Page 1 of 21 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread: 2024 random pre-draft ramblings

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

Default 2024 random pre-draft ramblings

I didn't see a thread yet, if there is one just let mine die the death all my threads die, fast and uneventful. Otherwise dump your random pre-draft talk here.

I think I agree with Kizla on this. We gotta do something drastic to have any chance of competing consistently for the next decade. We have a generational talent QB on his way to GOAT status playing for our rival and the only chance we have is to figure out to close the gap at that position as much as possible. If we don't, we are in for another 10 years of this KC Hell.

https://gazette.com/sports/mark-kisz...eAiWMrQ9ZcybyY
    Let's Rid3!!!!

2. The Following 2 Users High Fived chazoe60 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

The important part about Mahomes is that he was initially a 3d round prospect. A gunslinger in a system at Texas Tech. Then in January and on he moved up. It was a bold stroke to reach down and take him at 10 or 11 or wherever.

My point is the right people did good homework.

I'm not sure we have any evidence that we have those kinds of people in the facility when it comes to QB evaluation.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sting
    "You know cos I just lost my parents--both my parents died in the same year...to this day, people come up to me and say 'my dad died and that album really meant a lot to me,' which is very nourishing {pats heart} for a songwriter to hear that your songs have a utility beyond just their own solace, that it actually helps other people."

4. The Following 4 Users High Fived Hawgdriver For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

Quote Originally Posted by Hawgdriver View Post
    The important part about Mahomes is that he was initially a 3d round prospect. A gunslinger in a system at Texas Tech. Then in January and on he moved up. It was a bold stroke to reach down and take him at 10 or 11 or wherever.

I'm not sure we have any evidence that we have those kinds of people in the facility when it comes to QB evaluation.
    All the more reason to consider trading the farm for a guy if he is an obvious DUDE.

I was thinking about this too. I wonder if the head muckity-mucks at the NFL would secretly love for one of either us or the Raiders land Caleb Williams. I bet the NFL would salivate over the idea of the Broncos and Raiders each get one of CW and Drake Maye. Could you imagine one division with that QB talent and HC talent 24 games a year with crazy good FQBs and proven serious HCs (I think Pierce will be good). The NFL would love that shit.
    Let's Rid3!!!!

6. The Following 2 Users High Fived chazoe60 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

I wish I had Goodell's secret email. I'd suggest this to him. Hey Roger, build a super division, make the Bears trade the Broncos the #1 pick and let the Raiders trade up to the #2 pick. Make the AFCW the darling of the NFL. We have the Coaches, we have good defensive talent all around, some flashy offensive weapons across the division, let's just make it the super QB division come on Roger, think about it.

I'd take that deal. We get a possible FQB but we have to also deal with the fact that the Raiders may have also got one or nightmare scenario, we chose wrong and the Raiders get a FQB for 15+ years and we trade the farm for a bust. Ouch! But I still think I'd take that deal.
    Let's Rid3!!!!

8. The Following 2 Users High Fived chazoe60 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Dogfish

Quote Originally Posted by Hawgdriver View Post

If it matters, Payton was reportedly trying to trade up for him. So maybe you do?

Back on break!

10. The Following 2 Users High Fived King87 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

Quote Originally Posted by King87 View Post
    If it matters, Payton was reportedly trying to trade up for him. So maybe you do?

Back on break!
    Word homie~!
    "You know cos I just lost my parents--both my parents died in the same year...to this day, people come up to me and say 'my dad died and that album really meant a lot to me,' which is very nourishing {pats heart} for a songwriter to hear that your songs have a utility beyond just their own solace, that it actually helps other people."

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

Quote Originally Posted by chazoe60 View Post
    All the more reason to consider trading the farm for a guy if he is an obvious DUDE.

I was thinking about this too. I wonder if the head muckity-mucks at the NFL would secretly love for one of either us or the Raiders land Caleb Williams. I bet the NFL would salivate over the idea of the Broncos and Raiders each get one of CW and Drake Maye. Could you imagine one division with that QB talent and HC talent 24 games a year with crazy good FQBs and proven serious HCs (I think Pierce will be good). The NFL would love that shit.
    Dude.

I'm down.

We ain't got no fvkkin scrotum. We are all eunche-ized and now we are at Walmart and they have scrotums at everyday low prices. Let's fvkkin roll.

13. The Following 3 Users High Fived Hawgdriver For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Quinn Meinerz

12 to 1 is a doable trade. It's just going to mean not having first or second round picks for the next 2 years.

Panthers package last year:
    No. 9
    No. 61
    2024 First
    2025 2nd.
    DJ Moore

49ers package to move from 12 to 3:
    No. 12
    2022 First
    2023 First
    2021 3rd.

