Page 4 of 21 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast

Thread: 2024 random pre-draft ramblings

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

Do you think the Bears would be interested in out of the box trade ideas? Like, every Walmart shopping cart with good wheels and ten pallets of Snoop Dogs cereal? I'm desperate here folks, I need some hope. I have a feeling that we are in for one of the most painful and miserable fan existences in history for the next decade. I just watched Mahomes literally drag a team that by all rights should have been 8-9 to 10-7 one and done if they were lucky football team to a Lombardi trophy. He's 28 ******* years old and we have beat him 1 ******* time. We are staring down the barrel of watching our hated rival win more SBs over the course of the next decade than they don't win and our only hope of competing at all on a consistent basis is to find the absolutely closest guy we can to fight him. Doesn't have to be the same style, just has to be the absolutely closest to him as we possibly can on the greatness scale at the same position. We can't fight him with a CB. We can't fight him with an elite edge, we just saw Bosa have a phenomenal game pestering him all night, in the end it mattered little.

I guess the best way to describe it is that the Broncos feel like a franchise that is saying to themselves "if we do this, this, this and get really lucky maybe we can get one SB" but we are playing in a division against a team that is coming off of winning 3 of the last 5 and saying to themselves "if we ad a piece her and a piece there we can win 5 of the next 10". And they have zero hubris in thinking that.
    Let's Rid3!!!!

2. The Following 3 Users High Fived chazoe60 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Baron Browning, Jaleel McLaughlin

Oh, we're fuct. That's just facts.
    “When we do find that guy, we’ve got to have the continuity on the offensive side to where we can train him and develop him and get him there. This is our fourth offense in probably three or four years. Quarterbacks need to be developed. You don’t find one ready-made. We got to have a solid system in place for when we do go after whatever guy it may be, a young guy or a trade or whatnot.”
    - John Elway

4. The Following 2 Users High Fived dogfish For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

Here's an interesting bit of trivia. Caleb Williams first 2 TD passes in college went to our very own Marvin Mims Jr.
    Let's Rid3!!!!

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

2 major mocks (PFF & an NFL.com one) have the Broncos trading up to draft Drake Maye. Of course, it's just the universe taunting me. The universe is a dick.
    Let's Rid3!!!!

7. The Following 5 Users High Fived chazoe60 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Ja’Quan McMillian

Draft evaluation starts today, according to Payton. Just thought you all would like to know.

Adopted Bronco:
    Patrick Surtain II

Quote Originally Posted by R8R H8R View Post
    Draft evaluation starts today, according to Payton. Just thought you all would like to know.
    Thanks.
    2009 & 2020 Broncos Forums Pick'em King
    2011 & 2019 Broncos Forums Survival Football Champion

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	FB_IMG_1707842467552.jpg 
Views:	12 
Size:	91.3 KB 
ID:	21613

Yes, let's roll with Stidham and a really promising DL (BPA). That'll be fun and productive.

Edit: to add context those are Mahomes numbers extrapolated at his current pace to the same length career as Brady. We thought it was nauseating watching a NE Patriot, who in all honesty we kinda had his number, tear through the league. Imagine watching a more dominate version of him but on a division rival and we can't come anywhere near matching him.

Our only goal, until it happens should be to acquire a FQB.
    Last edited by chazoe60; 02-13-2024 at 11:45 AM.
    Let's Rid3!!!!

11. The Following User High Fived chazoe60 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

I just saw an off-season pundit predict the Broncos to sign Willie Gay. I'm not sure I'm mature enough to handle that signing.
    Let's Rid3!!!!

13. The Following 2 Users High Fived chazoe60 For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by chazoe60 View Post
    I just saw an off-season pundit predict the Broncos to sign Willie Gay. I'm not sure I'm mature enough to handle that signing.
    Hehe. You said gay….

15. The Following User High Fived Eddiemac87 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

One guy kinda flying under the radar that I love as a draft prospect is Dallin Holker TE from CSU. That cat can play. Mark my words that guy will make a ProBowl at some point in his NFL career. I'm calling it now.
    Let's Rid3!!!!

