID:	21619

5. The Following 2 Users High Fived GEM For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Eddiemac87 View Post
    Just read that. Dammmmm.

Looks like we are going full rebuild and youth. With few draft picks. Gonna be an ugly year. I’m guessing they are planning on taking the whole 85 million this year
    They couldn't get anything in trade for Justin friggen Simmons? *rolleyes* Fuggin idiots!

7. The Following 2 Users High Fived GEM For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

Just read that. Dammmmm.

I thought I had heard they already said they were going to split it.

As far as Simmons go I will say that IMHO I truly believed Simmons deserved some DPOY considerations last season. I'm not saying he deserved to win it, I'm not a maniac, but I do believe his name should have at least been mentioned. VJ got a lot of credit for our defensive turnaround, and deservedly so, but the real difference to me was the return of Simmons. We had one more shaky defensive game when he came back then we were off to the races. We will sorely miss him and his leadership. He is an astounding talent and a fine man who I sincerely hope signs with the Eagles and wins a SB. I think that's a great spot for him and I think the Eagles will be back in the mix again. I'm a big Hurts believer.

Good luck Justin, we love you.
    Let's Rid3!!!!

9. The Following 3 Users High Fived chazoe60 For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by chazoe60 View Post
    WTF?

Calling it now, we are purging the roster.

Do not be surprised to see PS2 traded. What is the point of having the best CB in the world on this team. Also, he has to be pissed right now.

We are trading up and rebuilding this team in the image of SP and whatever QB he picks. That's just my guess.

Our defense will be horrible next season. Think Dolphins game. The main reason our defense turned it around last season, aside from some very fluky turnover luck, was the return of Simmons. Simmons is one of the best safeties in the league and a top tier NFL leader and he will be sorely missed.

Our team sucks.
    Why in God's name would we trust the dipshits in charge to have the ability to rebuild this team. Same front office and GM that gave Wilson a contract when we had a good 2 year window contract to see if he was a waste of time. Couldn't find a trade partner for Justin Simmons? Really? That shows the depth of ineptitude of this fugging team's front office.

11. The Following 2 Users High Fived GEM For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by GEM View Post
    They couldn't get anything in trade for Justin friggen Simmons? *rolleyes* Fuggin idiots!
    Probably too many safeties out there right now, and he is almost certain to get them a 3 rd compensatory next year.

Don’t love it at all.

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

Probably too many safeties out there right now, and he is almost certain to get them a 3 rd compensatory next year.

Don’t love it at all.
    We will not get any comp picks for him. Comp picks are only for players lost to FA after playing out their contract. We are releasing Simmons. We get nothing but cap relief.
    Let's Rid3!!!!

14. The Following 3 Users High Fived chazoe60 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

Quote Originally Posted by GEM View Post
    Why in God's name would we trust the dipshits in charge to have the ability to rebuild this team. Same front office and GM that gave Wilson a contract when we had a good 2 year window contract to see if he was a waste of time. Couldn't find a trade partner for Justin Simmons? Really? That shows the depth of ineptitude of this fugging team's front office.
    Didn't say the rebuild would be a success, just that it's happening.
    Let's Rid3!!!!

16. The Following User High Fived chazoe60 For This Post:

GEM

Adopted Bronco:
    Quinn Meinerz

Every team is cutting or forcing their safeties to take a pay cut. The Bills and Eagles cut big names earlier in the week. The Seahawks cut BOTH of their big money safeties. The Bears cut Eddie Jackson. This is a league wide trend. My guess is Budda Baker of the Cardinals would be next, but the Cards have over $55 million in cap space so they may as well just honor the $14 million he is due. Harrison Smith of the Vikings could also be cut if they need more money to pay a QB.

This situation sucks, but this is a larger league-wide trend of the position. Simmons was a fantastic player for this organization, and I hope someday he ends up back with our franchise again, and eventually in our Ring of Fame.

18. The Following 2 Users High Fived UnderArmour For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

Quote Originally Posted by UnderArmour View Post
    Every team is cutting or forcing their safeties to take a pay cut. The Bills and Eagles cut big names earlier in the week. The Seahawks cut BOTH of their big money safeties. The Bears cut Eddie Jackson. This is a league wide trend. My guess is Budda Baker of the Cardinals would be next, but the Cards have over $55 million in cap space so they may as well just honor the $14 million he is due. Harrison Smith of the Vikings could also be cut if they need more money to pay a QB.

This situation sucks, but this is a larger league-wide trend of the position. Simmons was a fantastic player for this organization, and I hope someday he ends up back with our franchise again, and eventually in our Ring of Fame.
    I think Safety is the most undervalued position in football. All the best defenses had badass safeties, there's a reason why.

Center is also very undervalued. I get why. A centers best attributes are between his ears in large part so that often hides their true value.
    Let's Rid3!!!!

20. The Following User High Fived chazoe60 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Baron Browning, Jaleel McLaughlin

Hey Greg Penner, fvck you for turning this team into the Rockies. Piece of shit.
    “When we do find that guy, we’ve got to have the continuity on the offensive side to where we can train him and develop him and get him there. This is our fourth offense in probably three or four years. Quarterbacks need to be developed. You don’t find one ready-made. We got to have a solid system in place for when we do go after whatever guy it may be, a young guy or a trade or whatnot.”
    - John Elway

22. The Following User High Fived dogfish For This Post:

GEM

Adopted Bronco:
    Taysom Hill

Hate to see Simmons go, but these are basically my thoughts as well...

24. The Following 5 Users High Fived Buff For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Baron Browning, Jaleel McLaughlin

We'll see. Cutting one guy is hardly tearing it down. I do hope Simmons ends up with a real organization that actually cares about winning.
    “When we do find that guy, we’ve got to have the continuity on the offensive side to where we can train him and develop him and get him there. This is our fourth offense in probably three or four years. Quarterbacks need to be developed. You don’t find one ready-made. We got to have a solid system in place for when we do go after whatever guy it may be, a young guy or a trade or whatnot.”
    - John Elway

26. The Following 3 Users High Fived dogfish For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Taysom Hill

Quote Originally Posted by dogfish View Post
    We'll see. Cutting one guy is hardly tearing it down. I do hope Simmons ends up with a real organization that actually cares about winning.
    I think the main point is that there are no sacred cows on a team that's missed the playoffs 8 years in a row. Love Simmons - wish him well, but not afraid of wholesale changes. Let's go get two firsts for PS2 and really enrage this fickle fanbase!

28. The Following 3 Users High Fived Buff For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information