Rams package to move to 1 in 2016:
    No. 15
    Two 2nds in same draft.
    3rd rounder same draft
    First 2017
    3rd 2017.

A Broncos package from 12 to 1 would look like:
    No. 12.
    3rd.
    2025 First
    2026 First
    2025 2nd.
    Player(s) (depending on value add or remove picks)

Surtain is mentioned, but I think the following players have trade value to the Bears in a hypothetical trade:
    Jeudy
    Sutton
    Mims
    Bolles
    Meinerz
    Powers
    Javonte Williams
    Browning, Cooper, or Bonitto.

It's certainly not insurmountable. I think Chicago would prefer to move down from 1 to 2 and acquire more picks (and possibly Jonathan Allen or Daron Payne) but still stay ahead of Arizona for Marvin Harrison Jr.

15. The Following User High Fived UnderArmour For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Ja’Quan McMillian

The Bears aren’t trading that pick, sorry. Even if they did, the trade value for a player like Caleb Williams is whatever the Bears want it to be. Throw precedent and the draft trade chart out the window because there would be a bidding war for him that we don’t have a chance in hell of winning. I wish I was wrong, but I’m not.

17. The Following 2 Users High Fived R8R H8R For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by R8R H8R View Post
    The Bears aren’t trading that pick, sorry. Even if they did, the trade value for a player like Caleb Williams is whatever the Bears want it to be. Throw precedent and the draft trade chart out the window because there would be a bidding war for him that we don’t have a chance in hell of winning. I wish I was wrong, but I’m not.
    I think they might, but it would only be a couple of slots down, otherwise what you said would kick in.

19. The Following User High Fived Eddiemac87 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Quinn Meinerz

Quote Originally Posted by R8R H8R View Post
    They passed on Stroud and Bryce Young last year, and Fields is still loved in their locker room and across the fanbase. If they really feel like Getsy was the issue, then do not be shocked to see Fields give it another go but this time with some support. If they have a high enough grade on Marvin Harrison Jr., trading down to 2 makes the most sense. The only way for Chicago to maximize the price though is to leak ridiculous trade offers like the PS2 package from last week, which also has me thinking the story leaked from Chicago's camp.

I don't think anything is definite.

21. The Following User High Fived UnderArmour For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    DT you will be missed

We're not getting one of the top 3 QB's. There are so many teams that need it with infinite more draft ammo then we have. I am sure we will try but this is a bidding war we lose this year IMO. If we think McCarthy can work, we take him at 12. Most likely however Paton will convince SP we need bowers the TE at 12...and can get rattler or the Tulane guy in rd 3....Don't forget about S, CB and a kicker as well since were too broke to re-sign lutz

We just Need S's, CB's, TE's and avg joe blows at QB to maintain our 9-8 ceiling...we got this.......
    Denver's 2024 George Paton Draft/FA plan

Draft
    RD1- TE Brock Bowers, GA
    RD3- QB Spencer Rattler, SC
    RD4- CB Josh Newton, TCU
    RD5- S Reggie Pearson, OK
    RD5- C Michael Jurgens, Wake Forest
    RD6- K Jonah Dalmas, Boise St

FA
    1. With what money

Adopted Bronco:
    Ja’Quan McMillian

Quote Originally Posted by UnderArmour View Post
    They passed on Stroud and Bryce Young last year, and Fields is still loved in their locker room and across the fanbase. If they really feel like Getsy was the issue, then do not be shocked to see Fields give it another go but this time with some support. If they have a high enough grade on Marvin Harrison Jr., trading down to 2 makes the most sense. The only way for Chicago to maximize the price though is to leak ridiculous trade offers like the PS2 package from last week, which also has me thinking the story leaked from Chicago's camp.

I don't think anything is definite.
    Sure, nothing is definite, but the reality is that even if they do trade that spot, it would be to either Washington or NE, and they could probably get next years 1st for it also. Remember, in 2017, the Bears paid SF the #3, a 3rd, a 4th, and 2018's 3rd, just to move up 1 spot to #2 so they could get Trubisky, and SF had no intention of drafting Trubisky. Trubisky was no Caleb Williams either.

Meanwhile, while everyone was laughing at the Bears, Andy Reid swooped down to the #10 spot and got this guy named Mahomes. But that's a different story.

Adopted Bronco:
    only Von

I'm tired of not having any draft picks, I don't like the idea of trading up.

25. The Following 4 Users High Fived aberdien For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Ja’Quan McMillian

Quote Originally Posted by aberdien View Post
    I'm tired of not having any draft picks, I don't like the idea of trading up.
    I don’t think you have anything to worry about.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information