Page 6 of 22 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 16 ... LastLast

Thread: 2024 random pre-draft ramblings

Adopted Bronco:
    Kendall Hinton!

Quote Originally Posted by chazoe60 View Post
    I have an out of the box idea. Someone should draft Joe Milton and turn him into a Deebo/Taysom Hybrid player. Watch that dudes highlights, he's a nasty runner. He runs dudes over and he's huge. Imagine a guy you could use like Deebo but every once in a while he stops and pops a go route 70 yds down the field to a WR. He is excellent at that particular throw too. That would be fun to watch.
    At least he has a good first name.

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

I'm getting sick of hearing "yes they need a QB but they have a lot of holes to fill they should just take BPA."

That's how we've been drafting forever and it keeps us at middle of the pack unless we sign a stud FA. If this is a tear down and rebuild then FFS start with the QB. The problem with not starting with a QB is that you just stay in the middle drafting 10-20 and the QBs are always gone. We could hope to get lucky and grab that miracle non top 15ish guy but if any 1st end QB is a lotto ticket the later in the draft you go the worse the odds get. It's like they just keep adding in buckets of numbered ping pong balls. This is the year to take our first swing. There are legitimately 6 guys in this draft that are intriguing prospects. If it were me, I'd take two. I'd take whoever SP pinpoints in the first and either Rattler or Milton later on. Increase your odds. With Milton you could use him as a weapon as you develop him and who knows maybe he turns out. Either way I believe with Milton you could have a player who is useful as a weapon one way or another. With Rattler you would hope for a situation in which he devops along with your 1st rounder and hell id he ends up the victor good on him and if not you could have a possible long term backup(always a good idea) and or a trade chip for future trade capital, we've seen it before.
    Let's Rid3!!!!

3. The Following 2 Users High Fived chazoe60 For This Post:

I'm getting sick of hearing "yes they need a QB but they have a lot of holes to fill they should just take BPA."

That's how we've been drafting forever and it keeps us at middle of the pack unless we sign a stud FA. If this is a tear down and rebuild then FFS start with the QB. The problem with not starting with a QB is that you just stay in the middle drafting 10-20 and the QBs are always gone. We could hope to get lucky and grab that miracle non top 15ish guy but if any 1st end QB is a lotto ticket the later in the draft you go the worse the odds get. It's like they just keep adding in buckets of numbered ping pong balls. This is the year to take our first swing. There are legitimately 6 guys in this draft that are intriguing prospects. If it were me, I'd take two. I'd take whoever SP pinpoints in the first and either Rattler or Milton later on. Increase your odds. With Milton you could use him as a weapon as you develop him and who knows maybe he turns out. Either way I believe with Milton you could have a player who is useful as a weapon one way or another. With Rattler you would hope for a situation in which he devops along with your 1st rounder and hell id he ends up the victor good on him and if not you could have a possible long term backup(always a good idea) and or a trade chip for future trade capital, we've seen it before.
    I think Joe created the stupid "give george a break" thread bc of posts like this. No offense joe.

You'd probably get laughed out of the building for crap like this my man. Consider sticking to your day job. Don't you haul chipped concrete or something?

#firegeorge

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

Stidham, a 1st round QB, a later round Milton and Carson Wentz on the PS.
    "Tuning ... into each other ... lift all higher”
    “I’m just different!”
    “ . . . Picture a cup in the middle of the sea”

Draft
    1st round— Cooper Dejean CB
    2nd round— Jack Sawyer OLB
    3rd round— Will Shipley RB
    4th round— Ricky Pearsall WR
    5th round— Ladd McKonkey WR
    6th round— Cash Jones RB
    7th round— Carson Steele RB

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

Just a reminder that the Broncos were in play for both Josh Allen and Justin Herbert but went with BPA instead. They better hope Justin Fields doesn’t figure it out.
    "Tuning ... into each other ... lift all higher”
    “I’m just different!”
    “ . . . Picture a cup in the middle of the sea”

Draft
    1st round— Cooper Dejean CB
    2nd round— Jack Sawyer OLB
    3rd round— Will Shipley RB
    4th round— Ricky Pearsall WR
    5th round— Ladd McKonkey WR
    6th round— Cash Jones RB
    7th round— Carson Steele RB

7. The Following User High Fived Simple Jaded For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

Quote Originally Posted by tubby View Post
    I think Joe created the stupid "give george a break" thread bc of posts like this. No offense joe.

You'd probably get laughed out of the building for crap like this my man. Consider sticking to your day job. Don't you haul chipped concrete or something?

#firegeorge
    No, I install, maintain, program and test highly technical electrical relays used in protection of high dollar utility industry assets.
    Let's Rid3!!!!

9. The Following 4 Users High Fived chazoe60 For This Post:

No, I install, maintain, program and test highly technical electrical relays used in protection of high dollar utility industry assets.
    I tell people to fix holes in walls.

11. The Following User High Fived Al Wilson 4 Mayor For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Baron Browning, Jaleel McLaughlin

Sure, it sounds fancy when you say it like that.
    “When we do find that guy, we’ve got to have the continuity on the offensive side to where we can train him and develop him and get him there. This is our fourth offense in probably three or four years. Quarterbacks need to be developed. You don’t find one ready-made. We got to have a solid system in place for when we do go after whatever guy it may be, a young guy or a trade or whatnot.”
    - John Elway

13. The Following 3 Users High Fived dogfish For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

Quote Originally Posted by dogfish View Post
    Sure, it sounds fancy when you say it like that.
    It's actually a lie as I am actually semi-retired now and work as a consultant for said utility industry.
    Let's Rid3!!!!

It's actually a lie as I am actually semi-retired now and work as a consultant for said utility industry.
    ******* liar

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

Quote Originally Posted by tubby View Post
    ******* liar
    I'm terrible.
    Let's Rid3!!!!

Ok, off topic.. how da fuxk does KC pay Mahomes, now jones top of the market money, both tackles and still have space… I was so hoping jones would leave

Adopted Bronco:
    Dogfish

Quote Originally Posted by Eddiemac87 View Post
    Ok, off topic.. how da fuxk does KC pay Mahomes, now jones top of the market money, both tackles and still have space… I was so hoping jones would leave
    They executed the type of deal that the Ravens wanted to do with Flacco. You pay a huge deal to a QB good enough to carry you (rofl, Baltimore) and after the rest of the market catches up you can move money around to help the team. The salary cap is a weird ******* thing.

[QUOTE=King87;3214959]They executed the type of deal that the Ravens wanted to do with Flacco. You pay a huge deal to a QB good enough to carry you (rofl, Baltimore) and after the rest of the market catches up you can move money around to help the team. The salary cap is a weird ******* thing.[/QUOT

Doesn’t mean I have to like it. Lol.

Adopted Bronco:
    Always King87

chazoe….show them what you’re expertise is. Shut off their power. .

21. The Following User High Fived Nomad For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information