Page 21 of 22 FirstFirst ... 11 19 20 21 22 LastLast

Thread: 2024 random pre-draft ramblings

Adopted Bronco:
    Taysom Hill

Quote Originally Posted by chazoe60 View Post
    I do not see anything that tells me JJ is 2 1sts and PS2 better than Bo/Penix or even Rattler. Maye, sure. He gives me some Josh Allen vibes so I could get behind that. JJ has game manager written all over him to me and that ain't worth 2 firsts and PS2.
    This is where I'm at - you just can't mortgage the future for a guy who threw 13 passes per game behind the best O line in college football. Plus Payton has high confidence in his ability to coach QBs.

My only caveat is that I think it'd actually be smart to sell high on Surtain. Even though he's technically on a rookie deal for 2 more years, the pressure is going to be on to extend him now that he's eligible. He's going to be super expensive and is that really where this team should be allocating their $$? On the other hand, the guy is an all pro, potential future hall of famer - so if you trade him for some QB who doesn't work out then it's an all time blunder. No pressure, George!

2. The Following 3 Users High Fived Buff For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

To me it's simple this year. Take Nix/Penix in the 1st, if you can trade back and get one of them do it. If not take him at 12. It's damn time we get our dicks wet FFS. 4 1st round QBs in our miserable ******* 64 year existence. That is pathetic and damn near bordering on some kind of malpractice. Especially when you consider the literal parade of shit we've drafted instead of taking a shot on a signal caller. FFS Bradley Chubb instead of Allen. When everyone and their dog was screaming at Elway to just ******* do it already.

They raise ticket prices yearly and put this dogshit on the field. At the end of the day it's supposed to be entertaining and unless you have a franchise QB or an all time Defense it is not entertaining to watch. If we go into next season with Stiddy/Wilson/Pratt(or some other lost cause rookie) there is going to be a metric shit ton of away jerseys at the home games. My buddy went from something like 35,000th on the season ticket list to 6000th in like 2 years. This shit is going to come to a head soon if they are not careful. And I am rooting for it if these ******* bums don't pull their heads out of their asses.
    Let's Rid3!!!!

4. The Following User High Fived chazoe60 For This Post:

The donks still owe too much money to Russ to be sacrificing 1st round picks to move up for a QB. Defeats the purpose of the cheap rookie deal. Trade back and get some good football players, dump Dinooch maybe take a flier on the Tennessee Qb and do a proper tank. Draft a QB next year. Only one of 2 of those 6 Qbs are going to pan out.

6. The Following User High Fived Slick For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

Quote Originally Posted by Slick View Post
    The donks still owe too much money to Russ to be sacrificing 1st round picks to move up for a QB. Defeats the purpose of the cheap rookie deal. Trade back and get some good football players, dump Dinooch maybe take a flier on the Tennessee Qb and do a proper tank. Draft a QB next year. Only one of 2 of those 6 Qbs are going to pan out.
    Next years QB class is shaping up to look a lot like 2021. Not good. Quit kicking the can down the road. If Nix or Penix were in next years class they'd be right at or near the top. This is the year to take a chance. Not trade up, hell we could trade back get a 2nd or 3rd and still more than likely get one of those 2. Or a Rattler with the pick we gain. He has upside too. He'd probably be like 3-5 in next years class.
    Let's Rid3!!!!

Is there an Eastern Illinois QB in the draft?

9. The Following 2 Users High Fived tubby For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

If JJ falls to the 7-8-9 range, say the Vikes trade up for Maye and then I could see JJ falling a little then I would be all for trading up for him. The cost at that point wouldn't be as crazy as trading to 3 or 4 and it would signal that SP loves him and I'm down for that. I just hate to see multiple 1sts and a player like PS2 going for JJ.
    Let's Rid3!!!!

11. The Following 2 Users High Fived chazoe60 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

If JJ falls to the 7-8-9 range, say the Vikes trade up for Maye and then I could see JJ falling a little then I would be all for trading up for him. The cost at that point wouldn't be as crazy as trading to 3 or 4 and it would signal that SP loves him and I'm down for that. I just hate to see multiple 1sts and a player like PS2 going for JJ.
    It’s probably best that they didn’t trade up for McCarthy, Zach Wilson is same prospect but with better talent.
    "Tuning ... into each other ... lift all higher”
    “I’m just different!”
    “ . . . Picture a cup in the middle of the sea”

Draft
    1st round— Cooper Dejean CB
    2nd round— Jack Sawyer OLB
    3rd round— Will Shipley RB
    4th round— Ricky Pearsall WR
    5th round— Ladd McKonkey WR
    6th round— Cash Jones RB
    7th round— Carson Steele RB

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Rattler was to impatient, he should have stayed another year. Losing two stud WRs in Leggette and Juice Wells (transfered to Ole Miss) is huge, but entering next year and he's right in the thick of the QB class. Instead of the sloppy seconds he's having to endure now.

