Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Give it a rest on George

Adopted Bronco:
    Kendall Hinton!

Default Give it a rest on George

I'd challenge any one of you to apply for a GM position with an NFL team. Here's a hint: They'd laugh you out of the building.

George isn't as bad as many of you claim. Is the the best in the business? No, but he's done a pretty good job.

Give it a rest and stop spamming the board with GP bashing posts. Y'all are making this place unreadable.

2. The Following 6 Users High Fived BroncoJoe For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

The only possible "fireable" offense IMO is the Rus contract decision. Other than that I agree with you. At the time we all believed we were getting a franchise QB so I'm fine with the trade but the contract was a bad idea. I'd be okay with him being fired but I'm also fine with him staying. I do think he's done some good things in the draft and undrafted guys. Guys like Meinerz, McLaughlin and McMillian are just a few of the examples of very good Paton finds and those are the just the ones whose last names start with M.
    Let's Rid3!!!!

4. The Following 2 Users High Fived chazoe60 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Kendall Hinton!

Quote Originally Posted by chazoe60 View Post
    The only possible "fireable" offense IMO is the Rus contract decision. Other than that I agree with you. At the time we all believed we were getting a franchise QB so I'm fine with the trade but the contract was a bad idea. I'd be okay with him being fired but I'm also fine with him staying. I do think he's done some good things in the draft and undrafted guys. Guys like Meinerz, McLaughlin and McMillian are just a few of the examples of very good Paton finds and those are the just the ones whose last names start with M.
    Agree wholeheartedly. BUT, hindsight is 20/20. We all thought it was a pretty good decision at the time.

:poop:

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

Quote Originally Posted by tubby View Post
    :poop:
    Poop on you!!!
    Let's Rid3!!!!

8. The Following User High Fived chazoe60 For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoJoe View Post
    I'd challenge any one of you to apply for a GM position with an NFL team. Here's a hint: They'd laugh you out of the building.

George isn't as bad as many of you claim. Is the the best in the business? No, but he's done a pretty good job.

Give it a rest and stop spamming the board with GP bashing posts. Y'all are making this place unreadable.
    Other than QB, he's put a lot of good talent on the field. Nearly everyone thought Russ was the QB the Broncos needed. The extension is painful, but they clearly wanted to lock him up long term and I'm sure he wasn't completely solo in that decision.

Adopted Bronco:
    DT

Was the extension GP or ownership?

11. The Following User High Fived Davii For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    DT you will be missed

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoJoe View Post

You can't be serious? you are trolling right? He is literally the reason we are in this financial shit show he desrevs every ounce of crticism he gets. He has performed poorly. Much like it was time for Elway to move on, it's time for him to go......

Adopted Bronco:
    DT you will be missed

His draft hits right now are as follows..... Surtain, Meinerz and maybe Browning. There is some credence to Williams, Mathis and Sterns being good picks, but 2 have big health issues, and 1 was benched various times this year. McMillian has been a good UDFA find, and there is some talent from Mclaughlin. I don't see how he should escape criticism though with that being his body of work. The impact has been a C- at best and in his most recent class Mims is the only one showing something right now, and that impact was mostly special teams....

As for FA's he hit on Singelton and that's pretty much it, all his big money signings haven't been good. You could make a case for K'waun being a good find last year, but he was hurt all this year. The rest has been a massive debacle that's put us in a major financial bind. Let's not also forget his love affair with Teddy B, bringing him in, which was a failure and led to the Russ acquisition and subsequent shit show contract and financial situation.... I mean I think he deserves every ounce of criticism he is getting....

I get it he is a nice guy and kisses SP's arse but damn......What's really sad is when Teddy B or Jacoby Brisset will be brought in to compete with Stidham, after we trade back to get some picks to draft so George can draft some more Safeties and TE's that won't be on the field....
    Last edited by Elevation inc; 01-24-2024 at 03:54 AM.

Adopted Bronco:
    DT you will be missed

Quote Originally Posted by Davii View Post
    Was the extension GP or ownership?
    GP, he brought Russ on in March of 22. ownership was Aug of 2022.

Adopted Bronco:
    DT you will be missed

Oh and hiring Hackett should have been grounds for his dismissal alone if were being honest.....like seriously your hire was so bad you had to take the 1st rd pick you got trading a good pass rusher so you could trade for a coach because your pervious hire was that f'in bad and we had shit draft capital because he sold the farm and financially f'ed us with Russ..... F GP, he deserves every ounce of criticism.

16. The Following User High Fived Elevation inc For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

You've convinced me. He is kinda shitty. I just want a QB. Give me a ******* QB
    Let's Rid3!!!!

18. The Following User High Fived chazoe60 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Kendall Hinton!

Quote Originally Posted by Elevation inc View Post
    Oh and hiring Hackett should have been grounds for his dismissal alone if were being honest.....like seriously your hire was so bad you had to take the 1st rd pick you got trading a good pass rusher so you could trade for a coach because your pervious hire was that f'in bad and we had shit draft capital because he sold the farm and financially f'ed us with Russ..... F GP, he deserves every ounce of criticism.
    Remind me again if it's your money he's spending?

I watch the Broncos because I enjoy it. If they win, great. If not, oh well. Doesn't affect my life like some of you. Do you not have anything else to care about? Broncos are pretty far down my list of priorities (wife, kids, grandkids, family, work, etc.)

Sorry (not sorry) you let something completely out of your control, control you.

Baker mayfield ?

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip "TD" Lindsay

He's given you 2. Oh, did you mean you want a quality QB?
    I’m an Autistic Self-Advocate. If you have any questions about Autism/Asperger’s, feel free to ask. I’m not offended by any question asked by anyone who has a genuine desire to understand us better.

https://aacphoenix.com/

22. The Following User High Fived FanInAZ For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information