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

https://www.milehighreport.com/2024/...-and-win-super

The “Just draft Brock Purdy” crowd is wrong, don’t fall for their delusional BS.
    "Tuning ... into each other ... lift all higher”
    “I’m just different!”
    “ . . . Picture a cup in the middle of the sea”

Draft
    1st round— Cooper Dejean CB
    2nd round— Jack Sawyer OLB
    3rd round— Will Shipley RB
    4th round— Ricky Pearsall WR
    5th round— Ladd McKonkey WR
    6th round— Cash Jones RB
    7th round— Carson Steele RB

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

Quote Originally Posted by Elevation inc View Post
    I actually think we will have to trade up for JJ. He is QB 4 and there are plenty of teams behind us also wanting a QB. I would be quite content if he was at 12 and we took him. If we can't we trade back, we suffer through another mediocre year with Stidham so we can draft sanders next year and build around him properly for once in this franchise's damn life.
    What makes people think next season will be the first season in Broncos history that they finally play themselves into a franchise QB? It’s literally never happened before.
    "Tuning ... into each other ... lift all higher”
    “I’m just different!”
    “ . . . Picture a cup in the middle of the sea”

Draft
    1st round— Cooper Dejean CB
    2nd round— Jack Sawyer OLB
    3rd round— Will Shipley RB
    4th round— Ricky Pearsall WR
    5th round— Ladd McKonkey WR
    6th round— Cash Jones RB
    7th round— Carson Steele RB

19. The Following User High Fived Simple Jaded For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

Here is my latest plan for the Broncos, it's inspired by PS2 I call it the All in the Family plan.

Do whatever we have to do come away from this draft with:
    Marvin Harrison Jr.
    Jeremiah Trotter Jr.
    Brendan Rice
    Luke McCaffrey
    And Jonah Ellis

Then next year we get Shad Sanders or wait another year and get Arch Manning.

This NFL GM stuff is ******* easy, what the Hell is wrong with these GMs?
    Let's Rid3!!!!

21. The Following User High Fived chazoe60 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    DT you will be missed

Quote Originally Posted by Simple Jaded View Post
    What makes people think next season will be the first season in Broncos history that they finally play themselves into a franchise QB? It’s literally never happened before.
    oh, I don't actually believe we do any of this. I bet our draft is one of the worst again like last year, even after trading back and getting some more capital (I actually believe we do this) we will roll with Stidham bring in some guy like Pratt to compete sell the fans on competing go 8-9 or 9-8 with a very avg roster then rinse and repeat. It's what Denver does. I doubt we sniff a SB unless SP or whatever new GM comes in next year finally pull the trigger on elite QB in the draft. SP has a big enough ego to think he can make Mac jones look good or Sam Darnold be rehabilitated, or that Stidham can be the guy. So, I expect at least 2 more years of mediocrity.
    Denver's 2024 George Paton Draft/FA plan

Draft
    RD1- TE Brock Bowers, GA
    RD3- QB Spencer Rattler, SC
    RD4- CB Josh Newton, TCU
    RD5- S Reggie Pearson, OK
    RD5- C Michael Jurgens, Wake Forest
    RD6- K Jonah Dalmas, Boise St

FA
    1. With what money

23. The Following User High Fived Elevation inc For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

Quote Originally Posted by Elevation inc View Post
    oh, I don't actually believe we do any of this. I bet our draft is one of the worst again like last year, even after trading back and getting some more capital (I actually believe we do this) we will roll with Stidham bring in some guy like Pratt to compete sell the fans on competing go 8-9 or 9-8 with a very avg roster then rinse and repeat. It's what Denver does. I doubt we sniff a SB unless SP or whatever new GM comes in next year finally pull the trigger on elite QB in the draft. SP has a big enough ego to think he can make Mac jones look good or Sam Darnold be rehabilitated, or that Stidham can be the guy. So, I expect at least 2 more years of mediocrity.
    As a Bronco fan my knee jerk reaction is to completely agree with you, it is what we have all seen so many times before. I am giving this new organization with aggressive owners who seem to me at least to very much want to win the benefit of the doubt. I believe we draft a QB. I am hoping they are aggressive and go after whichever of the QBs they seem to be their guy. I think it comes down to 4 names: Williams(Not realistic but obv. on the list)Maye, McCarthy & Nix.

I am hoping they pinpoint their #1 and pursue him as aggressively as necessary. If that fails then target your #2 and so on.

All I know is this, if our first pick in the draft is not a QB and that's not on the heels of a Cousins/Mayfield signing then I will have lost all hope, because then this franchise is exactly as you described and has learned absolutely nothing. If however that first pick is a QB, I am going all in backing that guy, I don't give a shit who it is. The mere fact that they draft a guy will give me hope that they at least recognize the issue. I also still remember SP being one of the only people in the world to look at a short, skinny former second round draft pick with a shoulder injury and say "I like what I see in that guy." So even if it's Nix at 12 and everyone is moaning and groaning I'll be out buying a Nix jersey and anxiously awaiting preseason to find out what SP sees in the young man.

I swear to all that is holy if we draft a WR I am going to punt a puppy.
    Let's Rid3!!!!

25. The Following User High Fived chazoe60 For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information