Poll: Do you want Penix?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10

Thread: We Love Penix

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

I don't think Penix is a great fit for SP. He lives deep and outside the numbers for the most part. He also does not do great under pressure. I like the kid tremendously and would root like Hell for him but I don't see a great fit there. However, if we draft him I will defer to SP, he obviously knows more than a sparky from the hills.

If we could get the vs. Texas Penix way more than the vs. Michigan Penix, sign me up, but the vs. Michigan Penix seems like the more likely outcome. They dared him to throw short and intermediate and he couldn't do it very well at all. There was another game film of his I watched too, can't remember who Texas Tech maybe, it was a team with a bad record but they gave Penix fits because they just blitzed the Hell out of him and he looked all out of sorts. That's the biggest worry I have about him. Everyone was stoked by his 40 time, me included but when analyzed with the proper context it means nothing. He rushed for 8 yards last season.
    Let's Rid3!!!!

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

Quote Originally Posted by dogfish View Post
    This is going to be a process. A long one. Which is why they were fools not to start it last year. Of course, looking at what Payton did in New Orleans after Brees retired, he's never going to start it.
    We didn't have the draft picks to truly start anything. We could have slashed and burnt the roster, I suppose that is your point. IMHO the biggest mistake we made was not changing gears after the Miami loss. Should have benched Russ then and fired VJ/promoted Christian Parker. Would have killed 2 birds with one stone. Get almost an entire season of Stidham so SP could cure himself of that weird ass obsession and kept one of the hottest young defensive coaches in the league. We'd also probably be drafting a lot closer to the #5 spot instead of once again(the biggest factor holding this franchise back) picking in the no-man's land of NFL draft suckage. You can get great players at that 8-16 range but when you are year in year out drafting in those spots it's because you're team sucks but not enough to do anything really meaningful about it, at least where QB is concerned.
    Let's Rid3!!!!

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

Quote Originally Posted by chazoe60 View Post
    I don't think Penix is a great fit for SP. He lives deep and outside the numbers for the most part. He also does not do great under pressure. I like the kid tremendously and would root like Hell for him but I don't see a great fit there. However, if we draft him I will defer to SP, he obviously knows more than a sparky from the hills.

If we could get the vs. Texas Penix way more than the vs. Michigan Penix, sign me up, but the vs. Michigan Penix seems like the more likely outcome. They dared him to throw short and intermediate and he couldn't do it very well at all. There was another game film of his I watched too, can't remember who Texas Tech maybe, it was a team with a bad record but they gave Penix fits because they just blitzed the Hell out of him and he looked all out of sorts. That's the biggest worry I have about him. Everyone was stoked by his 40 time, me included but when analyzed with the proper context it means nothing. He rushed for 8 yards last season.
    Well crap.

I still like the kid but it's purely about his style.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sting
    "You know cos I just lost my parents--both my parents died in the same year...to this day, people come up to me and say 'my dad died and that album really meant a lot to me,' which is very nourishing {pats heart} for a songwriter to hear that your songs have a utility beyond just their own solace, that it actually helps other people."

4. The Following 3 Users High Fived Hawgdriver For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Dogfish

It’s all about style, Hawg.

The disrespect shown to me there will not go unpunished.

You won’t know when, but you’ll know why.

6. The Following User High Fived King87 For This Post:

Installing a lefty can really be a mixed bag. Some receivers have trouble with the different spin. It's also really weird for the RB's changing the hand-off exchange. And of course you'll need to draft a top RT then. ...not to mention it's then best to have lefty backup QB's then also. You're committing yourself to a lefty system that really changes many of the moving parts of the offense.

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

Quote Originally Posted by Bronco Yoda View Post
    Installing a lefty can really be a mixed bag. Some receivers have trouble with the different spin. It's also really weird for the RB's changing the hand-off exchange. And of course you'll need to draft a top RT then. ...not to mention it's then best to have lefty backup QB's then also. You're committing yourself to a lefty system that really changes many of the moving parts of the offense.
    I assume a bunch of schematic changes as well, different rollouts, route trees swapping sides etc.....

And if we draft Penix we have to make sure we have one of the best OLs in the NFL because he does not fare well when pressured.
    Let's Rid3!!!!

Adopted Bronco:
    Baron Browning, Jaleel McLaughlin

Quote Originally Posted by chazoe60 View Post
    I assume a bunch of schematic changes as well, different rollouts, route trees swapping sides etc.....

And if we draft Penix we have to make sure we have one of the best OLs in the NFL because he does not fare well when pressured.
    If that's the case, we have zero business drafting him.
    “When we do find that guy, we’ve got to have the continuity on the offensive side to where we can train him and develop him and get him there. This is our fourth offense in probably three or four years. Quarterbacks need to be developed. You don’t find one ready-made. We got to have a solid system in place for when we do go after whatever guy it may be, a young guy or a trade or whatnot.”
    - John Elway

Adopted Bronco:
    only Von

so, we don't love penix?

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

Quote Originally Posted by aberdien View Post
    so, we don't love penix?
    After more study I am down on him. He has many issues IMO. There are quite a few breakdowns showing his struggles with pressure and his inconsistent accuracy especially when moved off of his spot. The ASU and Michigan game films are good examples of what I think he is going to look like in the pros.
    Let's Rid3!!!!

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

Let's Rid3!!!!

13. The Following User High Fived chazoe60 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

This is a good breakdown.
    Let's Rid3!!!!

A hard 'HELL NO' on Penix.

All things considering... the juice isn't worth the squeeze

Adopted Bronco:
    Baron Browning, Jaleel McLaughlin

A hard 'HELL NO' on Penix.

All things considering... the juice isn't worth the squeeze
    Certainly not with a high pick. If he fell to the third round, fine, but I wouldn't take him any higher than that. After four season-ending injuries? Screw that.
    “When we do find that guy, we’ve got to have the continuity on the offensive side to where we can train him and develop him and get him there. This is our fourth offense in probably three or four years. Quarterbacks need to be developed. You don’t find one ready-made. We got to have a solid system in place for when we do go after whatever guy it may be, a young guy or a trade or whatnot.”
    - John Elway

17. The Following 2 Users High Fived dogfish For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by dogfish View Post
    Certainly not with a high pick. If he fell to the third round, fine, but I wouldn't take him any higher than that. After four season-ending injuries? Screw that.
    I would take a 3rd round flier on Rattler before Penix.

19. The Following User High Fived Bronco Yoda For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

I would take a 3rd round flier on Rattler before Penix.
    I'm pretty close to that opinion as well. I'm a little terrified that SP likes Penix. I hope not, but also as I have said before if SP picks him I'll be interested to see how wrong I hopefully am. I kinda hope the Raiders take him. If we can generate even a hint of pressure we'll get 2 wins a year out of the deal.
    Let's Rid3!!!!

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information