Page 12 of 21 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 ... LastLast

Thread: 2024 random pre-draft ramblings

Adopted Bronco:
    Quinn Meinerz

Quote Originally Posted by chazoe60 View Post
    I love this kid. T'Vondre Sweat is gonna be an elite NT/DT. Dude just gobbles up blockers and is amazingly mobile for a dude this size. I want to see him in Orange and Blue so bad. This cat would instantly make our run D so much better. He isn't just a space eater though, he can get to the QB too. I think he might be best served to lose a few LBs. I think he could be just as strong as the point of attack but up his quickness and athleticism if he was playing at maybe 15-20lbs lighter.

This is a cool interview. I just like seeing these kids tell people about themselves. It's easy to forget that these are just dudes who have regular lives and shit. "My mom don't play that.". That was my favorite part.
    Trade back and Sweat would be a great move on draft day.

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

There's been talk of upgrading our RB room, I suspect that will come from the UDFA pool, but if we decide to spend a pick I'd love to see us get Braelon Allen. The NFL has changed so much. Allen is the kind of RB that back in the day would be a very high pick, now we might get him in the 3rd of 4th round. I feel bad for RBs in today's NFL. When I was growing up the RBs were right there with QBs as far as being stars and whatnot.

The kid from Louisville is a stud also.
    Let's Rid3!!!!

3. The Following User High Fived chazoe60 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

There's been talk of upgrading our RB room, I suspect that will come from the UDFA pool, but if we decide to spend a pick I'd love to see us get Braelon Allen. The NFL has changed so much. Allen is the kind of RB that back in the day would be a very high pick, now we might get him in the 3rd of 4th round. I feel bad for RBs in today's NFL. When I was growing up the RBs were right there with QBs as far as being stars and whatnot.

The kid from Louisville is a stud also.

Isaac Guerendo, he’s not going undrafted after the combine.
    "Tuning ... into each other ... lift all higher”
    “I’m just different!”
    “ . . . Picture a cup in the middle of the sea”

Draft
    1st round— Cooper Dejean CB
    2nd round— Jack Sawyer OLB
    3rd round— Will Shipley RB
    4th round— Ricky Pearsall WR
    5th round— Ladd McKonkey WR
    6th round— Cash Jones RB
    7th round— Carson Steele RB

5. The Following User High Fived Simple Jaded For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Ja’Quan McMillian

Enjoy, fellas! This is certainly going to be fun between now and the draft! IF this becomes reality, I put this post in the Surtain thread also because it’s possible he would need to be part of that trade.

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

I watched some Jared Verse tape because he seems to be a common player mocked to us. I love him. He was described as a "dude who will hit a dude with another dude" and that is the best description for him. I have one concern though and it's pretty apparent when you watch his film, a good percentage of his tackles are going to be considered "hip drop tackles" under this new rule. He does it a lot. I actually like it if the rule weren't in place because you can tell what he's thinking is that he is not going to give them any more yards, he is going to bring the ball carrier down backwards but with this new rule he is going to have to alter that tactic. Not a huge deal but if he is drafted that will be a coaching point.
    Let's Rid3!!!!

8. The Following User High Fived chazoe60 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Ja’Quan McMillian

Quote Originally Posted by R8R H8R View Post

Enjoy, fellas! This is certainly going to be fun between now and the draft! IF this becomes reality, I put this post in the Surtain thread also because it’s possible he would need to be part of that trade.
    For those who might not know, Monte Ossenfort is the Cardinals GM. Payton knows him, not just from common league circles, but he interviewed with the Cards last year just after Ossenfort got the GM job.

Could it be? A trade up? Man, this is an interesting offseason.
    Last edited by R8R H8R; 03-25-2024 at 11:41 AM.

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

Quote Originally Posted by Simple Jaded View Post
    From what I’ve read I would grade Nix arm talent better than decent, I just think he’s a redundant prospect with Stidham aboard.

This is an example of when I’d got LT, OLB, CB instead.
    Stidham doesn't hold a candle to Nix in terms of off schedule scrambling playmaking ability. From the pocket, clean pocket on schedule, maybe Stidham and Bo are fairly close and Stidham may even have a slight edge on deep throws(not sure of that but lll allow for it as probable) but in every other facet of the game I think Bo is a much better prospect.
    Let's Rid3!!!!