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

I might take Rattler if it meant getting Leggett.
    “I’m just different!”

Draft
    6th round— Cash Jones RB

Adopted Bronco:
    Baron Browning, Jaleel McLaughlin

Brian Callahan is the new HC in Tennessee, and his dad Bill is their OL coach-- arguably the best in the league. They just took my dude Latham at #7. I've said all along he was better than tweeners like Fuaga and Fautaunu, and his draft status agrees with that.

Callahan, whose father Bill is Tennessee’s new offensive line coach, noted Latham’s size as an asset for his skillset. Latham checked in at the scouting combine at 6-foot-5 and 342 pounds.

“There’s not many people that walk the earth that are his height and weight and can move at his fluidity,” Callahan said, via Jim Wyatt of the team’s website. “He’s a really unique player which is why he gets picked in the top seven picks of the draft. I’m just — I can’t wait to get him out there. He makes us a physically imposing, really left side of our offensive line when you put him with Peter [Skoronski] and ‘Cush’ [Lloyd Cushenberry] and those guys. We’ve kind of taken some nice steps into really improving that unit.”

For his part, Latham said he can “absolutely” play left tackle in the league, despite playing on the right side for the last two years at Alabama.

“I was trained at left all my life, and I get to Bama and Evan Neal, a top 10 pick, he was at left so I went to right,” Latham said, via Wyatt. “Going back to left, I’ve been training all this offseason, so I’m ready to go.”
    https://www.nbcsports.com/nfl/profoo...t-his-fluidity

They followed that up by taking that big ol' beast DT T'Vondre Sweat from Texas with their second pick. Now THAT is how TF you start building a football team. From the inside out, with some monster talents. They get it.
    “When we do find that guy, we’ve got to have the continuity on the offensive side to where we can train him and develop him and get him there. This is our fourth offense in probably three or four years. Quarterbacks need to be developed. You don’t find one ready-made. We got to have a solid system in place for when we do go after whatever guy it may be, a young guy or a trade or whatnot.”
    - John Elway

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

Tennessee doing what I hoped the Broncos did if they couldn’t get SP last season.

Having Bill Callahan is huge for that kid.
    “I’m just different!”

Draft
    6th round— Cash Jones RB

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

UnderArmour is right about having next years 1st thru 3rd round picks, it’s going to be huge. I might even add to those picks by trading PS2.

“I’m just different!”

Draft
    6th round— Cash Jones RB

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

Next years QB class is shaping up to look a lot like 2021. Not good. Quit kicking the can down the road. If Nix or Penix were in next years class they'd be right at or near the top. This is the year to take a chance. Not trade up, hell we could trade back get a 2nd or 3rd and still more than likely get one of those 2. Or a Rattler with the pick we gain. He has upside too. He'd probably be like 3-5 in next years class.
    Sanders would have a legit shot at QB1 in this year’s class, Drew Aller will be Drake Maye, Carson Beck is no worse than QB3 in this class (and an ideal fit with SP, NIL probably cost the Broncos a shot at a 6’4” Drew Brees with a better arm).

Somehow people rank Quinn Ewers above all of them. There’s also Jaylon Milroe, I mean . . . if you have any interest in modern QB talent.

Next year’s class is just fine, if Nix doesn’t beat out Stidham and compete with Mahomes then it’s time to Josh Rosen his ass. No more passing on Josh Allen because you have Trevor Siemien and Paxton Lynch. What’s good for Drew Lock is good for Bo Nix.
    Last edited by Simple Jaded; 04-28-2024 at 10:41 AM.
    “I’m just different!”

Draft
    6th round— Cash Jones RB

19. The Following User High Fived Simple Jaded For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

Riley Leonard transferred to ND, Connor Weigmann getting a new OC. DJ Uiglelei and Will Howard.

If teams are willing to take Mac Jones in the 1st, Jayden Daniels 2nd and Bo Nix 12th there could 5 or 6 QB’s taken again next year.
    Last edited by Simple Jaded; 04-28-2024 at 10:57 AM.
    “I’m just different!”

Draft
    6th round— Cash Jones RB

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

I'm fine with all of that. If we need to move on quick and there's some blue chipper billy badass we can draft next year, so be it. Awesome. I just want a FQB. Bo is the guy that gives us the best chance at that right now, he's signed sealed and delivered so to speak. Let's see what he has. If an upgrade happens in 2025 okay. Just get the guy. I hope Bo is the guy because it speeds up the process I'm just glad we started that process.
    Let's Rid3!!!!

22. The Following User High Fived chazoe60 For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information