Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 33

Thread: Give it a rest on George

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    5,280
    Adopted Bronco:
    Kendall Hinton!
    Posts
    43,886

    Default Give it a rest on George

    I'd challenge any one of you to apply for a GM position with an NFL team. Here's a hint: They'd laugh you out of the building.

    George isn't as bad as many of you claim. Is the the best in the business? No, but he's done a pretty good job.

    Give it a rest and stop spamming the board with GP bashing posts. Y'all are making this place unreadable.

  2. The Following 5 Users High Fived BroncoJoe For This Post:


  3. #2
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas
    Posts
    30,985

    Default

    The only possible "fireable" offense IMO is the Rus contract decision. Other than that I agree with you. At the time we all believed we were getting a franchise QB so I'm fine with the trade but the contract was a bad idea. I'd be okay with him being fired but I'm also fine with him staying. I do think he's done some good things in the draft and undrafted guys. Guys like Meinerz, McLaughlin and McMillian are just a few of the examples of very good Paton finds and those are the just the ones whose last names start with M.
    Let's Rid3!!!!

  4. The Following 2 Users High Fived chazoe60 For This Post:


  5. #3
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    5,280
    Adopted Bronco:
    Kendall Hinton!
    Posts
    43,886

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by chazoe60 View Post
    The only possible "fireable" offense IMO is the Rus contract decision. Other than that I agree with you. At the time we all believed we were getting a franchise QB so I'm fine with the trade but the contract was a bad idea. I'd be okay with him being fired but I'm also fine with him staying. I do think he's done some good things in the draft and undrafted guys. Guys like Meinerz, McLaughlin and McMillian are just a few of the examples of very good Paton finds and those are the just the ones whose last names start with M.
    Agree wholeheartedly. BUT, hindsight is 20/20. We all thought it was a pretty good decision at the time.

  6. #4

    Default

    :poop:

  7. #5
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas
    Posts
    30,985

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tubby View Post
    :poop:
    Poop on you!!!
    Let's Rid3!!!!

  8. The Following User High Fived chazoe60 For This Post:


  9. #6
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    67,743

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BroncoJoe View Post
    I'd challenge any one of you to apply for a GM position with an NFL team. Here's a hint: They'd laugh you out of the building.

    George isn't as bad as many of you claim. Is the the best in the business? No, but he's done a pretty good job.

    Give it a rest and stop spamming the board with GP bashing posts. Y'all are making this place unreadable.
    Other than QB, he's put a lot of good talent on the field. Nearly everyone thought Russ was the QB the Broncos needed. The extension is painful, but they clearly wanted to lock him up long term and I'm sure he wasn't completely solo in that decision.

  10. #7
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    New Orleans, LA
    Adopted Bronco:
    DT
    Posts
    41,695

    Default

    Was the extension GP or ownership?

  11. The Following User High Fived Davii For This Post:


  12. #8
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Italy
    Adopted Bronco:
    DT you will be missed
    Posts
    13,087

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BroncoJoe View Post
    I'd challenge any one of you to apply for a GM position with an NFL team. Here's a hint: They'd laugh you out of the building.

    George isn't as bad as many of you claim. Is the the best in the business? No, but he's done a pretty good job.

    Give it a rest and stop spamming the board with GP bashing posts. Y'all are making this place unreadable.
    You can't be serious? you are trolling right? He is literally the reason we are in this financial shit show he desrevs every ounce of crticism he gets. He has performed poorly. Much like it was time for Elway to move on, it's time for him to go......

  13. #9
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Italy
    Adopted Bronco:
    DT you will be missed
    Posts
    13,087

    Default

    His draft hits right now are as follows..... Surtain, Meinerz and maybe Browning. There is some credence to Williams, Mathis and Sterns being good picks, but 2 have big health issues, and 1 was benched various times this year. McMillian has been a good UDFA find, and there is some talent from Mclaughlin. I don't see how he should escape criticism though with that being his body of work. The impact has been a C- at best and in his most recent class Mims is the only one showing something right now, and that impact was mostly special teams....

    As for FA's he hit on Singelton and that's pretty much it, all his big money signings haven't been good. You could make a case for K'waun being a good find last year, but he was hurt all this year. The rest has been a massive debacle that's put us in a major financial bind. Let's not also forget his love affair with Teddy B, bringing him in, which was a failure and led to the Russ acquisition and subsequent shit show contract and financial situation.... I mean I think he deserves every ounce of criticism he is getting....

    I get it he is a nice guy and kisses SP's arse but damn......What's really sad is when Teddy B or Jacoby Brisset will be brought in to compete with Stidham, after we trade back to get some picks to draft so George can draft some more Safeties and TE's that won't be on the field....
    Last edited by Elevation inc; 01-24-2024 at 03:54 AM.

  14. #10
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Italy
    Adopted Bronco:
    DT you will be missed
    Posts
    13,087

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Davii View Post
    Was the extension GP or ownership?
    GP, he brought Russ on in March of 22. ownership was Aug of 2022.

  15. #11
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Italy
    Adopted Bronco:
    DT you will be missed
    Posts
    13,087

    Default

    Oh and hiring Hackett should have been grounds for his dismissal alone if were being honest.....like seriously your hire was so bad you had to take the 1st rd pick you got trading a good pass rusher so you could trade for a coach because your pervious hire was that f'in bad and we had shit draft capital because he sold the farm and financially f'ed us with Russ..... F GP, he deserves every ounce of criticism.

  16. #12
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas
    Posts
    30,985

    Default

    You've convinced me. He is kinda shitty. I just want a QB. Give me a ******* QB
    Let's Rid3!!!!

  17. The Following User High Fived chazoe60 For This Post:


  18. #13
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    5,280
    Adopted Bronco:
    Kendall Hinton!
    Posts
    43,886

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Elevation inc View Post
    Oh and hiring Hackett should have been grounds for his dismissal alone if were being honest.....like seriously your hire was so bad you had to take the 1st rd pick you got trading a good pass rusher so you could trade for a coach because your pervious hire was that f'in bad and we had shit draft capital because he sold the farm and financially f'ed us with Russ..... F GP, he deserves every ounce of criticism.
    Remind me again if it's your money he's spending?

    I watch the Broncos because I enjoy it. If they win, great. If not, oh well. Doesn't affect my life like some of you. Do you not have anything else to care about? Broncos are pretty far down my list of priorities (wife, kids, grandkids, family, work, etc.)

    Sorry (not sorry) you let something completely out of your control, control you.

  19. #14
    Join Date
    Jul 2021
    Location
    Canada, eh
    Posts
    2,056

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by chazoe60 View Post
    You've convinced me. He is kinda shitty. I just want a QB. Give me a ******* QB

    Baker mayfield ?

  20. #15
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Phoenix, AZ
    Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip "TD" Lindsay
    Posts
    11,299

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by chazoe60 View Post
    You've convinced me. He is kinda shitty. I just want a QB. Give me a ******* QB
    He's given you 2. Oh, did you mean you want a quality QB?
    Iím an Autistic Self-Advocate. If you have any questions about Autism/Aspergerís, feel free to ask. Iím not offended by any question asked by anyone who has a genuine desire to understand us better.

    https://aacphoenix.com/

  21. The Following User High Fived FanInAZ For This Post:


Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
status.broncosforums.com - BroncosForums status updates
Partner with the USA Today Sports Media Group