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

I'd be happy with this draft. Trade down a couple of times and gain a bunch of picks. Also, investing the 27th pick in a QB instead of 12 makes it easier to move on if he doesn't pan out and if he does we get the 5th year option. So many people are so convinced Bo isn't a 1st round pick should mean this is a possibility. And we get my Man Joe Milton, 2 bites at the QB apple and 2 distinctly different bites. I also like the fix at TE with this draft as well as a freaking steal of a WR. I went after playmakers for the rook because I think the OL is actually fairly solid. We can address LT in 2025 after letting big dummy walk.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	PFN_Draft_result_1711417662837.jpg 
Views:	8 
Size:	12.2 KB 
ID:	21642
    Let's Rid3!!!!

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

Maybe Sean Payton is just playing along with Harbaugh's JJ psy-op?

The JJ shit is getting crazy. Could end up being the best thing for us. There is talk about JJ at #2. Probably all bullshit, but who knows at this point. This draft is going to be crazy as shit. Maybe the dopes at the top of the draft start bidding over JJ and Maye and the Broncos swoop in under the radar and say "Hello Jayden, nice to meet you young man".

Okay, a fella can dream can't he.
    Let's Rid3!!!!

Adopted Bronco:
    Dogfish

You will get a first round QB, if that is your wish.

14. The Following User High Fived King87 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

Quote Originally Posted by King87 View Post
    You will get a first round QB, if that is your wish.
    At this point I'm confident we draft a QB I just don't know who. The good thing for me is that I'd be fine with any one of the top 6 guys. I find reasons to like all of them. But I do have a pecking order and Daniels is at the top(CW doesn't count, he's already a Bear).
    Let's Rid3!!!!

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

All the Shedeur noise about picking where he wants to play just ups my urgency to see us grab a QB this draft.

There was a little talk from Florio about Dieon eventually whittling Shedeur's list down to the Cowboys and the Cowboys alone. I could see that happening in light of Dak's contract situation.

I hope, if that happens that some team has the balls to draft him and tell Jerry Jones to pay up. You don't get to pull the strings and get your guy without paying for it.

I don't mind these guys pulling their weight BTW. The Draft system is kinda fubar if you are thrust into it. It's great for the balance of talent for the game and it's great for us fans, but for the guys whose careers, lives and legacies are tied to its outcome it's a pretty shitty deal really. With that said, I also think teams should take advantage of those situations if they have the intestinal fortitude. It worked out for the Chargers. Before the Eli won a SB and Rivers didn't, do you really think the Chargers win the SB with Eli or that it's impossible to imagine the Giants winning it with Rivers?
    Let's Rid3!!!!

Adopted Bronco:
    Baron Browning, Jaleel McLaughlin

Maybe Sean Payton is just playing along with Harbaugh's JJ psy-op?

The JJ shit is getting crazy. Could end up being the best thing for us. There is talk about JJ at #2. Probably all bullshit, but who knows at this point. This draft is going to be crazy as shit. Maybe the dopes at the top of the draft start bidding over JJ and Maye and the Broncos swoop in under the radar and say "Hello Jayden, nice to meet you young man".

Okay, a fella can dream can't he.
    Of course you can dream. . . as long as you're prepared for the Donkeys to shit all over it.
    “When we do find that guy, we’ve got to have the continuity on the offensive side to where we can train him and develop him and get him there. This is our fourth offense in probably three or four years. Quarterbacks need to be developed. You don’t find one ready-made. We got to have a solid system in place for when we do go after whatever guy it may be, a young guy or a trade or whatnot.”
    - John Elway

18. The Following User High Fived dogfish For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

Quote Originally Posted by dogfish View Post
    Of course you can dream. . . as long as you're prepared for the Donkeys to shit all over it.
    Well, I'm 47 and have been a Bronco fan my entire life so having my QB dreams shat upon is something I've seen time and again.
    Let's Rid3!!!!

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

So the scuttlebutt for today is linking us to Jayden Daniels, we are at his Pro-Day and now the rumors are that SP loves him some Jayden Daniels and I say to that duh, who doesn't love Jayden Daniels. He's my favorite QB in the class. He has special sauce piled up on special sauce and a 100% more with it head than CW. Don't get me wrong, I'm not an anti CW guy(the pink phone thing is asinine to even think about) but there is no denying the "noise". I'm also not saying I would take Daniels over CW if given the choice, just that he is my favorite all around QB in the class. The one guy I would most love to see us draft. I kind of expected the JD to Denver links to eventually be brought up just because of SP's in at LSU.

I don't think it's realistic at all but it is fun to dream about.
    Let's Rid3!!!!

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information