Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Give it a rest on George

Adopted Bronco:
    Always King87

I was buffaloed in to believing Russell Wilson was the right choice. What a disaster and setback that trade has become for the Broncos.

2. The Following 2 Users High Fived Nomad For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Baron Browning, Jaleel McLaughlin

Quote Originally Posted by chazoe60 View Post
    I can't remember which Podcast it was but they basically said that Paton's current function is as punching bag. He's kept around to take the slings and arrows of the tear down. That makes sense and it's only right.

Wouldn't be surprised to see him let go after the draft. He's been working on this draft, knows our strategy going in and it makes no sense to fire him before the draft.
    Correct on all counts.
    “When we do find that guy, we’ve got to have the continuity on the offensive side to where we can train him and develop him and get him there. This is our fourth offense in probably three or four years. Quarterbacks need to be developed. You don’t find one ready-made. We got to have a solid system in place for when we do go after whatever guy it may be, a young guy or a trade or whatnot.”
    - John Elway

4. The Following User High Fived dogfish For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

Quote Originally Posted by chazoe60 View Post
    I can't remember which Podcast it was but they basically said that Paton's current function is as punching bag. He's kept around to take the slings and arrows of the tear down. That makes sense and it's only right.

Wouldn't be surprised to see him let go after the draft. He's been working on this draft, knows our strategy going in and it makes no sense to fire him before the draft.
    He would be a hero if he had to take blame for a tear down. I believe that fully.

There’s never been a better time than right now.

"Tuning ... into each other ... lift all higher”
    “I’m just different!”
    “ . . . Picture a cup in the middle of the sea”

Draft
    1st round— Cooper Dejean CB
    2nd round— Jack Sawyer OLB
    3rd round— Will Shipley RB
    4th round— Ricky Pearsall WR
    5th round— Ladd McKonkey WR
    6th round— Cash Jones RB
    7th round— Carson Steele RB

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

My mom, I love her cause she love me . . . long gone are the the time when she scrub me.
    "Tuning ... into each other ... lift all higher”
    “I’m just different!”
    “ . . . Picture a cup in the middle of the sea”

Draft
    1st round— Cooper Dejean CB
    2nd round— Jack Sawyer OLB
    3rd round— Will Shipley RB
    4th round— Ricky Pearsall WR
    5th round— Ladd McKonkey WR
    6th round— Cash Jones RB
    7th round— Carson Steele RB

7. The Following 2 Users High Fived Simple Jaded For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoJoe View Post
    Agree wholeheartedly. BUT, hindsight is 20/20. We all thought it was a pretty good decision at the time.
    Nope....I said giving him a new contract when he had 2 left on the books was a bad move. There is a reason Pete Carroll let him go. We should have seen what he had left in the tank BEFORE giving him everything.

Quote Originally Posted by Davii View Post
    Was the extension GP or ownership?
    Turns out it was Russell Wilson requiring it with the trade, which the GM and ownership should have told him to kick rocks.

Adopted Bronco:
    Kendall Hinton!

Quote Originally Posted by GEM View Post
    Nope....I said giving him a new contract when he had 2 left on the books was a bad move. There is a reason Pete Carroll let him go. We should have seen what he had left in the tank BEFORE giving him everything.
    Yes, but it's two different subjects. The trade, then the contract extension. The trade was fine, the extension (in hind-sight) was aweful.

Yes, but it's two different subjects. The trade, then the contract extension. The trade was fine, the extension (in hind-sight) was aweful.
    What she is saying is that Crust had a no trade clause and wouldn't have agreed with out the promise of a PHAT deal. Idiot. No offense.

12. The Following User High Fived tubby For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Kendall Hinton!

Quote Originally Posted by tubby View Post
    What she is saying is that Crust had a no trade clause and wouldn't have agreed with out the promise of a PHAT deal. Idiot. No offense.
    Yes, I do realize that. But if the Broncos' FO had balls, they'd have told him to wait and see.

Like I said, hindsight is 20/20.

Yes, I do realize that. But if the Broncos' FO had balls, they'd have told him to wait and see.

Like I said, hindsight is 20/20.
    Like the whole idea was trash? I agree

Adopted Bronco:
    Kendall Hinton!

Quote Originally Posted by tubby View Post
    Like the whole idea was trash? I agree
    I think nearly everyone was on board with the trade. It's the extension that bit the Bronco balls. Thankfully, it will never kick in.

16. The Following User High Fived BroncoJoe For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Quinn Meinerz

Some cap space got moved around, so I think the hit will be $53 million this year and $35 next year. The Broncos will likely pay Russ's $20 million bonus then cut him, which drops his hit next year.

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

Quote Originally Posted by UnderArmour View Post
    Some cap space got moved around, so I think the hit will be $53 million this year and $35 next year. The Broncos will likely pay Russ's $20 million bonus then cut him, which drops his hit next year.
    Are they allowed to pay him in pennies given to him in trash bags full of used cat litter? Just wondering.
    Let's Rid3!!!!

19. The Following User High Fived chazoe60 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    PS2

I don’t know where else to put this but the Broncos just freed up another $20 mil in cap space by restructuring Allen and Powers.

“Tact is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.” -Winston Churchill

21. The Following User High Fived HORSEPOWER 56 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

Quote Originally Posted by HORSEPOWER 56 View Post
    I don’t know where else to put this but the Broncos just freed up another $20 mil in cap space by restructuring Allen and Powers.
    Yeah. Cecil and Mase said yesterday that we now have the 9th most money under the cap in the NFL. It's kinda smoke and mirrors though because they said we still owe the Fraud $18M and $13M is earmarked for rookie contracts, but still yeoman's work from the front office on clearing cap space, even if it was emotionally traumatizing, I love Justin Simmons and that one hurt but it was probably for the best for all parties.

So far in SP's first real off-season at the helm I am impressed with his decisiveness, that is for sure. I am putting my trust in SP because he does not come from the old Broncos guard and I am excited to see a different approach. It's obviously been different and kinda painful to watch but its like watching controlled burn, it's violent, sudden and final but you also know that in the long run it rejuvenates the soil and makes everything better. We are in burning season folks.
    Let's Rid3!!!!

23. The Following 2 Users High Fived chazoe60 For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information